my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


It's There, The Rainbow




A jaundiced life pulls you down
Aged rungs of a ladder...
The higher you climb
The harder you fall!

Disproving, opprobrious, cynical
and bitterness...
The decaying spirit
The more you chew
Rot, it intensifies!

Bigoted, blind, warped
and distorted...
Through these eyes
The unseeing, they stumble!

Stand erect and find solace,
Sunrise of a new day...
Your soul's harmony awaits
Seek and find the rainbow!!

Wilting, withering, discolor
and fading...
Once creation of a rose
the petals now are blighted!

Pursue, chase, look high
Look low...
Cheer the day you live
It's there, the rainbow!!




~..."It's There, The Rainbow"
© 2009
Hootin' Anni
written on the spur of the moment
6:15 A.M.
Saturday, March 7th, 2009

12 comments :

  1. aren't you an inspiration this saturday afternoon. thank you anni. you've just reminded me that yes, i am in the rainbow right now. lotsa love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does one write such inspired words "on the spur of the moment?" You are talented, dear Anni. Wonderful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew that you had written that when I first began reading because it sounds like you.
    I feel that way lately. My right knee is going and I can hardly stand, walk or lay down...fun..plus my tooth fell apart this past week and had to go to the dentist...so just falling to pieces here...Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anni,

    Wonderful inspiration for me this morning. You have so many talents. This is such a lovely piece.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful and eloquent words!! I love rainbows too. It's like getting a greeting straight from heaven. :)

    Many sweet blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that picture.

    My brain doesn't work like that on a Saturday morning OR on the spur of the moment.

    Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anni that is just beautiful. Did you capture the picture of the rainbow yourself. Its one of the best I have seen. The colors are so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely sentiment, beautiful words! I so glad I found your place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Evning Anni,
    Such a lovely and beautiful picture you ahve. The poemis nice as well. LIke many have said youare a woman of many talents. "HSNK YOU" for sharing such a beutiful inspiration with us. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May GD Bless you and yours,
    Love,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this personal composition. When things go right for me, I just think that there's a better tomorrow waiting.

    ReplyDelete

.