“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






stand up...place arm on your hip...and sing along with Anni---


and

click button to join
Answers below my "Theme Song"



At this point and hour of day, while blogging, I think I have either drifted back to my childhood playtime for the time being or at least I've checked by brain cells at the door! I don't know which! LOL With doing memes, of which I'm addicted, I find that on Thursday there isn't much of anything that sounds fun. I've checked online on the daily meme lists; nothing of interest. But, as I'm reading my comments left for me from yesterday's meme post, after 'scribing' a few lyrics from the song "God Bless America" and associating photos that I have taken with the lyrics, I thought I'd try it again today. With photos off my digital to go with a new concept; Thursday Theme Song....

The song in my heart and mind today is none other than:


I am a little teapot short & stout




Here´s my handle



Here´s my spout



When I get all steamed up I just shout -- tip me over & pour me out...




ta da!! Now don't go tellin' me the song will be going through your mind all day. If it does...then, it'll be two of us!! The tea-for-one set in the photos above is one of my favorites...purple!! I have a few that are sittin' around getting dusty on the top of a kitchen cupboard. LOL I took this one down and snapped a few photos this morning. Even took the paintshop program I have on the computer and added a little 'tea' coming from the spout and drew in a little bit of steam trying to make it look like hot liquid. All righty then, I figured it all out afterall...I've checked my brain cells at the door. Y'all think I'm a bit crazy...well, trust me, this morning it's a short trip...I arrived at crazy very quickly. And, decided to answer the Thursday Thunks questions given to us....



- - -<><><>- - -

THURSDAY THUNKS


One of our co-hosts for Thursday Thunks meme has been in ICU with a head injury...My thoughts and prayers go out to you Kimber!! Recover quickly, but take the time needed, and get back to us when you can!!!


1. Do you have any special talents? Tell us about them. Just look around on my sidebar...

2. What is your favorite sound? Well, I have many, but the first one that comes to mind is the long, lonely, far away sound of a train's whistle on a summer evening. It makes me feel bigger than life for some reason...yet forlorn and sad too.

3. What was your favorite TV show as a child or teen? HA...the first one that pops into my head is a Western [My dad had the 'run of the TV when it was on]. And it starred Steve McQueen. Hence, the western TV programs watched when I was young. Oh boy, if my father only knew the reason I was always there on the couch watching...Steve McQueen was HOT!! And if you want my opinion, being a child and/or teen is the same thing. Both are 'children'--especially at my age. Oh and the program [the name finally came to me] --Wanted Dead or Alive.

4. There are a lot of specialty TV networks now devoted to things like golf, gardening, shopping, game shows, sports, news and sci-fi. Do you have any favorite TV networks? Other than TCM and AMC [movies only] -For me, it's ESPN or FoxSportsHouston. I adore game shows, but our cable company doesn't carry it. Whatever happened to "I can Name that Tune in one note"....Name that Tune!! Loved it.

5. What is your guilty pleasure TV show? It's mostly movies or sports, but I do have two favorites that I try not to miss, and that is The Big Bang Theory [moving to Thursday nights this Fall] and NCIS.

6. Berleen is on the top of a mountain. How on earth did she get there and what was she doing? With all due respect for Kimber...I think Berleen has been fantasizing smelling some of Kimber's oxygen via osmosis or the subliminal messaging, or something or other from her ICU room. Makes her 'high' as on top of a mountain any ol' time.

7. Have you ever dreamed that you made love to someone you haven’t yet met? If I haven't met, how will I know I'm dreaming of him. I guess I'm not dreaming then. If I did, I wouldn't tell YOU about it. It'd be my secret fantasy.

8. Berleen decides to run away and join the circus. What could you imagine her performing under the big top? Well, she's high on the oxygen whiffing mountain 'trip' in question #6, so she must be flying high on the trapeze.

9. What is your favorite sci-fi movie? This is really my least favorite, and I rarely watch them...you'd be better off asking Bud [my husband] this. Avatar was good...but I truly loved Hans Solo...and Chief Brody...so, it'd be either Star Wars or JAWS [oh ya, I loved Yoda too....answering the question, I am.]

10. What is your favorite reality show? OFF!! Don't watch 'em...so the TV would be turned off.

11. Bud says he is on vacation. What do you think he is doing? Dreaming of twins in some way, shape, or form. And it's not venturing out to a Minnesota Twins game as you might expect me to say.

12. When shopping at the grocery store, do you always return your cart? In the buggy box, yes.

13. Do you take compliments well? Yes, thanks!!

15 comments :

  1. LOL...you are just one crazy southern woman that I love to death. That was so cool and now thanks to you I'm going to have that song in my mind like forever. LOL Your photos are excellent that go with each one of them. And as a compliment to you....thank you for being my friend :) Have a wonderful Thursday :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, that song will play in my head all day, but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your lttle teapot and your new look bloggy. I LOVE the colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. I compliment you for bothering to answer the silly questions. Loved the teapot song and pics to match.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing - making tea and steam come out of the pot. So clever!! We sing that song at the library every week or so - the twins and I. Well, I sing it and the twins think we're all crazy. Someday I hope they'll join in!

    Another thing about them - every time a train whistle blows in the distance, which is often in our town, they say, "What's that sound?" Funny.

    I went on a train from Minneapolis to Waterloo, Iowa when I was 12 to take care of two nieces while my aunt had another baby. 12!! I was so excited in the weeks leading up to that adventure that every time I heard a train whistle, I wanted to get on it and go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, gonna have that song running through my mind today. It was one of my favorites to sing to the kiddos. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Annie Sweetie...
    Oh my goodness, yes I will be thinking about that little ditty in my head the rest of the day. I loved that song as a child, taught it to my kids, and most of my grandkids. Love your teapot for one. They are exceptional aren't they? Just enough when you need a little pick me up.

    Now your answers to the questions. Funny I lived not far from a train track as a child, and loved hearing the whistle of the train in the night, it was so soothing, it would lull me to sleep. Love it.

    And Oh My Gosh...I wonder whatever did happen to Name that Tune. Gosh I loved that show, and actually was pretty good at it. What fun. Those were good shows.

    Steve McQueen, oh girlfriend. A hottie. Love Steve McQueen.

    Beautiful share as always sweetie. I so love to come and visit. Thank you for sharing with me today sweet friend. I so love it when you do. Have a gorgeous Thursday. Do something fun.

    Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anni, you Rock and make me smile. I do love NCIS but I feel no guilt about it. Happy Thunky Thursday!

    Debster

    http://wp.me/pRYvi-3d

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember the teapot song! We sang it in kindergarten! Fun memories. I like your teapot too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a lady of many talents Hootin' Anni!

    Enjoy your Thursday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/08/wanna-get-your-car-stolen-get-an-escalade/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to know more about you Hootin Anni! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a little teapot, short and stout! Great shots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. steve McQueen --- yum

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember Dead or Alive . I thought that Steve M. was very good looking and tough. Now, how long ago was that? too long ago. Have a good evening. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  15. A unique look at a ruby!
    Let's hope hurricane season isn't so active. :)

    ReplyDelete

.