

click button to join
Wildflower
found
in grass
END of Macro Monday.
Below you'll find my Monday Morsels for the week.
If you're here to just view my macro shot you can
COMMENT HERE
- - -<><><>- - -
Monday Morsels for me is where I choose to voice a thought that drifts through my days at certain times---today, being so close to our National Holiday of Independence, I choose to rant on this subject...this is quite opinionated, and no doubt, viewed by some as offensive. I guess that's the true nature of blogging....
If you, as an American, choose to omit the two words Under God in your recital of the Pledge of Allegiance, are you less American than those who say the words? I don't think so! Just like if you and your betrothed choose to marry in a courtroom or by a judge....instead of through the church. In the "eyes of the Lord"....you're just as married either way!!! [Did you know that the traditional words spoken..."do you take thee....as your lawful wedded spouse" are NOT in the Bible, but in the Book of Common Prayer?!!]
Sorry, the marriage vows are not what this post is about.
There is always controversy on the American Pledge of Allegiance to our country. [click here - pledge of allegiance scroll down to Supreme Court 1947] We actually have, in schools, in courtrooms, in assemblies, before Congress...etc. etc. etc. recited the Allegiance. Yet, it's been quoted over and over so many times, the actual meaning has been lost to some. It's not about a nation 'under God'...but about a country and your loyalty to the country!! The controversy of course is the words "Under God". Now, in my own opinion, that is not necessarily something that needs debate. It's a personal preference to chose one way or the other. Those two words were NOT part of the original. For me, it's the ardor and dedication to the land on which we live!! Your God is forgiving...why can't the laymen be so forgiving also?!! In America there ARE different religious households...even atheist households. The pledge is dedicating ourselves to our country only. And don't get me wrong...it's the controversy...it's the controversy that I don't understand. It should be right in the way you choose to pledge...with the words, OR WITHOUT. We're pledging our bond, our obedience, our patriotism...to the land!! Just my thought. When we say the first line "I pledge allegiance to the flag"...it's "I promise my loyalty to the emblem; the symbol of freedom"
photos off my camera, taken of the flag flies day and night above the American Bank complex in downtown Corpus Christi and the wildflower was in our lawn.
- - -<><><>- - -
Now that I've riled some nerves, I'm sure...I'll add a little bit of humor mixed in....
- - -A visitor from Holland was chatting with his American friend and was jokingly explaining about the red, white and blue in the Netherlands flag. "Our flag symbolizes our taxes," the man said. "We get red when we talk about them, white when we get our tax bill, and blue after we pay them." "That’s the same with us," the American said, "only we see stars, too."
- - -Adam was returning home late one night. When Eve confronted him. "You are seeing another woman, aren't you?" she accused. "Don't be silly," he replied. "You are the only woman on earth."Later that night Adam woke up feeling a tickle on his chest. "What the hell are you doing?" he asked Eve. "What do you think?" she asked. "I am counting your ribs."
- - -<><><>- - -
ALSO: I updated a bit on Van der Sloot's murder charge in Peru yesterday. Link on the bottom of my sidebar
POSTED: Monday, June 21st, 2010
1:00 A.M.
If you, as an American, choose to omit the two words Under God in your recital of the Pledge of Allegiance, are you less American than those who say the words? I don't think so! Just like if you and your betrothed choose to marry in a courtroom or by a judge....instead of through the church. In the "eyes of the Lord"....you're just as married either way!!! [Did you know that the traditional words spoken..."do you take thee....as your lawful wedded spouse" are NOT in the Bible, but in the Book of Common Prayer?!!]Sorry, the marriage vows are not what this post is about.
There is always controversy on the American Pledge of Allegiance to our country. [click here - pledge of allegiance scroll down to Supreme Court 1947] We actually have, in schools, in courtrooms, in assemblies, before Congress...etc. etc. etc. recited the Allegiance. Yet, it's been quoted over and over so many times, the actual meaning has been lost to some. It's not about a nation 'under God'...but about a country and your loyalty to the country!! The controversy of course is the words "Under God". Now, in my own opinion, that is not necessarily something that needs debate. It's a personal preference to chose one way or the other. Those two words were NOT part of the original. For me, it's the ardor and dedication to the land on which we live!! Your God is forgiving...why can't the laymen be so forgiving also?!! In America there ARE different religious households...even atheist households. The pledge is dedicating ourselves to our country only. And don't get me wrong...it's the controversy...it's the controversy that I don't understand. It should be right in the way you choose to pledge...with the words, OR WITHOUT. We're pledging our bond, our obedience, our patriotism...to the land!! Just my thought. When we say the first line "I pledge allegiance to the flag"...it's "I promise my loyalty to the emblem; the symbol of freedom"
- Originally it was written in 1892 by a minister of God no less...the words were as follows: "I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." Simple, short and concise.
