my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




...the games people play


Click button to Join
Cheers to all of us thieves!

Sunday Stealing: The Just Because Meme

1. Make a list of 5 things you can see without getting up. Outside my window, the monitor, the cat, the desk, my toes.

2. How do you style your hair? How often do you cut it? Short, pageboy kinda...I have it cut once a month in the humidity...it grows fast...which I'll go have done sometime this coming week!!!

3. What are you wearing now? Purple jogging shorts and hot pink tank top.

4. What's your occupation? Do you like it? Retired. Love it. I even loved the job I had before I retired also.

5. When was the last time that you took a nap? Was there a special reason? The last time I took a LONG nap during the day was when I was sick with winter flu.

6. Who was the last person you hugged romantically? Bud [my dear husband], of course!

8. What was the last full meal that you ate? Homemade burritos with homemade flour tortillas with Spanish rice and tossed salad.

9. What was the last email that you received? From Erik this morning regarding some cruise tour packages he's contemplating.

10. What one website do you always visit when you go online? The ones I use the most are Google and Yahoo News. About equally.

11. What was the last significant thing you bought? Clothes. Hey, that's significant as it gets around here...other than groceries.

12. What musical artist did you not get at first, but then became a fan? PRINCE!!! I do love the man now!

13. What do you think about before you go to bed last night? Sunday Brunch...where we'd go. Exciting life I lead, huh? LOL

14. What was the last CD you bought? Rod Stewart's and Pavarotti at the same time.

15. What is your favorite weather, and why? What's the weather like today? A warm Spring day...with cloudless skies and mild temps...then, a Spring Rain...with dark, heavy clouds and thunder! And as for the weather today, it's way to early to tell actually...still dark, but trust me, it'll be HOT

16. If you could have a special artistic talent, what would it be? Concert pianist.

17. Did you watch the Idol 9 finale? If yes, what are your thoughts? Ewwwwwww....don't watch it...NEVER will!!!

18. What's something you'd like to say to someone right now? "Good Morning! How did you sleep?"

19. Any special plans for this (holiday in the States) weekend? Stay home and watch baseball, the highways are dangerous this time of year...more so than any given normal weekday that is.

20. Besides your current S/O, who was the last person that you loved romantically? I've written about him oftentimes KIA in Viet Nam...many many moons ago.


- - -<><><>- - -



So Saturday afternoon was blistering hot outdoors. A Whopping 97 degrees by mid afternoon. Too hot to be in that inferno, too crowded downtown and on the beach because of the holiday weekend...so we stayed home and quickly became bored. Bud read most of the morning while I worked on my blog and chatted online with Erik, our son. He's trying to figure out a vacation package overseas for himself...and sending me links of some of his choices. I, being a mom thinking of only herself, kept trying to get him interested in an African Safari. Didn't work. I think he knew I'd suggest that I go with him if he decided on that. roflmao

Well, being utterly disinterested in reading my book, I convinced Bud to play the best two out of three Trivial Pursuit games. It was neck and neck by the end of the 2nd game, and much later, I won the 3rd game. Ticked Bud off; he prides himself in the generalization of trivia.

But since then, I read that the actors, Dennis Hopper had died from a long battle of prostate cancer, and Gary Coleman died shortly after being admitted to the hospital suffering from a brain hemorrhage . Which got us talking. It turned to Oscars. From there it boiled down to who won the most Oscars. I said Edith Head. My goodness...I've watched all the televised Academy Award shows...and it seems that my memory came up with Edith Head and her Costume Design. She was bound to be the one. Right? I convinced Bud I was right!!! Wrong. It was none other than Walt Disney! Out of 59 nominations, the man won twenty-six; while Edith Head was nominated 34 times and only won eight. And, I was so sure of myself. Well...that redeemed my ranking with Bud tho. He now realizes that he perhaps can still regain his Trivia Crown again someday soon.



Do any of you, dear followers, get into these little ditties with your spouse, friends, children, co-workers? Then, have to do some Googling?


Here is the History Question of which I won the final match: What television network did the U S Troops, during the Gulf War, dub "Scud-a-vision"?

