“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






I'm still here....and have one project yet to finish [today, hopefully]. And one project that is still 'in the works', but doable without actually being physically working on it if that makes sense. I am in the middle of practicing with the new rock polisher I purchased a few weeks ago. And that project isn't something that 'needs me'. LOL The projects aren't really something that you'd want me to photograph for the blog either. It's not THOSE kinds of jobs -o- work. The stuff I have been neglecting are small things that were just ignored. Like trimming a few bushes in the yard that have gotten so ugly and 'wild' looking...like the Texas Sage and the Gardenia and the purple bougainvillea. And you may wonder, just why doesn't Bud do that work?----And I say....are you kidding me? He'd have them so trimmed down that they'd become stumps and gawd-awful ugly. Nope, nope....I'll do it, thank you very much!! [and the continual chore of trying to keep our plants and landscaping alive!!....just this week the weather on the TV local news said our supply of water in the reservoir is sitting at 35% capacity!!!....we are STILL in a huge drought....what is needed is 15 inches of rain to get it where the water level is a good, healthy, level....disaster is striking our area when it comes to lack of rainfall]. Then, there was silver that badly needed polished - and some of my silver jewelry. -----------I use all natural polish. My own 'homemade' polish. And the house reeked of vinegar for a couple of days.!!! LOL But that is completed now. Then, one I did begin that still isn't finished is a Halloween project. Yes, you read that right, Halloween. I've had this project on the back of my mind for two years now and never started it...but never forgot the idea either. I'm in the middle of decorating a small table lamp for the holiday. I've painted the entire lamp 'pedestal' and the lamp shade. Now, to put on the finishing touches. The paint job took three coats of paint to cover it all well enough.

The lamp photos above are what I found at a thrift shop when I took some donations in. I found it...it was perfect for what I wanted, what I had in mind for my holiday decoration project. What I've found in department stores were too expensive. I didn't want to spend over $20 for the whole works...and lamps in department stores cost over my 'allotment'. So, when I found this, and after I had the clerk test it to see if the light actually worked [and of course, it did!]. I purchased it for the ticketed [see 2nd photo] price of a whole whopping $3!! The paints needed to decorate the shade and the pedestal I already had/have in my crafts shelves, so that wasn't an extra expense. I bought some fringe and will use some of my other 'trinkets' for the season to decorate the shade more....



---

Another of my projects was plans to revamp my blog all together. I wanted to make the blog entirely with a make over...one that would look a bit more 'uncluttered' with no background AND one that had a larger data-coverage....the different template style altogether. It may not be set up yet to fit into any screen resolution size, but it's getting close, I think. I've tested it on 800x600...up to 1400 resolution, and it doesn't look too bad. If this works, I'm going to stick with the template that I'm using.

Also on my schedule of 'projects' was to make sure I got tickets to an upcoming play that is in town this month. I stopped everything one day this week and made sure I purchased them!! I'm excited. And I'll blog about that also...soon, I hope.

So, this post finds me almost done with my 'house' work. I hope to be back blogging by the beginning of next week. Monday, I hope. I've missed sitting at the computer in the mornings, visiting y'all. Hope your week has treated you well....

POSTED: Friday, July 17th, 2009
7 a.m.


17 comments :

  1. Ooh Annie! I love this look. So soft and inviting. You have found the right one. Stop over and see what I have done to mine. I find the right one too. Now what is going to go on that purple you are painting. Thinking of you. Country Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the shades of colours you've used here. very soothing. easy and relaxing. and a busy bee you have been. as long as it's been fun. and i think it has?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading about your doings.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy, Anni. I love the new look of your blog. It's much easier to keep track of your writing. Missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How creative to see an object and see it's potential. You've been busy.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anni, so glad to see you blogging a bit. I sure miss your posts every morning. Wow! You have gotten a lot done. I love that lamp and can't wait to see the project completed. Great photo. Love the colour.

    Glad the yard is getting back in shape. It's a lot of work but is very rewarding.

    Have a great weekend.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this. Very clever I must say. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new header btw

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see you back - you've been busy! And it takes discipline to not go to the computer and check in.

    I will be praying for some rain for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS - your new look is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sound like you have been very busy! Your blog header is beautiful! The blog color is very restuful. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello my busy friend, sending you hugs and love. I love your new header.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I noticed the new look immediately - love it!

    I can't wait to see what you have in store for that lamp.

    Stop by The Old Parsonage anytime, I love company.

    Enjoy your day!
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Anni -- you've been one busy lady! This new layout is nice, and the header looks so peaceful.

    Wishing you a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoa lots of brain power going on over there churning out all them projects! Hope you get them all done! ~Blessings Heather ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you've been really busy creating. Your blog is always interesting. The new cleaner look is nice but I liked all that extra stuff you added also.
    Have a great weekend.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just goes to show how much we can get done when we're not sitting at the computer for hours! lol I haven't visited any blogging friends in the last few days because there was just so much yard work to be done after I returned from my trip. I wish my flowers would grow as well as the weeds! Sheesh! Can't wait to see the lamp when you're all finished with it:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

.