THIS WEEK at I'd Rather B Birdin'
-photos of-

BABY & JUVENILE BIRDS
click on bird name[s] to view them
and read a bit of trivia about them!!
...............Hope to see you there!..............




...Sunday, Monday happy days...Tuesday Wednesday happy days---

---those were the days my friend!!

You may wonder the reason behind this image [borrowed from wikipedia search] I am using to open my blog today. Trust me it'll be explained in just a bit. But, first....
While visiting another blogger friend a couple of days ago, she had posted a new Halloween project she just finished. Perhaps there are others out there in blogland that love Halloween more than I? Guess so. Of course, when I find another who is enthusiastic with All Hallow's Eve, they're instant friends! LOL I haven't even had a thought of the day so far this year. I said so far. Not until I visited her blog's finished crafting. Was I ever inspired. Y'all can call me a copy cat. But I loved her's so much, I told Bud this is gonna be a necessity for the two of us. Yep...it'll call for his mechanical craftsmanship also. Poor guy. I can get him into all kinds of messes that way. LOL Of course, it's way too early to even begin to show you what I'm gonna do with this idea, it's all still in the mind's eye for now; thinking and planning, but someday in a month or two...it'll be all done. And I will have a show n tell of it; completed.

I mentioned that this weekend we are supposed to be 'drying' up some weatherwise. I got out early yesterday morning to enjoy the first rays of sun...a beautiful butterfly was doing the same. I watched it flit around a bit, and when it remained so close within our yard, I went and loaded the digital and caught it in flight. I added the photo on my Photo Blog...COLORS OF THE WIND yesterday. You can click on the link and the two photos I took, one of the elusive butterfly and the other of a fresh white hibiscus blossom. You'd think with all the hibiscus photos I take it's a favorite of mine. Well, roses are a favorite, but they're always suffering in the extreme heat and don't have the HUGE profusion of blossoms as they do in the Spring and Fall.

And speaking of butterflies. I remember a song from my teen-aged years that I loved. Remember going into a local diner with the selection box at the booths? And you flip through the song titles - on the side the number and letter? Puttin' in a coin, and pushing the corresponding letter and number. In a few seconds's time, you can watch the jukebox in the corner---in no time, the selected song begins to play. I selected H 6...





POSTED: Sunday, July 11th, 2010
1:00 A.M.



ADDED THIS MORNING AT 11:45 a.m.


Sunday Stealing: Meme Of Many Odd Questions, Part One
1. First thing you wash in the shower? My hair.

2. What color is your favorite hoodie? I only have one and it's powder pink.

3. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again? Ummmm, ya.

4. Do you plan outfits? I sure do.

5. How are you feeling RIGHT now? Hot...just came in from walking outdoors.

6. What's the closest thing to you that's red? Red pen in my pencil holder on my desk.

7. Tell me about the last dream you remember having? I was Indian [as from India] It still lingers in my mind as to what it really meant?!!!

8. Did you meet anybody new today? Just new waterfowl as I walked. Took pictures.

9. What are you craving right now? Heavily buttered popcorn.

10. Do you floss? Often.

11. What comes to mind when I say cabbage? Krautburgers [OR RUNZA]

12. Are you emotional? Well, I guess...but not highly emotional unless someone ticks me off.

13. Have you ever counted to 1,000? Not that I recall. I usually fall asleep after 98.

14. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it? Lick it....don't want brain freeze!

15. Do you like your hair? Yes.

16. Do you like yourself? Kinda sorta...need to lose about 10 pounds.

17. Would you go out to eat with George W. Bush? No. Not even if the check's 'on him'....All the money in the world wouldn't connect me in any way with 'his side', nor at the same table would I be seen with him. LOL

18. What are you listening to right now? Exodus by Ferrante & Teicher!!!

19. Are your parents strict? You'd have to ask WERE my parents strict? And I'd say my father...he was strict with the two of his girls.

20. Would you go sky diving? Perhaps.

21. Do you like cottage cheese? Yes, love it.

22. Have you ever met a celebrity? Yes....Kevin Costner, Cheech, René Russo, Don Johnson, Pam Dawber and Beau Bridges [and not all at the same time].

19 comments:

  1. It's been a long time since I heard that song. What a fun clip from you tube!
    Now I have to say I am really curious about what project you are going to work on. I don't think I can wait a few months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun to go back and remember these cute little mini-jukeboxes on a table. It reminds me of sliding across red vinyl seats in a cafe booth, already asking my dad for a nickel so I could find some cool Fats Domino song. Wonder if those are very easy to find anymore.
    I'm really anxious to know more about your Halloween project. I give my two grandchildren a Halloween party every year in Mexico. I'm always open to ideas.
    Have a great Sunday!
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Anni
    We finally received some of that rain on Friday. It had been 19 days without so we were happy to see it...Honey Bear said the rain gauge says we had 4 1/2 inches.
    Now you've made us curious about what you're up to...
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard that song even on the oldies channel I listen to in a very long time. I'm actually listening to it as I type this. Thanks for the memories, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard that. Good little song. I like the old record player. Can't wait to see what your project is. :) have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are still in the heat wave high in the 90th now, and I drink cold Hibiscus tea the whole day, it's very refreshing !

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a cool old radio! We have one place in my city still has some, Hutch's on the beach strip. Used to love that place as a kid, but its changed now. Thanks for helping me re-live a great old memory!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lot of celebs! That's great. The "I fall asleep after 98..." was a friggin' riot! Your tardiness may have to go on your PERMANENT record... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pass the popcorn chickie!
    Like I'd ever be invited to eat with the person responsible for oh so much...


    Have a great Sunday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/07/how-are-you-feeling-right-now/
    Join us for Monday Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  10. loved the music. i remember it well, is that good or bad? i'm not a cavewoman. i don't think i would considwe sky diving. you are braver than myself. have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been hot here in Maryland, but I don't mind. I prefer it to cold and snow. Been drinking Diet Coke and iced tea like they're being outlawed tomorrow, though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omigosh, I haven't heard that song in ages, what memories it brings back!! To this day I still love going to 50's style diners and playing the jukebox:-) There's this one place called "Johnny Angel's" near Niagara Falls that Steve & I go to every time we're down there and it's all done up in the 50's diner style. They have this gorgeous jukebox right when you come in...must remember to take a picture of it next time!!

    Love your picture of the butterfly, beautiful shot. I think butterflies are one of the hardest subjects to photograph, they just never seem to stay still long enough. lol

    I can't wait to see the Halloween project you're going to be working on. How dare you tease us with it and yet not tell us what it is? hehe

    Enjoyed your Sunday stealings! I don't like cottage cheese at all, I think because I ate so much of while being on diets back in my 30's, I literally got sick of it! lol Heavily buttered popcorn...you're my kinda gal:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Planning outfits is fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love love love the butterfly shot! Perfect.

    Come on up for a Runza! We eat there often. But I always get a salad!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, you met Kevin Costner. how was the experience. thanks for dropping by my site. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow you have me some A List Celebrities you lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wnet to check out your photography site... GREAT WORK!!!!

    ReplyDelete

.