my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




It's theiving time again...and a few flicks added to the burner


Click button to Join

The Question Meme

01) Are you currently in a serious relationship? Well, my current 'relationship' with Bud has lasted over 41 years [42 this month!] ---and my relationship with life even longer. So ya, I'd say it's serious.

02) What was your dream growing up? Can't remember, but I do remember many-a-times waking up screaming!! Oh and one time I woke up in mid air jumping over to the other side of the bed...getting away from white worms!!! LOL...in all seriousness, the only 'dream of growing up' for me was getting married and having two kids of my own.

03) What talent do you wish you had? A concert pianist. A well-known artist.

04) If I bought you a drink what would it be? Diet Sprite...or in a bar, the drink would be a Vodka Gimlet, please.

05) Favorite vegetable? PoTAYto or do you say poTAHto.

06) What was the last book you read? I've so lost touch with my books here of late....I'm still reading We The Living. I've been too tired after the televised baseball games and from the day's work out in the yard, I'm too pooped to read but a page or two before I begin to doze off.

07) What zodiac sign are you? Aquarius. Let me remind you, you who have other zodiacal signs....you can't LIVE without ME!!! [water]

08) Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? Explain where. Yep, both. My own designed tattoo on my ankle and double piercing in each ear.

09) Worst Habit? Buying things I don't need!! Like trinkets and such. So often, a habit becomes an addiction y'know.

10) If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a ride? Have you seen the movie, "Hitcher"? I don't think I would...to anyone.

11) What is your favorite sport? Ummmmm BASEBALL...with Football and Hockey a close 2nd.

12) Do you have a Pessimistic or Optimistic attitude? I could say I'm OPTIMISTIC most times with a little sprinkle of pessimism mixed in for flavor.

13) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me? Ha...you'd better pray I didn't have a bean burrito beforehand.

14) Worst thing to ever happen to you? Nothing that I know of...can't remember 'bad' things. Why dwell on the negative. See? I'm just filled with optimism.

15) Tell me one weird fact about you. I can spread my toes like a monkey and pick up things with my feet. I personally don't think that's 'weird'...but Bud does.

16) Do you have any pets? Two...both cats.

17) What if I showed up at your house unexpectedly? So, what IF you showed up?!! What would YOU expect, unexpectedly?

18) What was your first impression of me? Dunno....'cause I wouldn't know you from apple butter.

19) Do you think clowns are cute or scary? Cute....and some scary, but I like scary too.

20) If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be? Be my weight when I was single! BEFORE kids.

21) Would you be my crime partner or my conscience? Conscience. Wait...how well does this crime of yours pay me What's my take in the venture?

22) What color eyes do you have? Blue

23) Ever been arrested? No, close once <-- [link see #12 there]...but I opted to pay the huge fine instead.

24) Bottle or can soda? Can

25) If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it? Put it in the bank, and don't tell anyone about it...

26) What's your favorite place to hang out at? Book stores, Beach, Restaurants, Movie theaters.

27) Do you believe in ghosts? I don't 'believe' per sé....Except on October 31st

28) Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Crochet, draw, paint, play card games, watch baseball during the season.

29) Do you swear a lot? I'm not a prude, BUT I don't like it either.

30) Biggest pet peeve? Texas drivers!!!

31) In one word, how would you describe yourself? SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPEALIDOCIOUS

32) Do you believe/appreciate romance? Depends...in life, yes...in fiction...NO!

33) Favorite and least favorite food? Pepperoni Pizza - okra --> in that order.

34) Do you believe in God? See my profile quote.

35) Will you join us this week for Wednesday Wickedness? (Bud has on a mission to make this Wednesday's most popular meme. Please play this week so I can stop promoting it.) This is the first I've even heard of it.



- - -<><><>- - -



I made a side trip yesterday before I stopped at the grocery store, a side trip to Blockbuster video. I try and go there once a month to check out the pre-previewed movies they SELL that are 5 for $20 or on another table, the most recently released movies on DVD...2 for $20. To my way of thinking this is a better deal than going to the theater any more. What with the exorbitant prices they charge for a two hour movie! And this way, if Bud and I like the movie, we keep it for our collection - or, if we don't care for the show, we know of a place that will allow us to trade it in and get half our money back. So, I find these four yesterday. They were on the two for twenty table. One, I've been waiting for it to be on their table..."9". Yep, another Tim Burton movie. LOL The other three, well, I knew Bud would like one...Law Abiding Citizen. Of course, in my way of thinking, you can't go wrong with a movie starring Gerard Butler. LOL I ended up purchasing "9", Law Abiding Citizen, The Blind Side and Amelia [about Amelia Earhart]. I think we'll probably keep at least the first three forever. Dunno about Amelia.