- In 1923: " I pledge allegiance to my flag of the United States, and to the Republic for which it stands...one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
- "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
photos off my camera, taken of the flag flies day and night above the American Bank complex in downtown Corpus Christi and the wildflower was in our lawn.
- - -<><><>- - -
Now that I've riled some nerves, I'm sure...I'll add a little bit of humor mixed in....
- - -A visitor from Holland was chatting with his American friend and was jokingly explaining about the red, white and blue in the Netherlands flag. "Our flag symbolizes our taxes," the man said. "We get red when we talk about them, white when we get our tax bill, and blue after we pay them." "That’s the same with us," the American said, "only we see stars, too."
- - -Adam was returning home late one night. When Eve confronted him. "You are seeing another woman, aren't you?" she accused. "Don't be silly," he replied. "You are the only woman on earth."Later that night Adam woke up feeling a tickle on his chest. "What the hell are you doing?" he asked Eve. "What do you think?" she asked. "I am counting your ribs."
- - -<><><>- - -
ALSO: I updated a bit on Van der Sloot's murder charge in Peru yesterday. Link on the bottom of my sidebar
POSTED: Monday, June 21st, 2010
1:00 A.M.
Great post.
ReplyDeleteThe flower is a real beauty, and your Monday Morsels an educational and enjoyable read.
ReplyDeleteLovely flower :)
ReplyDeleteHappy MM!
http://foto.rudenius.se/post/2010/06/21/Macro-Monday-e28093-Walking-around.aspx
What is the flower? Looks like what's growing out of the hostas DC just planted.
ReplyDeleteLove the tax humor. And of course Eve counting Adam's ribs - good chuckle for the early morning here in Colorado.
Have a great day - stay cool! Yesterday was perfect for me - about 80. Love it.
PS - I admire you for taking a walk in the heat and humidity - I couldn't do it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful flower !!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove that shot, nothing disturbing the image in the background, just a beautiful green backdrop.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful...I actually captured one similar to this yesterday :) Thanks for visiting my macro shot. Peace, love and blessings to you.
ReplyDeleteIt is a wild flower that is new to me - very delicate and well captured!
ReplyDeleteI know - the polyester thing was so dumb! I don't know what in the world I was thinking! But I looked good! ;0)
ReplyDeleteI am so excited about your irises! Ours are all done. I can't believe you're getting some now in the midst of the heat. That's wonderful. I can't wait to see the pictures!
Lovely macro!
ReplyDeletehttp://fredamans.blogspot.com/2010/06/macro_21.html
I couldn't agree more. Very well said. The most unChristian people I know consider themselves Christian. Go figure.
ReplyDeleteSo delicate!
ReplyDeleteLovin' Macro Mondays,
Cameo @-->-->---
Dawn I don't know what the flower is...it's blossoming from some type of grass...the stem with the flower is coming right out of blades of grass.
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet little wildflower - great compostition.
ReplyDeleteLovely wildflower capture!
ReplyDeleteYou and I think the exact same way where that subject is concerned. As you say, America is known for its freedom of religion, to be able to believe in whichever God you want to believe in and they should not be made to add those two words when they say the Pledge of Allegiance. It has nothing at all to do with what the pledge is about!!!! Here in Canada they are trying to change some words to our National Anthem and a lot of people are up in arms about it...I say leave it as it was written in the first place!!
ReplyDeleteLove the macro shot of that wildflower! xoxo
Hahahaha oh my gush Anni, your joke almost fell me off the chair!! That is funny!! And I am going to share this to my husband right away before I forgot it. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteMacro Monday~The rose
Not knowing the proper name never makes me appreciate the beauty less.
ReplyDeleteI love the spider friend making his home in your flowers. :)
ReplyDeleteInteresting flower. Looks a little like a wild onion blossom. We used to have them all over San Antonio when I was growing up there.
ReplyDeleteAnd, by the way, I think what you say about the Pledge makes a lot of sense. Freedom is definitely what America is all about, no matter what your religion or lack thereof. You said it perfectly!
Have a great day!
Joy @ Joysweb
excellent DOF.
ReplyDeleteIs it that time of the year again? Fourth of July coming up soon!
ReplyDelete