THIS WEEK at I'd Rather B Birdin'
-photos of-

Pretty ones...Cute ones...
SOME OF MY FAVORITE PICS
click on bird name[s] to view them
and read a bit of trivia about them!!
...............Hope to see you there!..............




Click either button to Join


First...Thursday Thunks
[these questions are by regulars over at Thursday Thunks. I kinda figured they'd all be used at one time or another, that's why I didn't answer any of them the first go-'round]



1. Bud [not MY Bud tho! LOL]- What type of meme question is the hardest? Questions that make me thunk too long. My thunker gets tired easily...like this question, I'm now reminded of Rodin's "Thunker" statue. Ohhhhhh, the pain of thunking.

2. Smart Cent's Mom- If you could be any person living or dead, who would you be? See? This one would be considered to be in the 'hardest' category. It's making me thunk too long. I can't say anyone specific tho...there are too many out there that could be answers. I thunk it would hafta be a genius tho. I like seeing my name in print....therefore I blog! That's about all I can muster this morning...

3. Thom- You accidentally bump into someone at a store and you apologize. The person you bumped into says no problem and you notice food stuck in their teeth. What do you do? Keep on walkin'! On my merry o' way. I don't know this person, do I? Well dang, I guess I wouldn't say anything even if I DID know 'em. But it would remind me why I was at the store; to remember toothpaste, mouthwash and floss.

4. Captured Memories- "Do you ever shed a tear when you poop?" First... Why is this one in QUOTES and the others aren't? I'm almost tempted to play doctor here and tell Kimber [I just know she answered yes to this! It explains her ailment.] <--kidding--->that this is more than likely WHY YOU HAVE A MIGRAINE...poop and tearing up...lordy that's a sign you're using your head to poop. Stop doing that and call me in the morning!

5. Mejis- If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, it's still a tree, right? Yep, a fallen tree that no one witnessed falling...trust me, I know. Been there, saw that. And it's not necessarily a log now, either...it could still be alive and growing. I've seen that happen also.

6. Tosin- What is something you have said to someone that you wish you could take back? LOL...well now, I still think of this horrendous slip of the tongue. After many many years!! My oldest brother is very much overweight...I, one time, really liked his shirt he was wearing, and I asked him [wanting to ask him where he got it but instead...] "Where did you get that fat?" Seriously. I was tongue-tied...didn't know whether to apologize or run for cover!!! He got a big laugh out of it...I was totally embarrassed and even forgot to apologize. This was years ago, and I still remember that day...I was mortified!

7. Annie's home- not feeling very creative here so I will ask if you were in the Big Brother house how would you play the game? Hey, for once I don't live under a rock...I KNOW THIS ONE!!! But, sorry...I don't watch it. And I certainly wouldn't want to live in my OWN Big Brother house. You ARE asking about the TV show, right? Dang, now I thunk of another Big Brother house and that's the organization that matches kids with big brothers/sisters. Oh dear. I'll go crawl under that rock now.

8. Meandering Matt- Mac (which is still a PC (personal computer) in my opinion) or PC (Microsoft)? Never had a Mac. Except for the BIG MAC with special sauce, lettuce, cheese, on a sesame seed bun. I've heard so many good things about a Mac tho...no viruses right? Cool!

9. Living Dead Nurse- Do you think Jay Leno’s show should be cancelled? 'Nother TV question!! I don't watch much but sports or movies, so I really can't answer this one...Is Jay Leno a Big Brother perhaps? Nah...I still wouldn't live with HIM either. As far as cancellations...I think COMMERCIALS should be axed! Anybody with me on that thunker?

10. Dixie Chick- I LOVE VICTORIA SECRET PANTIES AND THEY ARE THE ONLY KIND I WEAR. JUST BOUGHT 5 NEW PAIR THE OTHER DAY. 2 BLACK, 2 RED AND 1 PURPLE. THEY ARE ALL FRESHLY WASHED AND READY TO WEAR. MY QUESTION IS.....WHAT SIZE BRA DO I WEAR...? What? No Visuals? Thirty two bees just flew by...is that an omen? Well, my Bud just said answer this this way..."I'll take a stab in the dark"...Sure, I say...typical male answer!!! Don't you think? Stab indeed...more like a "Shot" in the dark if you want my visual!

