my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Sunday, March 8th, 2009
6:22 A.M.




Sunday Stealing:

If you'd like to join in on the 'steal'....click the link above, and you'll find the questions----


Today: It's the RANDOM QUESTION MEME



1. How old do you look?
    Ancient. Like the Sphinx...aged by sun and wind, and time takes its toll.

2. Where do you live?
    Home [in Texas]

3. Are you waiting for something?
    Oh boy...this is a loaded question. I'm always waiting for SOME thing, or something.

4. What’s one pet peeve of yours that is not common?
    Someone that clicks their tongue!!

5. Do you want/have kids?
    Two, [of the human kind, that is] but they're no longer "kids". Then, I have one adult 'kid' at home with me that goes by the name of Bud, and two fur baby 'kids'.

6. Have you ever thought about converting your religion?
    NEVER!!!!

7. Last shocking news you heard?
    My sister-in-law's brain tumor.

8. What was the last thing you drank?
    Water

9. Who do you most look like in your family?
    My dad. But, wait....when I look in the mirror, I see my mom. Oh heck, I'm a mixture of the two I guess.

10. If you could have something right now, anything, what would it be?
    Mo' money! Gotta help stimulate the economy as Obama is working on....just where IS OUR stimulus?

11. Where does most of your family live?
    Most still in Colorado...Windsor, Greeley, Fort Collins, Denver, Arvada, Colorado Springs, Montrose. Then, Missouri, Texas, and Nebraska...oh ya, I have one relative in Hawai'i and one in California too.

12. Where did you grow up?
    In the Foothills, just a tad north of Denver, Colorado

13. Where do you want to go on vacation?
    I'm ON vacation...permanently. And we did our traveling around USA and Old Mexico when we were working...now, it's staying home. We've become home-bodies!

14. Have you ever had a panic attack?
    No

15. What can’t you wait for?
    For the world to realize that having Daylight Savings' Time is a waste!!!!! ---the sun is still up the same time frame...and it still goes down as the world turns. So, no matter if you use lights in the darkness of the morning or in the evening as the sunsets...you're STILL using the same amount of resources. In fact, studies have shown that with Daylight Savings' Time ---we consume MORE power at the beginning and at the end of the new 'system of time keeping' because of our minds and habits. And besides, it screws with my body rhythms!!

16. When’s the last time you told someone you loved him or her and meant it?
    Last Night

17. Have your parents ever smoked pot?
    Well, the question should read more like "DID" your parents smoke pot...my parents have been gone now for decades. No!!....and neither have I. Drugs of any kind is a 'no no' to me. I even fight with my physicians to keep me off Rx, except for high blood pressure.

18. Want someone back in your life?
    Hmmmmm, I've often thought of 'what would have been'...if the one I loved in high school wouldn't have been KIA in Viet Nam. But, no, I'm very happy with my life as it is.

19. What do you order at the bar?
    Let me put it this way....I don't drink anymore, so it would be a soda. It used to be a Vodka Gimlet, or a Margarita, or a beer.

20. When was the last time you cried really, really hard?
    My father's funeral

21. Ever licked someone’s cheek?
    Ewwwwwwwww, no!

22. What is your favorite thing to eat with peanut butter?
    I'm not one who really even likes peanut butter. So, it'd have to be smothered with Black Raspberry Preserves and the ratio would be 1 part peanut butter and 4 parts preserves, between two slices of bread.

23. Where were you on July 4th, 2008?
    Home...and that's my final answer, I have witnesses if I need to testify before a jury. Yes, home, at 11:12 P.M errrr, um, all night[!]....why do you ask?

24. What are your nicknames?
    My dad called me Goomba a lot- or as the Italians' slang may spell it "Goombah" meaning 'friend'.

25. If you could go back in time, how far back would you go?
    Any time during King Henry VIII's era. I'm very fascinated by his historical goings-on. Changing England to suit his flirtations, ladies in waiting, the Queens, the Kings Court, the fashions, why even beheadings and "The Tower".

24 comments :

  1. Thanks for visiting me! I was indeed close to my Dad. We shared a love of motorcycles, Stephen King, and horror films.

    So you look like the sphinx? Well, I think the sphinx looks fabulous. People consider seeing the sphinx to be a lifelong dream, so you must look pretty awesome! ;)

    Sorry to hear of your SIL's tumour. I will remember her in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you on daylight savings time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the concept of daylight savings has always confused me. fortunately we don't do it. and what do you know, i've got me an adult kid too, heee heee. they're pretty useful to have, what, they bring in money, change plugs, replace lightbulbs, only thing, you can't spank them. well, you can, but... i think i'd better keep quiet now..... have a lovely sunday anni!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Henry VIII could be your undoing. Perhaps as an observer but never as a participant! I've always found "off with her head" very final!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep I am sitting here wondering about this DLS time myself. Thanks for visiting me and have a great Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with #17, but nearly cried at #20. I actually didn't cry a tear at my daddy's funeral, I had cried them all out I think.

    Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was very surprised by your time travel answer. It would seem to me that you're a warm weather girl (the sun and wind and all) who is most comfortable in sandals. I assumed all those heavy elaborate dresses and headdresses and gloves and leggings and boots. (Of course, it was more cloudy and damp in England, right?)

    Thanks for visiting my SS and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you on DLS. I hate everything about it. I'll never forget the first time my Kenyan DIL experienced changing the clocks - she thought the world was coming to an end. Who ever heard of such a silly thing?? And this year earlier than ever - it's going to be dark again when we get up. Don't like it.

    I didn't realize you still have family in FC - very close!!

    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're the second person to answer Henry VIII's era.

    And I totally agree with you about Daylight Saving Time.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great answers thanks for visiting my blog today :o) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for stopping by my blog. enjoyed your answers. have a great sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. sorry to hear about your sis in-law. #20 i can see how you cried really hard. sorry.

    Thanks for visiting. I enjoyed reading your great answers. Happy Sunday and have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love 23 and 25, have a great day =)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for visiting me. I agree with you on the DST and must admit that I am a tongue clicker. sorry

    ReplyDelete
  15. I laughed out loud at the Sphinx reference. Sorry about you sister-in-law. That's tough...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sooo, you DO like Daylight Savings Time, or no...Great rant!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You know what? I agree with you on your take on daylight savings time. We do not follow it anyways.

    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anni,

    I enjoyed reading your answers to these questions.

    I would love to go back in time but I would like to visit America either during the American Revolution of the Civil War eras. Either are fascinating to me and I would love to have met Abraham Lincoln.

    Enjoyed my visit. Hope you and Bud had a great Sunday.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for checking out my Sunday Steal Random questions answers!

    You sound like a very nice woman!
    Yes where is my stimulus check too?

    ReplyDelete
  20. All right! Very nice to know someone else is fascinated by King Henry VIII!!

    And, I love your answer to #15. Please.... no more DST!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i don't think you look ancient. in fact when i see your pic i see a lady who is ageing gracefully.

    thanks for visit!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm sorry to hear about your sister-in-law.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog - and say "hi" to Texas for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Have a nice anniversary.
    If I had stayed married the first time today 3/9 would have been my 30th wedding anniversary and I have NO desire to be 18 again.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete

.