While visiting another blogger friend a couple of days ago, she had posted a new Halloween project she just finished. Perhaps there are others out there in blogland that love Halloween more than I? Guess so. Of course, when I find another who is enthusiastic with All Hallow's Eve, they're instant friends! LOL I haven't even had a thought of the day so far this year. I said so far. Not until I visited her blog's finished crafting. Was I ever inspired. Y'all can call me a copy cat. But I loved her's so much, I told Bud this is gonna be a necessity for the two of us. Yep...it'll call for his mechanical craftsmanship also. Poor guy. I can get him into all kinds of messes that way. LOL Of course, it's way too early to even begin to show you what I'm gonna do with this idea, it's all still in the mind's eye for now; thinking and planning, but someday in a month or two...it'll be all done. And I will have a show n tell of it; completed.
I mentioned that this weekend we are supposed to be 'drying' up some weatherwise. I got out early yesterday morning to enjoy the first rays of sun...a beautiful butterfly was doing the same. I watched it flit around a bit, and when it remained so close within our yard, I went and loaded the digital and caught it in flight. I added the photo on my Photo Blog...COLORS OF THE WIND yesterday. You can click on the link and the two photos I took, one of the elusive butterfly and the other of a fresh white hibiscus blossom. You'd think with all the hibiscus photos I take it's a favorite of mine. Well, roses are a favorite, but they're always suffering in the extreme heat and don't have the HUGE profusion of blossoms as they do in the Spring and Fall.
And speaking of butterflies. I remember a song from my teen-aged years that I loved. Remember going into a local diner with the selection box at the booths? And you flip through the song titles - on the side the number and letter? Puttin' in a coin, and pushing the corresponding letter and number. In a few seconds's time, you can watch the jukebox in the corner---in no time, the selected song begins to play. I selected H 6...
POSTED: Sunday, July 11th, 2010
ADDED THIS MORNING AT 11:45 a.m.
Sunday Stealing: Meme Of Many Odd Questions, Part One
1. First thing you wash in the shower? My hair.
2. What color is your favorite hoodie? I only have one and it's powder pink.
3. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again? Ummmm, ya.
4. Do you plan outfits? I sure do.
5. How are you feeling RIGHT now? Hot...just came in from walking outdoors.
6. What's the closest thing to you that's red? Red pen in my pencil holder on my desk.
7. Tell me about the last dream you remember having? I was Indian [as from India] It still lingers in my mind as to what it really meant?!!!
8. Did you meet anybody new today? Just new waterfowl as I walked. Took pictures.
9. What are you craving right now? Heavily buttered popcorn.
10. Do you floss? Often.
11. What comes to mind when I say cabbage? Krautburgers [OR RUNZA]
12. Are you emotional? Well, I guess...but not highly emotional unless someone ticks me off.
13. Have you ever counted to 1,000? Not that I recall. I usually fall asleep after 98.
14. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it? Lick it....don't want brain freeze!
15. Do you like your hair? Yes.
16. Do you like yourself? Kinda sorta...need to lose about 10 pounds.
17. Would you go out to eat with George W. Bush? No. Not even if the check's 'on him'....All the money in the world wouldn't connect me in any way with 'his side', nor at the same table would I be seen with him. LOL
18. What are you listening to right now? Exodus by Ferrante & Teicher!!!
19. Are your parents strict? You'd have to ask WERE my parents strict? And I'd say my father...he was strict with the two of his girls.
20. Would you go sky diving? Perhaps.
21. Do you like cottage cheese? Yes, love it.
22. Have you ever met a celebrity? Yes....Kevin Costner, Cheech, René Russo, Don Johnson, Pam Dawber and Beau Bridges [and not all at the same time].