It was simple...CNN




POSTED: Sunday, May 30th, 2010
4:40 A.M.




31 comments :

  1. Sometimes, yes, I have to google..

    Thank you for sharing!
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you bought Rod Stewart and Pavarotti at the same time. Now that's eclectic!
    After reading that you made burritos, I'm thinking I need to make them again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa? Did you even READ my post, or are you just here for leaving a link to your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anni has been rearranging things around here.
    97 degrees!? I'd be getting lots of hair cuts too babe.

    Have a great Sunday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/05/its-all-the-email-rage/
    Join us for Monday Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing....love your blog title/name!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anni! I love the purple-pink get up, they're my colors too :D I love the rain too, we could probably sip cocoa together watching the falling rain. Have a nice Memorial (day) weekend.


    My Miscellany

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anni! Short hair is so much better when it's hot and humid. I had it shoulder length a few years ago and just about died from the heat. So I'm back to short hair again, and I'm loving it. Thanks for dropping by and have a wonderful weekend and a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, thanks for leaving a comment in my blog, lol I also dont watch american idol and I dont know why.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are the purple shorts your secret tribute to Prince? Thanks for visiting my Stealing, and btw, I would have answered Edith Head, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS Lisa left that very same "comment" & link on my blog and I was so annoyed I deleted it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your answer to #1 was similar to mine!
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like Prince also.

    And Google is my friend :)

    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Gal Herself I was hoping someone would notice the comment I left in my own blog. I see now she's leaving the link to HER blog and not commenting to ALL the players. That's just not right. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by by the way! :) It's interesting to view snippets of people's lives! And no.8 sounds like my dinner decided for tomorrow! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahh yes, the weekend baseball games. Good alternative to being on the dangerous roads. Thanks for visiting my Sunday Stealing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Memorial Day week-end! In our town, just about five minutes from our home, we have approx. 70 hot air balloons that go up every year on this week-end. We sit in the steet(closed off) with neighbors. So fun!
    Loved that you and Bud play TP!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think it's awesome that you can see out your window! Well, more that you commented about being able to see out the window! Clothes are certainly significant! And I totally agree with you on American Idol! Blegh! =]

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm not a fan of American Idol, either. Haven't watched it, and don't plan to.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely post - I feel like I'm there. Did you know Art Linkletter also died. There's the three, as it always seems to be.

    ReplyDelete
  21. We had temps in the 90's earlier this week and I'm telling ya, there's no way I could ever get used to that! lol Thank goodness for air conditioning in the house!!!! Now it's in the 70's which is much more pleasant:-)

    I've never watched American Idol either, not even Canadian Idol. Just not something that interests me. The only show I'm hooked on lately is Ghost Hunters:-)

    Ah yes, Trivial Pursuit. I swear they made that game just to show how little I know! lol I'm not bad at the Entertainment questions but all the others, oh boy!! Good for you for winning the tie breaking game! hehe Yup, quite often have had to Google something just to find out who was right! lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Edith Head created the most beautiful costumes! No one comes near! Hugs L

    ReplyDelete
  23. Purple jogging pants and a hot pink tank top...awesome!!! Pink and purple are my 2 fave colors :)

    Thanks for stopping by my stealing today! My current blog is fairly new, I just started it last month. But, I've been blogging/live journaling since 2001. Right now, I do a lot of memes but I try to do a post whenever I feel I have enough to write about. I hope you'll stop by often :o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another wanna be pianist!! Hope you are enjoying your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Homemade burritos sound good right about now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Prince is good. I got a kick out of Pavarotti & Rod... Happy MDW!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Homemade burritos! When are you coming to visit me??

    Have a great Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Where would we be without Google? I can barely remember life without it! Have a great week and thanks for visiting Anni :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dr House is my secret hubby..shh..no one knows! not even Hugh Laurie! haha! I try never to miss it,even the re-runs. =)
    Oh gosh sometimes I wish us ladies could get by with buzz haircuts lol. Mine frizzes so bad in the humidity,I look like a lion! I gripe about it at times,but for the most part,I feel blessed.I'd share it with you if I could though!
    Try and stay cool..I know the heat is on its way here.

    ReplyDelete

.