11. And finally one by Kimber (just so you don't think I am too lazy)- There is a rattlesnake living behind the warehouse my husband's company just moved into, tarantulas in our side yard, scorpions all around at night and coyotes howling and running down the street in front of our house. So what color sheets will you want on your bed when you come to visit me? The rattlesnakes [yes, I say snakes...plural...if there is ONE there are hundreds...] they would definitely keep me away...so save yourself the chore of doing laundry...I'm not coming near your place.





- - -<><><>- - -

WHAT'S IN A NAME?

Funny....the other day after Tahoe ate her daily ration of fresh grass, Bud said "She'll just barf", "That's what Tahoe means in Indian, big barf". So, knowing me as you do, you by now suspected, I had to look it up:


    1- Tahoe is a Washoe Indian word, generally believed to mean "Big Water" or "Big Blue".
I think instead of 'big barf' her name -'big water' is quite fitting...you should hear her open the flood gates to make water the times she steps into her 'powder room'....BIG time!!
- - -
Then, our other kitty, Winston. Of course I can't forgo this post without seeing just what Winston is, and 'nationality':
    2- The meaning of the name Winston is "joyful stone". This name has been derived from the Old English surname Wynnstan. The name Wynnstan changed from a personal name to a place name in the middle ages. The name Winston has a few variants like Win, Winn, Winsten, Winstonn and Wynstan.

- - -
3- Annie [tho I don't have the 'e' on my name, it's still the same in explanation:
    "Annie means full of grace, easy to love, mercy, harmony, and full of favour. There are different origins, depending on full name. Annie, Ann, anna, and Annaeg are all Hebrew."

- - -
4- Bud? That's gotta be 'short' for something I imagine. Hold on, I'll go see in Google if there is anything on my dear man...be right back!
    Here [link #16 definition] is what it said: "Bud is a English boy name. The meaning of the name is `Friend` Where is it used? The name Bud is mainly used In English.See also In English: Buddy (M) From Old English. Bud doesn`t appear In 2007`s top-1000 name list.The last time Bud appeared In the top-1000 was 48 years ago, In 1960."

Then, of course my two kids --Irene and Erik.
    5- Irene is: Greek, meaning Peaceful
    6- Erik is: Honorable Ruler and it's Scandinavian of course...with the "K" or the "C", I'm sure. I chose the "K" version 'cause of the Phantom of the Opera...he, I fell in love with long ago.

    7- And of course, Irene is my mom's name also. [see #5]

    8- My dad's name in Alexander, it's Protector of Mankind and also Greek in origin. Both my grandsons are named after grandfather's [Irene's grandfather and Dan's father, but she chose to have their namesakes...middle names]...

    9- Clint, "Town on a hill" - Old English.

    10- And, FINALLY!!! An offspring that actually has an Irish Gaelic name...Dillon, my youngest grandson....his name means: Fatithful.

Bud's parents are
    11- Lee: Old English meaning sheltered from the storm
    and
    12- Helen: Light and Greek in origin.

13- Lastly, my blog's Name...Hootin' Anni's. It's derived from the word Hootenanny*, meaning: An informal, festive performance by folk singers, often including audience participation with the use of acoustic instruments. According to the *LINK here, it's of Scottish origin. [That's close to Ireland. LOL]



Perhaps you can find your name meaning and origin....HERE








POSTED: Thursday, October 8th 2009
4:20 a.m.








35 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...I love the #10 LOL. Too funny. And a Big Mac...ROFLMAO. How interesting about all the names. I never thought to do that :) Hope your pain of Thunking doesn't hurt too much...have a wonderful Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm DEFINITELY with you on the axing the commercials!!! Thanks for stopping by this morning :) Have a great Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still half asleep here and you already have me giggling while reading your Thursday Thunks! lol Oh yes, I'm with you, axe the commercials!!! Some of these questions were really strange, weren't they...I mean, asking if you shed a tear while you poop??? Yeesh!

