my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




...from Christmas to New Year's and beyond






SUNDAY STEALING

1. What is your favorite holiday show/animated show?
    I like 'em all. The most enjoyable for me is a movie, Polar Express. And the least enjoyable is Charlie Brown Christmas
2. What holiday character do you think you're most like?
    Some days I can feel like Grinch or Scrooge, while other days I can feel like Santa!
3. What holiday character does your spouse think you're most like?

    He thinks I'm a kid at heart...so, he'd probably say ==Virginia O’Hanlon; I'm the little girl sharing wishful secrets with Santa. [He should know]- - -It was a habit in our family that whenever any doubts came up as to how to pronounce a word or some question of historical fact was in doubt, we wrote to the Question and Answer column in The Sun. Father would always say, ‘If you see it in the The Sun, it’s so,’ and that settled the matter.
    ‘Well, I’m just going to write The Sun and find out the real truth,’ I said to father.
    He said, ‘Go ahead, Virginia. I’m sure The Sun will give you the right answer, as it always does.’ - - -


4. Favorite Christmas/holiday song?
    I like most all of them, O Holy Night being a long time favorite. And since my folks both are now gone [passed away], I L♥VE "I'll Be Home for Christmas...if only in my dreams". I've always liked it, but now it has a whole NEW meaning to me.
5. Most hated Christmas/holiday song?
    Oh this is a definite HATE---I deplore, abhor, despise... "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer"....it's not even Christmasy...it's more a drunken redneck song that should never have been recorded. Personally, I think it should be condemned.
6. If you have an all holiday music radio station when do you start listening to it?
    Mine's either played on C Ds, old records [the 33rpm kind] or when shopping...no radio
7. If you have an all holiday music radio station do you love it or hate it?
    I can't say...I've never experienced a 24/7 radio station.
8. Have you ever wrapped yourself as a Christmas present?
    Only MY Santa knows this answer...and we vowed to keep that secret
9. Who is Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer's father?
    Ever hear of DNA? This question should be directed to Ms. Abby Sciuto.
10. Do you drive your neighborhood or one near you at night to look at other people's holiday decorations?
    We have on occasion, but not recently.
11. When you see a heavily decorated house do you think, 'oh that's lovely'? Or do you think, 'oh criminy, that looks like Christmas threw up all over their lawn'?
    I have been known to ogle at all the sparkles and glitter and animations and blinking lights....you bet, it's "Lovely".
12. Are you counting the days to Christmas with excited anticipation or dread?
    Actually, both...Christmas day is always a good day...but when it comes to a close, I know that there will be work to do packing everything away.
13. When was the last time you had your photo taken with Santa? Did you sit on his lap?
    Let me just add this: He really is spry for his age.
14. Do you make a Christmas list for your spouse or significant other or do you rely on them to pick your gift(s) without a clue from you?
    I like being surprised.
15. When do you put up your tree?
    Thanksgiving Weekend...during the Cowboys Football Game - for 40 some years.
16. Real or fake?
    Artificial
17. When do you take your tree down?
    I begin taking things down the day after Christmas...my way of thinking......Christmas is over the 26th, the house has been decorated for nearly one month... let's get back to our normal life...we're not 'big' on New Year's Day like most people are...so, it's the day after I start...it takes about 4 days total to get everything packed away and all the 'normal everyday things' back up.
18. Do you shop the day after Christmas sales? What do you shop for?
    Nope...see #17
19. Is your work/office having a holiday party this year? Will you attend?
    Don't Work
20. Do you have your New Year's Eve Plans set yet?
    The only one we really planned was the Millenium [party beginning at 11 PM and it was still going after 9 a.m. the very 1st day of 2000 --some guests didn't leave 'til that afternoon ---they um.....passed out, and I left them there...safer than having them out on the streets at a gawd awful bright sunshiny day...hungover]...other than that...it's been to bed as usual times.




- - -Quote from "Yes, Virginia..." site linked above. Also, photo of REAL Virginia from 1897.




- - -<><><>- - -

UNCONSCIOUS MUTTERINGS


1. Interest :: Loan
2. Chase :: Manhattan
3. Itch :: Seven Year
4. Soothe :: Comfort
5. Lamp :: Oil
6. Tutor :: Teach
7. Nicole :: Kidman
8. Sloth :: Lazy -deadly sin [according to some]
9. Burn :: in Hell
10. Bug ::Volkswagen Beetle; Lady







POSTED: Sunday, December 20th, 2009
4:30 A.M.



19 comments :

  1. You definitely love Xmas!LOL
    Merry Xmas Anni ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds like some Millenium party. Glad I'm not the only one who favours artificial trees. Have a great Sunday and a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers as all ways, thanks for passing my way! Have a great Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOl - 7 year itch - felt it in the corners of my mind but it just didn't come to the fore when I was doing the list - then it just clicked when I saw it on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate that Grandma got run over song too. What were they thinking? I guess they made a lot of money off it though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very enjoyable post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anni, I enjoyed reading your answers. I also love O' Holy Night and have since I was young and sang in the choir. Another favourite of mine is Silent Night.

    I thought I commented yesterday but the boys called as I was reading your blog and possibly I forgot. If so, my apologies.

    Have a wonderful day, my friend and enjoy all of your beautiful Christmas decorations.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anni, thanks for dropping by. Problem with tree is finding somewhere to put it where there's no risk of hubby backing into it.! Happy Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  9. stay a child at heart forever dearest anni! i too start taking stuff down from the 27th. you see, our wedding anniversary's on the 28th, and somehow in my head i feel they don't mix......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Manhattan - I liked!
    I've never heard 'Gandma got run over...' lucky me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning Anni... As always great answers but like you I love Christmas lights and never thing they are bad... Christmas is the only time you can over do and it still looks good... Have a wonderful Sunday!

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the picture and quote of Virginia. And I'll Be Home For Christmas is a beautiful song.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" is disgusting. I hope you have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Anni.
    I almost forgot about Grandma getting run over by a reindeer.
    We did this meme on Monday Mayhem a few weeks ago which is why responses may not be that great this week.It's all fun, Have a great week!

    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/12/when-was-last-time-you-had-your-photo_19.html
    Fill in the 'kissing' blanks this week on Monday Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  15. trees were not supposed to come down until after the 12th day of christmas.. http://hodgepodgespv.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hodgepodespv Who says? I never go with 'rules'.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ugh, I hate Grandma got run over by a reindeer song too, so annoying. Love your blog background :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Only you would come up with Artificial when it ask real or fake...LOL. Clever :)Poor old Grandma...May be she had too much eggnog and that's why she got mowed down ya think? LOL. Burn in Hell...LOL. Love it...and I wonder how those turds at Chase Manhattan are enjoying all our bail out money hmmm? :) Have a super week my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Annie, Glen Campbell does a wonderful version of "I'll be Home for Christmas," which is another of my favorite Christmas songs. Although I'm with you on O Holy Night.

    ReplyDelete

.