THIS WEEK at I'd Rather B Birdin'
-photos of-

Pretty ones...Cute ones...
SOME OF MY FAVORITE PICS
click on bird name[s] to view them
and read a bit of trivia about them!!
...............Hope to see you there!..............



The Santa Express....home 4 the holidays - tour of Homes



Christmas Tour of Homes with The Nester

CLICK HERE TO JOIN IN THE HOLIDAY FESTIVITIES -HOME 4 THE HOLIDAYS...LINK YOUR BLOG POST!!

Or

Click on the Christmas Tour of Homes Button at far left for more...














Long legged 'beasties'....




















Mr. Santa....bring me a dream!















Make him the cutest, that I've ever seen...















Give 'im two horn racks and call 'im Rudy....
















He'll turn Frosty before the night
is over...



















My newest resin Santa...all sparkly and ready for the season. Along with his best friend traveling the globe



















Very LARGE Red Velvet Santa in Velvet Covered Sleigh

















Snow covered Pine Cone & Cardinal Candle Holders [I have two]




















Red Cardinal Trinket Box [Kirland's purchase]





















Button Top Santa --Ho Ho Ho





















...close up





















Newest handblown ornament
---Covered Wagon














Below, I have two slide shows. Part I and Part II. Do plan on staying a while...I provided holiday music so you can click on the button below and enjoy....









PART I








PART II










- - -<><><>- - -




PS....I found the most wonderful spray at Wal Mart...for the holidays! AND affordable to us all I believe...only $1.50 for 6 oz. bottle. Tho, in the store, there were several fragrances to choose from for the season, I wanted something light and airy...and reminiscent of the forest where we used to go when in Colorado to cut down a fresh tree ourselves and take it home to decorate....leaving such a wonderful, seasonal aroma throughout the house for weeks! Today, with the now beautifully crafted artificial trees that will pay for themselves [economically speaking] in two year's time, I fail to comprehend why anyone would want otherwise. We've had a fabricated tree now for almost 30 years. At $25 or more for a real one...that one eight foot artificial tree we purchased years ago at $30 when on sale at the end of a holiday season...well, you do the math!! For me, tho, there is one fallback. And that's the fresh cut, live, tree smell! This spray I found is just perfect. It has the right incense of whichever you choose. Not heavy, and when I spray it in spots and corners of the entire house, the redolence is perfect. On the label there is a cautionary note that the oils may make fabric bleed and harmful if sprayed in eyes. But who, in their right mind, would target eyes with the nozzle except for perhaps, human error? I'm all for artificial trees! Economically, green earth-wise, clean-up, and maintenance. They are not that expensive if you find a store like Hobby Lobby that have their Christmas Trees anywhere from 30% to 50% off. Being a 'mock pine' there are no pine needles you have to contend with during the time the tree is up and decorated. There is less-to-no fire hazard like with real trees! They're easy to construct, and tear down. And they pack away in a small container that will fit nicely in a closet, the garage; even easily stored in the attic!





POSTED: Monday, December 14th, 2009
4:25 A.M.


46 comments:

  1. WOW! Your decorations are just BEAUTIFUL!!!! Merry Christmas to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anni,

    Love the long legged Christmas Decorations! =) Nice blog and thanks for stopping by.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annie,

    Your decorations are beautiful!!

    I especially love your long legged friends, they are adorable.

    Thanks for dropping by my blog :)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many cute things you have scattered through your house! I can't imagine how long it takes you to get it all set up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for dropping by my blog. I've enjoyed my visit to yours - you have so many wonderful decorations.

    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  6. How CUTE! The Penguin is just adorable. I love all the red Christmas-eee feel. I’m so glad you could stop by and take a look at my Thrifty Aqua Tree

