my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Is it as good for you as it is for me?....


click either button to join

AND


[linked each week below]



6 WORD SATURDAY

Soon Sea Turtle Hatchlings'll be Released

This Link supplies information. I've always wanted to go witness this, I bet it's phenomenal. For some reason or other, we've never attended one of many releases during the summer months. I sure hope to go this year!!! I just recently read a news segment online that is disheartening tho.



- - -<><><>- - -


CAMERA CRITTERS





Under my tiny wisteria a little straw-hatted turtle statue [he's pushing a wheeled cart] stands vigil while helping me with the gardening.







- - -<><><>- - -



WEEKEND FUNNIES
click here to join this week's laughter




Three turtles, Troy, Andy and Wayne, decide to go on a picnic.

Troy packs the picnic basket with beer and sandwiches. The trouble is that the picnic site is ten miles away so it takes them ten days to get there.

When they get there, Troy unpacks the food and beer.

"Ok Wayne give me the bottle opener"

"I didn't bring it" says Wayne

"I thought you packed it"

Troy gets worried, He turns to Andy, "Did you bring the bottle opener?"

Naturally Andy didn't bring it. So they're stuck ten miles from home without a bottle opener. Troy and Andy beg Wayne to go back for it. But he refuses as he says they will eat all the sandwiches. After two hours, and after they have sworn on their turtle lives that they will not eat the sandwiches, he finally agrees.

So Wayne sets off down the road at a steady pace.

20 days pass and he still isn't back and Troy and Andy are starving, but a promise is a promise.

Another 5 days and he still isn't back, but a promise is a promise.

Finally they can't take it any longer so they take out a sandwich each, and just as they are about to eat them, Wayne pops up from behind a rock and shouts, "I knew it! ... I'm not going!"


- - -





* see note below










- - -

An elephant was drinking out of a river one day, when he spotted a turtle asleep on a log. So, he ambled on over and kicked it clear across the river.

"What did you do that for?" Asked a passing giraffe.

"Because I recognized it as the same turtle that took a nip out of my trunk 53 years ago."

"Wow, what a memory" commented the giraffe.

"Yes," said the elephant, "turtle recall".



* NOTE TURTLE COMIC STRIP USED WITH PERMISSION according to this written agreement . In part:
    Use by a private individual, not for commercial gain, at one URL for a period of up to 1 year, where that URL is part of a blog, a personal page on a social networking website or a posting on a web forum. A blog is defined as a regularly updated weblog, updated at least weekly and presented in a "diary" format sorted by date. It may be hosted on the user's own web server, or through a third party blogging service such as Blogger.com.
    CREDIT REQUIRED: YES
    LICENSE FEE: XXXX [NONE]

    Copyright in this image is owned by the original artist, rights to reproduce or use the image may be obtained from www.CartoonStock.com.








POSTED: Saturday, May 1st, 2010
12:30 A.M.



HAPPY MAY DAY!!



28 comments :

  1. You are too funny, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take the fifth I was here to thank you for dropping by anyway thanks anni

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRAVO! EXCELLENT!
    I LOVE THEM!LOVE YOU!
    Have a GREAT WEEKEND!
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  4. I turtally enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. roflol your are so funny, hope this experience is a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sad about the turtles. I love your funnies. Have a great 6WS.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on seeing the hatchlings...that would be so very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the turtle funnies! I think it's in the newest Nicholas Sparks book, which was made into a movie with Miley Cyrus (not my first choice, but his I guess) the turtles hatching on the beach was a big part of the plot. Loved the book, wouldn't go to the movie on a bet - it's a shame when stuff you know about the celebs makes you not want to see their movies. I need to quit reading the "stuff."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops - I forgot. We're anxious to see if our new iris plantings will bloom this year.

    And I thought "did" was appropriate in your comment, since you said "I did" and I thought you meant "I did miss seeing it" - make sense?? Only to us, if it does!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely six words! I would be so happy being a part of baby turtles making The Trek, too. (I couldn't bear to read the poor turtle story, though. Somehow, sad turtle stories are the hardest to take, when it comes reports about all things great and small that much of the world thinks it's okay to disrespect. And we dare to call ourselves "human." Shame on us.)

    Love your straw-hatted garden buddy-- what a treat to be greeted by him each morning! Name, please?

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha, that first turtle joke was perfect! :)
    Happy SWS! And have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anni
    this is soooo true. I get to see it whether I want to or not even if I pay money (to not see it.

    great 55 to get the juices flowing
    thanks for your visit as well

    Loved your iris btw

    love from Moondustwriter

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww....baby turtles!!!! I sure love turtles....aw heck, I love all animals!

    Happy SWS!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have made my day. What a Hoot...Hootin Annie. Love your headers. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the new look, Anni. And thanks for the laugh.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  16. Does sound fun! Happy 6WS!
    suchakingdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Anni.
    I've heard about the sea turtles. Enjoyed your funnies :)

    Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. cute weekend funnies,
    Happy May!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's turtle day, lol ! I love the "how was it for you" hahaha !

    ReplyDelete
  20. How nice to have a turtle to talk to while gardening, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your little turtle is adorable, and I literally laughed out loud when I read about Troy, Andy and Wayne. Then I had to read it to my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  22. No back talk from that helper:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. lovely,and the hat lo0ls better in there!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute stores stories, Anni! Love the turtle!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your little turtle-garden-helper! :-D So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very cute! I did a post about My Muskoka beavers!

    ReplyDelete
  27. http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/05/09/sunday-special-awards-for-remarkable-memes-and-participants/

    Meme participation award
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

.