my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Sunday, July 5th, 2009
6:30 A.M.



Blogging for today with Sunday's memes and political views follows. I didn't participate in Sunday Stealing that much...reasons below. But, to view only my Unconscious Mutterings, skipping over the rest of 'in the news' this week.... CLICK HERE



No way José!! Not me....never.
Why I get queasy on the 2nd floor of the mall!
Imagine...nope.
Forget that....
Who in their right minds would even THINK of this?

According to the news online, the infamous Sears Tower in Chicago now has a glass balcony...even the floor? Where you can step out and see what is below also...not just looking out the 'window' of the world, but like walking on air? No way!!!! Would you do that? How can THEY do that? 103 floors up? It's open to the public now? Whooppee! I can hardly wait to get to Chicago!! NOT!!!!! Gives a whole new meaning to Skywalker. Luke? Would you do this?

[photo courstesy of Yah**News]

- - -

Beware...the soon to be "ex-c*mmander-in-chief" of a certain Northern state has posted threats to us all. All of us who blog about the said g*vern*r anything against, there will law suits slapped on 'em. What the Heck is going on?
    An attorney on Saturday warned legal action may be taken against bloggers and publications that reprint what he calls fraudulent claims...."
    Yah**News
    ...the clients [said] will not allow them to propagate defamatory material without answering to this in a court of law."
I tellya my thoughts on this: If they're not hiding something, then why the secrecy of the recent actions? Why then, isn't there a sound and truthful explanation to us all? So far, there is no hint whatsoever, and if truth be told without all the 'hush hush'....chances are there would be a bit of sympathy, empathy, and encouragement. This is no way to be in the public eye and expect any respect for such questionable actions. Speak up...speak to your people, and you'll then receive accolades for being an HONEST person. There are now issues of health, family's health, stability, running for a higher office, illegal actions while in office, with no explanations, what then....please tell. This is so unorthodox for a politician if you want my opinion. Why truth be told from my point of view, even lying to us with a 'far out' reason for leaving would be more sufficient than the silence. Receiving respect from said state and country demands the same in return. Ummmm, remember all the slander the party's ticket threw out during the campaign trail in 2008? What goes around comes around.
<><><>


Join Here

The Sunday Stealing this week, "I've Come To Realize" is far too long, I started working on it after I posted my link at the home site [sorry] and then REALIZED it wasn't one I wanted to finish. Also, this week's meme is so very much for younger bloggers. So, I'll pass on it . Chest size would be something about a hope chest pro'lly. [1] I don't work [2] I don't have 'exes' [29] ? ? ? [23] Facebook [18] Both my parents have long passed [12 & 17]---------ummmm Houston, we have a 'no go' for this blogger this week.


1. I’ve come to realize that my chest-size. . .2. I’ve come to realize that my job. . .I don't have a job outside the house, I'm retired. 3. I’ve come to realize that when I’m driving. . .4. I’ve come to realize that I need. . . to stop working on this meme...too many of them from the 30+ do not pertain to my lifestyle! 5. I’ve come that realize that I have lost. . .6. I’ve come to realize that I hate it when. . .7. I’ve come to realize that if I’m drunk. . . I don't drink! 8. I’ve come to realize that money...9. I’ve come to realize that certain people. . .10. I’ve come to realize that I’ll always. . .11. I’ve come to realize that my sibling(s). . .12. I’ve come to realize that my mom…13. I’ve come to realize that my cell phone. . .14. I’ve come to realize that when I woke up this morning. . .15. I’ve come to realize that last night before I went to sleep. . .16. I’ve come to realize that right now I am thinking. . .17. I’ve come to realize that my dad. . .18. I’ve come to realize that when I get on Facebook. . .19. I’ve come to realize that today. . .20. I’ve come to realize that tonight. . .21. I’ve come to realize that tomorrow. . .22. I’ve come to realize that I really want to. . .23. I’ve come to realize that the person mostly likely to repost this is. . .24. I’ve come to realize that life. . .25. I’ve come to realize that this weekend. . .26. I’ve realized the best music to listen to when I am upset. . .27. I’ve come to realize that my friends. . .28. I’ve come to realize that this year. . .29. I’ve come to realize that me exes. . .30. I’ve come to realize that maybe I should. . .31. I’ve come to realize that I love. . .32. I’ve come to realize that I don’t understand. . .33. I’ve come to realize my past. . .34. I’ve come to realize that parties. . .35. I’ve come to realize that I’m totally terrified. . .36. I’ve come to realize that my life. . .

25 comments :

  1. LOL...good SS answer.
    It was way too long.

    Grew up in Chicago. It's a beautiful city.