    ReplyDelete
  7. aaaaw, button top santa is just the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those stuffed guys at the beginning. All your Christmas buddies look so cute and festive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed your post. Thanks for stopping by mine. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gday Dear Annie,
    Slowly making my way around blogland Oh how I missed to bloging and visiting
    Ohh I just adore your Christmas decorations and the lamp shade santa,s OHH your new addition is beautiful.. I will be back soon as i can. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I very much enjoyed this post sweetie, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...lovely decorations! ~ kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the tour...I had a great time! Your decor is beautiful...thanks for coming by for a visit...please come again...the door is alway open. Merry Christmas!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just stunning! I only have out the nativity scene and my caroling kitties. The new kitten is just too much "trouble". Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very, very cute! Everything looks so nice. I agree with you...I like the convenience (and price) of our artificial tree but sure miss the fragrance of a fresh cut one! I have a "Smell of the Tree" candle (Aromatique) that I burn each year to make up for it :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YOur home is lovely!! YOur Christmas decor is so pretty, you have done a great job! Thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good Morning Sweet Annie...
    I so love this post. Oh my gosh, I do not think that you missed a room in the house, or a corner either. You have decorated everything from head to toe. I so love it that you have shared. I love EVERYTHING. I really like the Frosty on the mantel though, he is might cute, and I love it that you decorate your bathroom too. I love putting Christmas into mine. It is so much fun.

    Thank you for sharing. I have written a poem on my post today. I think you will love it. Pop over and see.

    Country hugs sweetie...Love Ya, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks for visiting and commenting... my tour is actually up now so check back... my daughter would love your pink santa! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You did a great job with the decorations. The new covered wagon ornament is very cool. :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. so cute and festive! I love the little penguin

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the red cardinal box! Everything looks really warm and comfy! Very festive and fun.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for popping in to my Christmas Home Tour in N Ireland.

    Love that button Santa.

    Merry Christmas to you and yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, Hootin',

    You have such a fancy blog! That cross stitch table cloth is really something. You did a fantastic job of putting your blog tour together.

    Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. I really enjoyed my visit here! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your decorations are fantastic, love the button Santa!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh man if I ever come across a blown glass covered wagon it is all mine. Love it and my girls are complete pioneer (Little House) addicts. We just built them a Little House play house in the back yard.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love, Love your pitures.....so glad that you stopped by. Happy Holidays....Wrapping is my job for today...

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your little cardinal box! It's so cute and I'm a huge Cardinal's baseball fan so I am a little partial to that beautiful bird! Your home looks just darling! Thanks for the spray info and I appreciate you stopping by my blog too...Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful! I agree about the artificial trees - and they are so much safer. Artificial trees don't dry out. My favorite Santa is the button top. It's so cute! And thanks for visiting my sight and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Loved my Christmas visit! Thanks for opening your lovely home.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What fantastic decorations. It looks as if we are in the North Pole. Loved it. Thanks for sharing and the slide shows were excellent. :) Have a wonderful week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very nice, Anni!! Your decor is adorable!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a great tour, love all the santa decorations.

    Just wanted to let you know I am hosting a Holiday Treats week this week and will be posting a new recipe everyday, hope you stop by to check it out and maybe link up some of your holiday treats

    ReplyDelete
  33. wow, your home looks like it's filled to the brim with Christmas fun!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, you really go all out! Thanks for sharing your Christmas wonderland. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow oh wow, love your slide show!!! What an awesome collection of santas!!!!
    this was so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks for stopping by my blog! LOVE all your decorations. So cute! The slideshows are great!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I really enjoyed your slide show.
    How beautiful it was.
    We also have put up the fake tree for the same reason. NEEDLES in the carpet.
    Thanks for sharing and I will have to look for that spray at Wal Mart.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Merry Christmas, Anni! And a wish: keep looking at the world with your unique set of eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your home looks very festive. I love all of the red and green and sparklies.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Darling! Merry Christmas,
    cristin

    ReplyDelete
  41. Anni, What a beautifully decorated home you have, I loved all of your decorations, my Mother would have a hay day at your house, she loves Christmas so much she would love to keep all her decorations up year round, I have so enjoyed my visit, thank you for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  42. I LOVE all the Santa's, especially the leaning ones! Wonderful display!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Those are such FUN sweet characters!!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi Anni, what an amazing collection of Santas you have! They are darling and you must really enjoy having them all out for Christmas. AND I'm in love with your kitty Winston, what a cutie! Have a wonderful week,
    Blessings,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  45. YOur home is lovely, GOD BLESS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS

    ReplyDelete
  46. Merry Christmas Annie! Hope you have a wonderfully special holiday with your family and friends!

    ReplyDelete

.