    That was so interesting about the names. I checked out mine and this is what it says:

    Carol
    Melody, Song
    Origin: French

    I knew that Carole was a French name but I'm surprised they don't have an "e" because that's the way it's spelled in French!! Carol without an "e" is usually the English way of spelling it. I was almost a "Joanne" since that's the name mom had originally picked when she was pregnant for me! She changed her mind, though, when I was born and she looked at me...said I looked more like a Carole than a Joanne! lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's always great to come here just to see what your page looks like and this one is gorgeous! and that banner - wowza!!!

    yeah, i agree. we should have had visuals on the victoria secret stuff.

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. a very very informative post. makes me want to rename myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. from what i can gather about you through your blog, i think your name is perfectly suited to you! as for those questions... no, no, no.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 cheers for Hootin' Anni!
    That Bud thunking got me too :)

    Happy Thursday!
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/10/if-you-could-be-any-person-living-or.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Halloween blog colours and pic.......made me smile at the thunker !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry, but those thunkers are just clunkers today! Good answers for what you had to work with, though, as always!

    Dawn - means sunrise, of course, but also Diana - HUH?? It says it's Greek in origin.

    Entertaining as always, dear Hootin' Anni - perfect name for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh the one about your brother had me LOL for real! I bet at the time it was horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adelle -Noble, Kind
    Gender: Female
    Origin: German

    I just happen to be of German decent. I didn't realize my name was. Fun lists (both of them)

    Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your answer on #2.. your posts really put smiles on my face.. bet you are such a cool person :)

    thanks for viewing mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's quite interesting with the names ! When I here Winston I think of Churchill and your cat looks a little like him only in cute !

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm still laughing about your #6. Sounds like something I would say. lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I do love your posts!
    ...and your festive holiday theme!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey i love your T13s :)

    wonderful list always!

    and you are so tempting me for thunks!

    13 annoyances after 27

    ReplyDelete
  17. I spilled my coffee laughing at your responses. Try not to thunk so hard in the future. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. you thunked lots. i didn't thunk much.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great names list, it's always interesting to see what they mean, my given name, Rebekah means servant of god, the one I use, Becky means "bound" not quite so positive.
    I love that haunted house up at the top of your blog, that is really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the quick and easy, too. Not that I don't stray.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the name search Anni, and Tahoe's made me laugh.

    Calico Contemplations

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your last answer! thanks for stopping by mt blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I enjoyed your list--name meanings are always fun. I tried out your link to find out my meaning and was disappointed to find that my name "Tracie" wasn't on the list!! But, when I tried it the more popular spelling "Tracy" I got the meaning brave. Pretty nice.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The thunks made me laugh as usual. I think name meanings are fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great for answers, Annie!

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anni,

    Enjoy reading your posts today. I got a kick out of some of your thunks. I'm not going to the house that has the rattlesnakes either. LOL

    Your family has some very interesting name meanings. I looked my up and Mary is hebrew. It means "bitter." Don't think that fits me too well, though I do have my moments.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your 13. I always like looking up name meanings. And yours is wonderful. My granddaughter is an Annie, too. Her name is Mary Annette, but she goes by Annie as there are other Marys in the family.

    Clara (me!) is Latin and means clear and bright. Richard (MWH!) is English and means powerful, rich ruler.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hmmm.. Well, my name wasn't in the top 100... So then I looked it up anyway, and all it tells me is that "Tina" is short for anything ending in "~tine"... meaning Christine?.. or Ernestine?? (Ew!) .. or WHAT??! Oh well! (0; Love your photo of Winston by the pumpkin! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  29. As always, entertaining :)

    Got here late today, but glad I did!
    http://donnainhouston.blogspot.com/2009/10/thursday-thirteen-completely-tardy.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've always been fascinated with names, ever since I was old enough to know what they were. Really enjoyed this, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Maybe I'm in a strange mood. But I real like #4 the poop one.
    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am curious what podunk town in Nebraska you are from. I grew up out in the sandhills between Taylor and Bassett (Nebraska).

    The meaning of Winston is interesting. I suppose that the old word "winsome" is related to joy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  33. LOL
    You definitely thunked too long :o)
    I love the bg theme you have!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Anni! Long time no visit. I was pleased to see your comment on my blog the other day. You've done some decorating for the season and it's bewitchingly appropriate. ;o)

    Hope you have a great Friday and weekend!

    Love and hugs,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  35. I really enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete

.