my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


ANNUAL EVENTS---

and
click on Sunday Stealing button to join

SUNDAY STEALING

26. Do you like someone? Of course....too many to mention here I guess. Tell me, do YOU like someone?

27. The last song you listened to? We went to the Jazz Festival yesterday and the last one we listened to was "I Love You for Sentimental Reasons".

28. What time of day were you born? Oh....my. I do know it was late...like 11 something at night. Too lazy to get my Birth Certificate out tho....Unlike Obama, I have it right here with me. Somewhere.

29. What’s your favorite number? I like 5...seems like a lot in my life has the number 5. And....I'm the 5th child in my immediate family.

30. Where did you live in 1987? Colorado. [at that time, our first born had just recently graduated from high school]

31. Are you jealous of anyone? Nah...no need to carry that burden.

32. Is anyone jealous of you? I've been told by a few that they are jealous of me and my lifestyle. Why, I can't understand.

33. Where were you when 9/11 happened? Doing what I'm doing now...typing on the keyboard, online, a group telling me that the Twin Towers were 'attacked'....an online group message board.

34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money? Walk away.

35. Do you consider yourself kind? I guess. It actually depends on my mood. But, ya, most always.

36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be? I do have one right now [A tiger butterfly face I designed myself]...and I didn't HAVE to GET IT. If I had to get another, it'd be on my shoulder probably.


37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be? I am...Spanish. I can speak a bit of French, Danish [only because of Mutti, she's helped me a lot], German, and Latin. So, if I'd like to learn another language and be fluent, it'd be Italian

38. Would you move for the person you loved? Of course.

39. Are you touchy feely? No

40. What’s your life motto? Live and Let Live

41. Name three things that you have on you at all times? Hair, Skin, and wedding rings.

42. What’s your favourite town/city? In America....I love and return to oftentimes...San Diego.

43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash? Groceries

44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? I've written notes of thanks to Congressmen {I feel that a positive deserves a positive} when I appreciate what they've done. I've recently written letters to those that I want to thank, in a more personal way.

45. Can you change the oil on a car? Yes! I actually think the oil filter wrench is cool looking. And wonder if there is one in a neck size 17 1/2?

46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her? He's happily married.

47. How far back do you know about your ancestry? 1600s....Northern Ireland. And royalty. Wooohoo.

48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy? A woman's suit...to my Son's graduation from St. Thomas University [his master's degree]

49. Does anything hurt on your body right now? No. Just got up. Wait a few hours then return to ask this question.

50. Have you been burned by love? No....hurt by a KIA in Viet Nam, but never burned.



- - -<><><>- - -


SUNDAY'S SUMMARY

HOLY CROSS CEMETERY
in Corpus Christi
is reportedly haunted...

BUD AND I WENT
to walk the grounds
I love doing this so near Halloween
Gets me 'into the spirit' more so.

This particular cemetery is HUGE...we walked only part of it since on the other side there was a funeral going on, and neither of us wanted to disturb or be disrespectful. Altho, we didn't witness any activity of the paranormal [the link above, in bold type, shows one apparition that is quite haunting---at first glance I thought it was a blurred vision of a headstone...but it's out of place and not 'in a row']. It was an interesting walk-through. We saw a lot of beautiful stones, grave markings. Some with photos encased in the headstones, some with embellishments that would make a millionaire these days blink twice...others broken, others so very old [there are supposed to be some buried here born in the 1700s...we didn't find them. I think the earliest birth I saw was in the early 1800s]. The 2nd photo down from top, on the left, has the date 1813 or 1819 as birth date. The oldest that I found in the short time we visited, was 94 while the youngest was 4 days old. Some were double graves marked Padre and Madre [there is a lot of Mexican descent here being that Texas was once Old Mexico]. While, surprisingly, many many were of Irish descent...birth Ireland. And the two of us being of the Irish bloodlines, we paid particular attention to them ---one even the same surname as one I found doing my family's genealogy. All in all it was a very interesting hour or two spent in the hot sun. Here are some photos I took off my cellphone. I'll post half of them today [9 photos], and tomorrow the last of them [9 more]---







I always thought "Buffalo Bill" Cody
was buried in Deadwood South Dakota?!!

It was something to see the same name
as his...on this headstone.








Yet, for me, Halloween is a great time of year to walk cemetery grounds that are reported haunted....still, the history of families and the ages, the military service of some, the diseases, the images and thoughts of all the stress of illnesses and deaths---well, it brings me to a more stable feeling...knowing that I'm alive to read about the surroundings in awe and respect for the dead.

- - -

FRIDAY Bud and I went to see the newest comedy action film, RED. Starring Bruce Willis and Helen Mirren. Along with Morgan Freeman and a 'favorite' of mine, John Malkovich. It was very funny...but, it took a long time getting 'to the action' and the whole cast. The first 15 minutes or so, it was kinda slow in taking off---afterward it was quite funny and filled with action and fast paced thrills for the latter part; a comedy spy thriller of sorts...it'll keep you on your toes and have you laughing a lot. The new girlfriend...Bruce Willis' girlfriend in the movie, Mary-Louise Parker, was a hoot!! Very enjoyable it was. And, all's well that ends well in my opinion. When the movie ended, we went out to eat at Cheddars.