POSTED: Sunday, May 2nd, 2010
4:45 A.M.


28 comments :

  1. Great deal on the movies. They sound like good ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even think we have any Blockbusters here any more. Good deal. My mom could do that with her toes too.

    http://harrietandfriends.blogspot.com/2010/05/entrecard-malware-was-that-what-it-was.html

    Hope to see you at Monday Mayhem :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahah on the burrito/elevator comment! And I'm a cats and hockey fan too! :)

    Thanks for stopping by Snarkypants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Q & A meme, but WOW! 35 questions! Somebody really has an enquiring mind!.. I hope you'll say how you liked The Blind Side! I want to see that one too, hopefully sometime soon! STILL want to see Avatar too! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. your own designed tatoo huh! super! i'll bet its gorgeous too!

    and i agree... you are supercali......

    and you had me lmao with the elevator response!!!! now... silent but deadly, or loud and a killer???? lol

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stef Silent of course...I'm not without a bit of refined upbringing. :::snort:::

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Answers! c",) Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wish I could find a deal like that. I've seen Amelia. I like Richard Gere. Don't know that I'd want to own it. The movie, I mean. I saw The Blind Side at a Theater. It is supposed to be set in Memphis but I didn't recognize any landmarks except the school, maybe.
    I think I might do this question Meme.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen both The Blind Side and Law Abiding Citizen, both are quite good.

    I love your funny and interesting answers for Sunday Stealing:) Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't seen The Blind Side yet (I believe I may be the only one left!) but I did see Amelia and I was pretty lukewarm about it, too. Too bad, because she was such a fascinating woman.

    ReplyDelete
  12. #15 really? wow now that is an art and I dont think weird at all :D


    #32 I am impressed hunz :D

    wonderful to read you always!

    p.s. check my day book too if you can
    http://americanising-desi.blogspot.com/2010/05/end-of-april.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. #30- I'm a Texas driver lol!!!! I hate Michigan drivers...talk about rude and stupid hehee.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved your answers to the questions posed to you. You are quick witted, Anni. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post! I have to remember to stop by for, 'Wednesday Wickedness' that sounds interesting. I love buying on sale!

    Gerardine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anni, love your answers to the meme...remind me never to be in a lift with you, lol!

    I was arrested once...and spent the night in the local lock up...it was during the early 70s. I was an idealistic and avid protestor!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bud I know, I know, it may sound QUITE atrocious! roflmao

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for visiting me! And I love you answers... and your movie choices!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ha, funny answers!

    I was a little worried about Sandra Bullock blonde and with a Southern accent, but I thought the movie was fantastic! Great deals, I may have to stop by my local Blockbuster soon!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have monkey toes, too, and I don't think it's weird at all.

    Read your profile and I am JEALOUS...living right on the water. That's my dream.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved your responses to so many of these (esp. #7) - only wish we could get together on your beach and drink a few vodka gimlets or martinis before sharing a couple of pepperoni pizzas (hold the okra).

    ReplyDelete
  22. First off, thank you for swingin' by dirty old blog to say hello.

    Your burrito comment made me laugh out loud. :)

    And I agree with movie theater prices being utterly outrageous...yet I still go every week. My best friend and I have been going every week for over two years now. We go to the last show on Sunday nights...it's our reprieve from our kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anni, Enjoyed the answers to the meme. I'm going to look up the movie "Amelia." It looks interesting. Jordan and I watched a couple of movies while Dwight and Brandon were at the Blue Jays game on Saturday..."Avatar" which I didn't get to see completely and "The Princess and the Frog" a Disney film. We enjoyed them.

    Missing your emails.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey I love the toes thing. My Hubby and daughter think I am weird because I can do that too and their darn Fred Flinstone feet won't let them do it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  25. sounds like a good long time to be together congratulations I made it 23 this past January

    ReplyDelete
  26. You had me at the burrito-elevator part!*lol*

    ReplyDelete
  27. We the Living...the Ayn Rand book? read it years ago...liked it.

    Wolf Hall...ends to soon! 'should have ended with Henry VIII getting piss off (probably with the help of his enemies) and having his head lopped off...Henry did like that kind of thing. Best read if have knowledge of the primary characters of the time...or having wikipedia open on your lap top so you know who's who. The portrait of him is probably more favorable than depicted other places. I like it!

    ReplyDelete

.