    Take care Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mornin' Anni,

    A native American tribe has built a glass platform the extends over the Grand Canyon. That also would give your vertigo a field day. I hope you had a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am NOT going up there! NOPE not going to do that !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anni,

    NO, I will not go up that tower. I don't go up anywhere if I can help it. We are birds of a feather in that respect.

    News from the North. Not that surprising.

    Hope you and Bud are relaxing and enjoying the long weekend.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFL! You are to heights what I am to tight spaces! I probably WOULD step out on this balcony - for the SAKE of TAKING PICTURES! But it would make me a little nervous! Not NEARLY so nervous as getting an MRI though! (which I still can NOT do!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, "me neither"! I had not heard this. I don't read the news and seldom watch any except the weather part. Honey Bear had heard of it and we went and looked at your link with all 23 photos. I have this vertigo problem besides a fear of heights. Buildings that tall sway. Some people say they don't and maybe I am more sensitive to it because of the vertigo issue but I can feel it. I can even feel the vibrations in the floor of a multi storied building. So, I have taken my brave self to the top of the Empire State Building and Seattle's Space Needle, briefly. No way would I step out there and I don't believe my children would have either as long as I was alive.

    Second: People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. I am not going to comment further.

    I agree about the meme plus every sentence started with the same wording.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you want a babycat just say the word. I get it up to adoption size and deliver it in person in a few weeks..;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that was one long meme! I won't do that anymore ...whew I had to be a smart A&& all the way thru....couldn't think of that many answers in one sitting!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously this one was long.

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't agree more with you on Sunday Stealing this week. It was ridiculous and some of them I couldn't even come up with an answer. There was no damn question LOL The Unconscious Mutterings were great. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would never walk out on that glass balcony. Not in a million years. It's like that one in the Grand Canyon. I'm terrified of heights and with my luck the thing would break. No thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The problem with this country is we are unkind to and suspect the worse of our politicians. Democrat or Republican I think dislike or hating them is a terrible waste of time. Ant idiot can accuse you of anything . If you ignore them that's very bad you must be dishonest. If you answer them they say you protest too much and they need to dig deeper .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, if the lady had the honesty and poetry of Emily Dickinson, the world would be celebrating the future before it even happens.

    The w*man in question leaves her place and the public should be informed. That's transparency of politics.

    Some say the world will come to an end in 2012. I wonder whether she's got a hand in it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. No way am I stepping on that glass floor!

    I passed on this weeks SS too.

    Good answers to UM! I really like #9, dodo bird LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Although I did manage to come up with an answer, even if it was a non answer, to the meme questions, it was not fun this week.

    On the governor issue, the threat of lawsuits is a scare tactic meant to intimidate people into giving up their right to free speech. I say here I am, Ms. Boogyman's attornies, come and get me; you ain't scaring me into giving up any of my rights!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What you posted about the governor of that state (whoever he may be...I have no idea) and his threats to sue sounds rather funny. Is he totally serious? What better way to cause people to speculate even more than to threaten action? Silly idiot, he should just ignore it all...as you say, he's in the spotlight...learn to live with it, buster, and grow a thicker skin, for heaven's sake!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! That picture of the Sears Tower had me freaking out! And hear hear and a ROFL to your post on the governor! You can always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm amazed by that glass walkway at the Sears Tower. How incredible indeed! Loved your words about the soon-to-be ex-governor too! Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. No way would I go up there.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi ANNI.. i finished my SS but i was so tempted to delete it. it took up so much space on my blog's home page and yes, some questions were simply pointless. next time i will just choose the SS memes I will steal.

    i love your UM answers. i think it's also a great option in case i can't do a long meme on a sunday.

    as for the ex-chief, i strongly believe that politicians should not be too onion-skinned. even if and when they decide to leave their post (albeit prematurely), they should expect reactions (some of which may be violent) because after all, they are accountable to the people and not the other way around.

    have a great week!

    Bing =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was already on that tower and don't need the extra adrenaline kick!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Have a wonderful week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh, i'd have to stand on that glass floor. with the glass walls. at least once!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Omigoddddddd...I felt dizzy just looking at that picture!!! I have vertigo problems and really have to watch myself when going anywhere high. Steve has been trying to get me to go up the Skylon Tower in Niagara Falls and I told him to keep on dreaming! lol

    Don't even get me started with politicians...them and me don't get along whatsoever! lol But, as you say, if they have nothing to hide, then why all the secrecy and to say they'll sue bloggers...oh pleaseeeeeee. Typical, absolutely typical. As for the saying "what goes around comes around", that has always been my mom's saying:-)

    I watched the movie "Independence Day" on Saturday morning, great movie!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. I don't think I can ever gather enough courage to go to that tower.

    ReplyDelete

.