my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



...like two ships that pass in the night



Click either button to Join







During any given day of any given week of any given month or year, the Ship's Channel in the Port of Corpus Christi can be busy. Here in this photo that I took from North Shore [now called Corpus Christi Bay] is a vast foreign sailing ship...from Columbia, arriving in our city. There can at times, and at the particular moment, be a massive amount of smaller craft from locals going out to greet the visitors and welcoming them to America. Since the huge, wide Ship's Channel is so large, it can accommodate ships passing in the dark or light of day by markers and tug boats ----the large foreign oil tanker is leaving the Port, empty [you can tell it's empty because of the height of the hull out of the water].












Over the upcoming holiday weekend here in America, there will be a special event at Corpus Christi/Ingleside Naval base. In the Corpus Christi Bay area. Scheduled are four sailing ship arrivals to celebrate the bi-centennial of Latin America and the day of U S A's independence...the fourth of July. The event, Sail South Texas, will be from July 1st with the ships' arrival....going through July 5th with their departure. All four ships will be the BARQUE type...one admitted to be 2nd longest and tallest sailing ship in the world. If Bud and I can remember to drive up there to the Naval Base I will more than likely take tons of photos. LOL











ADDENDUM: 5:00 A.M. Also, early this morning, at 6 A.M. the National Seashore on Padre Island...the National Parks facility, will be releasing the first bunch of Sea Turtle Hatchlings for the season, 2010! Bud and I are going to witness this...photos hopefully, will be coming to a blog near you!! If you'd like to read more on the event, check out the sea turtle on my sidebar.


POSTED: Wednesday, June 16th, 2010
12:45 A.M.


21 comments :

  1. WOW..what a beautiful photo...
    Anni, you are truly my inspiration...
    every time, I think I am doing too many memes,
    you inspired me...
    YOU ROCK MY WORLD!
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  2. will look forward to see the photos if you make this trip. have a good day rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful sailing ship! I'm looking forward to seeing more - and turtles too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to see the release of sea turtles. Exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love watching ships! You have some major fun coming up, don't you?

    WW: The Games We Play

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome on the sea turtles! I hope you are never going to see the effects of the oil spill your way. That's tragic in so many ways.

    Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exciting things ahead in your area! I hope you can remember! That gave me a chuckle.

    In Nicholas Sparks' latest book, the hatching of the sea turtles was a big part of the story - never knew this phenomenon before, so even fiction stories can be educational!

    Have a wonderful day - I'm celebrating today on my blog! Unfortunately, no big giveaways, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun to see the sailing ships...it is always such an event when masted ships come into San Francisco Bay.

    How exciting to share in the bid farewell to the sea turtles as they make their way into the sea. Good reason to have a party!


    At 65, I've done it! My poetry book - Life's Journey by Carmen Henesy - is out on Amazon!
    ( Poems about the things that have been important to me in my journey through life, some humorous, some sad, some that may have meaning to you as well )
    http://www.amazon.com/Lifes-Journey-1-Carmen-Henesy/dp/1451547366/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274652997&sr=1-1

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so love sailing ships and always call them "pirate" ships:-) You got a wonderful shot of that one!! At the end of this month, on the shores of Lake Ontario, in Toronto, they are having their Waterfront Festival which will include Tall Ships from all over the world coming in. Steve & I are hoping to go:-)

    How awesome that you will be watching the release of Sea Turtle hatchlings, can't wait to see the pictures!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. You take such beautiful photos, I can not wait to see more.
    have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to see the Sea Turtle pix!

    Does Corpus Christi publish the shipping news in the daily paper? (I can't remember). I really love it when we stay somewhere on the Coast where they let you know daily what's happening in the harbors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome shot!

    http://fredamans.blogspot.com/2010/06/wordless_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool shot and it looks like a busy harbor. Thanks also fo the info.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I lived in "Corpus" for about a year and fell in love with it! I used to go sit on the "sea wall steps" and watch the world go by.. beautiful area!

    Sandy
    http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful photo and story behind it. Really interesting! I hope I don't miss the photo of the second to largest sailing ship when you post it.
    Hugs, Cindy S

    ReplyDelete
  17. My girl friend went on her cruise with her friend's company who went as a group. Her youngest is only 11, and she left her under her husband's care.

    Someone got sick and the ship was delayed. You can imagine her husband wasn't very pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything is bigger in Texas! My Nebraska cousins say that too. :)
    ..

    ReplyDelete

.