my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




...If I could talk to the animals





PART VI OF Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History

[the conclusion of a week-long tour]


Y'just can't have a trip to a Science museum without exhibits of animals. Stuffed, dioramas, skeletal remains, fossils and what have you. So for Camera Critters it's all about the animals....

The first photo is of the 'world's largest crustacean'. A Japanese Spider Crab. The female is the smaller of the two. The info card by the display said the arm-spand length on the male can be as long as some 3.7 meters [12 feet]




- - -



Around Texas, even in neighborhood back yards within the city limits you could possibly have this for a visitor! And they ARE cute...I even read they eat unwanted guests like ants and termites and cockroaches. So...the eco-system works for me. An opossum.


- - -



The Whooping Crane. There is a special reserve in Texas between here and Galveston Texas that the cranes migrate to in the winter from our neighbors to the North; Canada. The state of Texas keeps tabs on the new births each year and saves the statistics in order to maybe help keep them from extinction.


- - -



The infamous Armadillo.
They always remind me of
the 'roly-poly' insects found
under rocks in the yard...


- - -

Not to mention the science of paleontology...
fossils and skeletons


Fossilized dinosaur bones!




Snake and Spider Monkey Skeletal displays



Lastly, to conclude the museum tour for the week, the buffalo still ROAM...




I DO HOPE AND SEND WISHES TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE OBSERVING THE LONG HOLIDAY WEEKEND HERE IN AMERICA....be safe, enjoy and have a hot dog for me!!! Happy Memorial Day!!!



This week's previous Museum Tour links:

PART I
PART II
PART III
PART IV
PART V




POSTED: Saturday, May 29th, 2010
12:14 A.M.

28 comments :

  1. Wow! Those are some fabulous shots...so glad those spiders aren't alive! I would love to see a live armadillo...like a walking suit of armor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome collection, though am glad the spiders were behind glass! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl Those are spider CRABS. Creepy looking, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful collection of critters and full of good information, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great series of critters, thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous tour round the museum. I didn't care much for the spider crabs (shudder) but the rest of the exhibits are wonderful. Love the buffalo ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! those are cool collection of critters. I always love going to museum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, the photos definitely are museum quality! You did a super job on all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for the pics have a good mem. day. rose

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a relaxing special weekend

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am always surprised by your wonderful blog layouts, Anni... and always delighted to see your beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I nearly yelped when I saw those crabs! lol the rest of the shots I really enjoyed though, what a fascinating place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like musuems but living in a small town we have nothing like this here.
    Thanks for sharing and the coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a great place to visit, good photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great shots, very informative too.
    I have never seen some of them ever.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Honestly Anni, I have not seen a possum... And I just came from the LA Museum of Natural History today.

    I do not eat hot dog but maybe I can share soen BBQ pork ribs!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I meant, some....

    ReplyDelete
  19. I meant, some....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cool museum critters! I would love to see the whooping crane and an armadillo for real.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful photos. My first time to see Spider Crabs. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is a truly great post, thank you for the knowledge and the pictures are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Omigosh, those spider crabs would give me nightmares, they sure do resemble giant spiders!! Ick! Isn't it wonderful to be able to see all kinds of animals up close without worrying that they'll bite you or run away? lol Paleontology is the part that has always fascinated me, I think if I was to start all over again I would become a paleontologist and/or archeologist:-) Shawn actually wanted to become an archeologist but then at the last minute decided to take computer courses...go figure! lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very cool! We never did go there when we lived there, looks like we missed out! Thanx for sharing your trip! Great shots too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. A very interesting series, and extremely well photographed.

    ReplyDelete
  26. the first two are creepy creepy. made me shiver lol

    Tina from
    Mummy Diaries
    Gossip Avenue
    Travel Shack
    Game FreakZ

    ReplyDelete

.