THIS WEEKEND
THE TEXAS JAZZ FESTIVAL
IS IN
CORPUS CHRISTI!!
Another annual thing
we go to enjoy....
Over this weekend the Texas Jazz Festival is in full swing! [no pun intended] ---it's the 50th anniversary show this weekend. Been around in Corpus for 50 years. Whoa. We attended just a short while yesterday since there was an AL Championship game being played in the afternoon. Hey? Baseball is priority. LOL But, I took a few photos while there and will share at a later time since the blog today is quite full already.

logo courtesy of home site copyright infringement not intended

19 comments :

  1. I enjoy walking through cemeteries, especially old ones like this one.
    I'll have to watch for that movie. I hadn't heard of it till now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on the whole jealousy thing. Such a waste of energy and time.

    Cute tat!

    Thanks for sharing the cemetery photos. I love walking in the oldest sections of cemeteries. Stones used to be so interesting!

    Have a great week, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey loved all your answers!!! n your tiger-butterfly tatto!!! very creative!!! i loved it!!! i m jealousss.... hahha got one more in tthat group!!! lol!!
    actually make that for two things the next thing is u r spanish!!!!.... i desperately want to learn spanishh....

    ReplyDelete
  4. #47 is WOW! That's so interesting! Would love to know more about that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning, Anni
    What's with the numbering of the questions? Did you just choose the ones you wanted to answer?

    I always enjoy hearing about your outings...we like to visit old cemeteries whenever we vacation and we've been to a few while researching our genealogy...I've heard the old one downtown here is interesting and they have people there sometimes who tell about the characters of Huntsville's early residents.
    I have a book: 'Tales Behind the Tombstones' which says Buffalo Bill is buried in Cody, Wyoming and shows his grave which is quite elaborate. He died in 1917...But that tombstone would have given me quite a turn....just a note: I thought my 12 year old grandson would be interested in this book but when I mentioned several of the famous people such as Jesse James, Wild Bill Hickock, William Cantrell, He had never heard of them. I was surprised.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Anni. I see you are into Halloween big-time huh? LOL. I used to be that way when the girls were small and decorated for Halloween, but since they are older, I don't do it anymore. Now instead of them going Trick-Or-Treating, they go uptown here on Main Street with shaving cream and shave cream each other with their friends. That is the thing around here for the kids to do when they get older. They even have a Police Officer sitting up there and watching them just to make sure no one does any damage to any of the businesses. They just have a good time and come home with shaving cream all over them. LOL. I remember one time, years ago when I was a small child, we were on our way to California, driving of course, and we stopped in Clovis, New Mexico, to spend the night with some Family. We stayed a few days and I remember going to see Billy the Kid's grave somewhere out there. I'm sure my Mom has some pictures of it somewhere at her house, but who knows where all those old pictures are at. We can go to a local Cemetary and see lots of old tombstones that are discolored and you can't hardly read the writing on them as well. No telling how old they are. My Dad, even tho he is 82 years old, has been a Funeral Director since back in the 50's and has been to alot of Cemetaries himself. At 82, he still helps with Funerals and things. He was supposed to have retired when he turned 67, and then he was supposed to have semi-retired, but he is still helping out with them. Take care my friend and hope you have a good week.

    Love and hugs,

    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your answers, especially number 28! The post about the haunted cemetery is pretty cool, I had never heard of that. I want to see Red, good to know what to expect! Thanks for stopping by my blog too! ~Lisa

    I am all a twitter about life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good answers. Nice to hear someone still writes letters. Liked your life motto. Wow, Irish royalty, that's an impressive lineage. Think I'll go and see RED this week. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mama Bear You know? You're absolutely right...it's Wild Bill Hickock that is buried at Mt. Moriah in Deadwood!!! High 5 for knowing the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, I'm jealous of you and your tattoo...



    Have a great day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/10/in-case-you-havent-heard-shes-done-it-again/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear of the KIA. That must have been very hard for you...

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL "wrench in neck size 17 1/2" you ARE a hoot Anni! Cool you speak Spanish and some of the other languages. Admire you can just walk away from a hungry vending machine. That is patience. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bud Sometimes, it still is if I think about what might've been.

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for the comment. you have a lively color blog. and also nice tattoo. cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A Kia in Vietnam? What am missing? LOL Love the tattoo. Great design. That jazz festival sounds great. Go Rangers!!! Go Phillies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ani! You go girl. I love this post.
    also: Do you not accept posts on your rants? You were preaching to the choir in my case... I just wanted to give you a thumbs up and applause for being brave enough to speak your mind -- the first time to that "lady" and this time by blogging about your feelings. Good for you. I don't have the nerve or the talent.

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is so sad to hear of these young children killing themselves. it's sad that these children had not had someone to talk to before taking their lives. the video was very emotional and you have to say that this man seemed very sincere. rose

    ReplyDelete
  18. Italian language is interesting though thanks for dropping by

    ReplyDelete

.