my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



A brush stroke here, a chisel there...here a piece of art work......


click either button to join


SIX WORDS

GIMME A MUSEUM; I'LL FILL IT
~Pablo Picasso*

- - -<><><>- - -

CAMERA CRITTERS



---The Institute for the Arts has had a wonderful national exhibit on display for the last month or so, and Bud and I finally got a chance to stop by and view all the wonderful works! The exhibit presently is entitled: "Wild At Heart". All done by hundreds of artists from all over the world and from different decades...on loan to share the talents and beauty for our own pleasure and enjoyment. A super array of wildlife in oil, acrylics, bronze, pewter and more.




I did get 'caught' by the security while taking photos with my cellphone and was told that it's against the rules. I'm thinking "So what are you gonna do, kick a paying patron out for admiring such fabulous work? I could understand it if the phone had a flash --that would ruin the paintings...but my goodness, I'm doing no harm." Instead, I apologized and put the phone back in my pocket. Before he reprimanded me tho, I got some wild and wonderful photos of less than1/10 of the exhibit. That's somethin' ---





[all images shown are now pixelated and texted over to stave off any intellectual copying and to prevent files from being copied-and-pasted (exported or downloaded) in its full context from the site in any inappropriate manner for other than the public use --if you wish to see these without distorted pixelations and added text, I'd suggest visiting in person the museum. ]


- - -

*The exact Picasso Quote: 'Give me a museum and I'll fill it.'
Spanish Artist and Painter. 1881-1973










POSTED: Saturday, March 13th, 2010
12: 55 a.m.




DON'T FORGET...Tomorrow, Daylight Savings Time Begins.
Spring Forward One Hour...
UGH!!!!





44 comments :

  1. That's funny, but well at least before you were caught u took most of the photos. Great job.

    Ms. Anni can we exlink pls? many times browsing your blogs, better if your on my bloglist. Thanks

    Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Picasso really say those words? (My Six-Word Reply!)


    My Six Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos of the critters and sculptures. Looks like a great exhibit to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All wonderful posts - been busy and missed commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~sneaky little one are you...as i first started reading...i thought "you are not allowed to take photos...maybe your museum had different rules" well i guess thats not the case now is it...wonderful photos...brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I once saw a security guy at a church in London make a woman delete every picture she had taken....after warning her twice. Glad you got to keep yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. naughty girl, heee hee heee. you stole some beautiful images there....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Must have been a very beautiful exposition and intereting too !
    You change time already ? In Europe it is always the last weekend in March.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you were able to get a few pictures - it's great art! I wonder what their reasoning is for not allowing pictures to be taken?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed it! :)

    Happy 6WS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly compelling sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I could see those paintings in person.
    Happy SWS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anni: Quite beautiful when the critters are captured on canvas or in carvings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I there Anni!

    I played 6 words too. :)

    Love yours.

    Here is mine, if you'd like to come and look! Thanks!

    Sassy
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What lovely artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I fill a room with sound.

    Cheers!
    JzB

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the quote. You did get some nice pics of the display. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is wonderful!! Thanks for sharing these photos. Silly how they don't allow picture taking.

    I'm actually looking forward to changing the clocks. Sure, I'm gonna lose an hour sleep but I'll take it to enjoy more sunshine...lol! :O)

    Happy SWS!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all Picasso's works! Don't know if you caught a pic in my Friday post of the hotel La Colombe d'Or in S France where Picasso used to stay and paid in kind with works of art in my photo!

    Love yr post - have a great 6WS & *see* you again soon!

    X LOLA:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Annie the art work is awesome!! Nothing like real artist, they have so much insight and imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Powerful words, Anni!

    Happy Saturday 9!
    Happy SS!
    Happy Weekend Funnies!

    Have a Wicked and Blessed Weekend!
    Hugs
    shakira

    WEEKEND FUNNIES

    SATURDAY 9

    WHY MEN ARE NEVER DEPRESSED

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad you got to keep your photos. Thanks for visiting MiMi's Mini Tales, too. Love your blog decor!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi you Little Stinker You...
    Now I can't even allow you to go to the museum without getting into trouble. What am I going to do with you? No flash or not, rules are rules. See you have shared with us, so now we don't need to pay to go and view the paintings and art because you have shared with us. Thus stinker, no cameras allowed in the museum.

    Oh you are a Hoot. But I sure do LOVE ya just the same. What a wonderful time I have had this morning.

    Daylight savings time doesn't worry me. Remember we never change our clocks here. They stay the same. Thank goodness for that.

    We are having a beautiful streak of sun again for the next week or so. I am enjoying it tremendously.

    Have a beautiful Saturday sweet friend. Country hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome art pieces!! So glad you were able to "sneak" the pictures out with your phone and share with us. Hope you are having a wonderful Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm glad you liked it annie Thanks For Sharing.
    Larry

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful pictures & frames! WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh I love your new lay out Anni.

    Beautiful exhibits!

    Please come and find out if Champ & Chelsea get along. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The guards have a valid point, though. By posting photos of the art you are taking copies of intellectual property! People are stealing such all over the world.

    This is the problem with people then copying the art.
    Knock-offs are everywhere, and it is a shame as people like you and I are celebrating the art.
    Everything is waking up in Muskoka!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those are beautiful!

    Please take a peek of my sister's PETS

    ReplyDelete
  30. Jenn, thanks for all your help!! I've redone the images to stave off copying from my blog now. Your direction is much appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love museums. I wish there was a good one near us. Thanks for sharing from your excursion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. LOL. This is so you. I don't know why so many people get their knickers so wadded up about photos in places like that. One time I videoed a Nuclear Sub in Pearl Harbor. I got got and had to delete it right then an there PFFFT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm right there with you on Spring Forward - LOVE Fall back - hate spring forward. Until June, of course, when school's out and I WANT the kids staying up late and sleeping later!

    ReplyDelete
  34. WOW!!! Absolutely WONDERFUL post!! :-D I LOVE IT!!!
    Looks like you have some great photos, as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great post Anni... I really enjoyed it!
    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh my goodness! I totally forgot about daylight savings time! Thanks for reminding me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I certainly am jealous of your beautiful flowers!

    All I am looking at right now is a snowbank.......

    ReplyDelete
  38. Very cool! It's been awhile since I took a brose through a museum but our art museum is reopening soon after massive renovations. I can't wait to see what they've done to the place!

    Thanks for playing 6WS!

    ReplyDelete

.