my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




...dreams that you dare to dream---


and

click either button to join
Thunks...Answers below my "Theme Song"



Pick lyrics from any recorded song...incorporate your photos to only a few of the lyrics!! Easy Peasy!!! There are MILLIONS of songs from which to choose........


My ThemeSong this week is:


Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high,
There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby.


Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue,

And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true.

Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops


Away above the chimney tops


That's where you'll find me.

Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly.
Birds fly over the rainbow.
Why then, oh why can't I?



OVER THE RAINBOW--sung and recorded: by Judy Garland in the Wizard of Oz


PHOTOS: A few of the photos this week aren't all that sharp...but I'm using 'em anyway...[look closely at the 'rainbow on the cloud'! It's there...just above the two birds (birds fly, over the rainbow?)---ON the cloud. It was MUCH more pretty and defined than the cellphone captured!!] The 'skies are blue' is a sunrise photo from our front porch--with faint stars in the corner; also part of the song lyrics. The bluebird photo is cropped from one I posted a few months back--an Indigo Bunting in our rose bush. Chimney is ours...lemon drops are a favorite hard candy for me...I have 'em on hand all the time--------


- - -<><><>- - -


THURSDAY THUNKS


10. What number blog post is this for you? The editing page says 1470, but there are a few ThemeSong posts in draft, and I'm too lazy to subtract 'em right now; I just woke up.

9. You are driving down a road and your GPS says turn right, but the road has a Dead End sign. You check your GPS and according to it's map, there is a road at the end of the Dead End road that you need to turn onto. Do you follow the GPS? I think the car must'a been stolen then....I don't have GPS. Either that, or I drank more than I thought I did!!

8. If you had a $2 bill, would you spend it? Sure! It's not worth the paper it's printed on...so why not spend it?

7. When there is nobody else around and you sneeze or cough, do you cover your mouth? Bless me!!! I'm a creature of habit...and, habits die hard y'know.

6. You are a DJ at a radio station and your first guest is Bud... what is the first question you are going to ask him? "Tell me Bud...is 'Bud' a nickname or did your parents have that put on your birth certificate?" Second question..."And, how much Weiser [wiser] are you than the rest of your gender?"

5. Have you ever stopped to help a stranger with a flat tire? Yes, [I grew up with three older brothers, I know how!!!] and some have also stopped and helped ME! Do unto others...I'd appreciate help and would try to reciprocate.

4. You get on an airplane and you find that your seat neighbor is Kimber... what do you talk about or do you ignore her completely? I'd talk...but of what I don't really know how the conversation would flow. In fact, thinking about it, I'm not sure I'd even KNOW it was Kimber in the first place.

3. Have you ever rode an elephant? I'd say 'ridden'. Ride is an irregular verb, you'd say I rode an elephant, OR I HAVE RIDDEN [past participle] And to answer the question, no.

2. Time to bitch & moan! What is your biggest complaint about your current friends on Facebook? I only have an account for family photo shares...so, my 'friends' are family. No complaints.

1. School is back in session for all little girls and boys now. What, in your life, changes when kids go back to school? The Flashing Lights in the School Zone. I have no kids, but as a driver I need to heed the law.

23 comments :

  1. Enjoyed this post sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #6 Excellent questions indeed. ^_^ Now see it all depends, maybe the elephant ride was too traumatic for me...and that's why I forgot it. lol. Have a great day Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No complaints about family? Wow.
    I know lots of people doing the "bless me" thing.

    Have a great day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/09/recruiters-like-top-public-universities-for-those-jobs/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anni--

    Love the photos and the song. I joined FB to keep up with family but found other 'friends' along the way. But they're mostly people I want to be connected to so I have no complaints either.

    I had a nice visit here. Love it when you Thunk along! Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pictures - we've had several evenings with those pastel colored clouds this summer. Just gorgeous. I love the birds against the clouds and the tiny little stars you captured. Great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS - I love how you corrected the grammar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the rainbow picture! And on the Thunks, I'm wondering who Kimber is?

    ReplyDelete
  8. #1....Wow, so you're the ONE who does that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anni, I will come back when I have a minute and e-mail you.

    Regarding bad grammar, etc. When I was the admission guru in the School of SW at CSU, I read many application essays. My English teacher instincts and my red pen took over - I marked errors as I read. I figured - if you can't get it right, or at least get it edited, you don't deserve to be in grad school!! And often it seemed that the faculty readers were only reading for content. Drove me nuts. It worked sometimes, too!

    Talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dawn Oh me me me!!! What you did with the applications, I'd do the very same! I just deplore improper usage of our language. My son, still to this day, and he has a Master's Degree, will say "Him and ME"!!! It just irks me to no end. LOLOLOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anni, you are a woman of true substance and good grammur ;) lol...I always love your answers and can't wait to join in on the Thursday Theme song, I just figured out how to use my digi. camera, I know welcome to the 21st C. Wendy, lol...I love your questions to Bud! Hope your Thursday has some good thunks for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful you choice of song and the pictures are just wonderful as well. I really lie your choice this week. Hmmm a bit to much paaaartyaaaing ? LOL great question for Bud. LOL. Excellent my friend. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll be singing this all day long.... beautiful song and beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great answers! Hope you have a wonderful Thursday Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well the answers are that I am "Bernard, Jr," and I'm not sure if I'm wiser than anybody! :) My best friend's mom sent me a card when I graduated high school that read, "Now Bud IS wiser" She was a hot ticket. She passed away when I was in college and I still miss her...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anni
    We love The Wizard of Oz at our house!!! Love the lemon drops!!! But then you might have guessed that since my K9 brother's name was Toto aka the Mighty Mini Doxie!!!

    Mom says: oh me oh my that Hootin' Anni has created a monster on Thursday Theme song. She just loves a challenge.
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  17. I never heard of flashing lights in the school zone- what is that??

    ReplyDelete
  18. Applause for answer #3!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Anni Sweetie...
    I am clapping and clapping. I had no idea you could sing so well. Bravo...Bravo...Please take a bow.

    Now I will always love Somewhere over the rainbow. Such a beautiful place to dream about don't you think? Yes take me there.

    I always love your writes, such thought into each one. Oh and I love Bud and the Wiser part too. You are so stinkin darn cute. Gotta love you.

    Hope you are having a wonderful date sweetie. Many hugs and so much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  20. I still love the Wizard of Oz, I can almost hear Judy Garland singing that song. Your photos are great Anni, the first one with the birds and clouds is so dreamy.

    Glad you corrected the grammar on #3, that bugged me as soon as I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Over the Rainbow. Memories. And no - it is not just for Georgia - it is for Georgia bloggers and their friends. Hope you can come. Sandie

    PS How did you know all that trivia?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good take for the wizard of oz. I will be doing it from a different prospective, not my daughter's photos, but photos taken on another occasion. I will do that next week.

    Have a good week.

    We are having a "beast" weather. Snow fail and the farmers worry for their lambs.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Anni, I just learned we have same theme song... this will be our theme song!

    ReplyDelete

.