“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Friday, February 13th, 2009
12:40 A.M.


Join Here

...continued from two weeks ago, and last Friday. The conclusion of my Troll Collection [some 30+ dolls]:

Another of my Halloween Trolls ...green skinned with tattered clothes and black hair. You realize Halloween is a favorite in our house? LOL


Another holiday Troll...this time, Easter. In her Spring Jumper outfit, with paint brush in one hand and decorated Easter egg in the other...decked out in a pink hair bow too!
A dude from Sherwood Forest! Yes, none other than Robin Hood! All decked out in his green satin tights and leather boots. Topped off with his medieval, renaissance tri-cornered hat.
He was a right jolly ol' troll, dressed in red and when he laughed his belly was like a bowl full of jelly! Hi Santa!! Whad'ya bring me?
Of course this section is my Patriots! First, the USMC Corporal Erik...Infantry Division...Camp Pendleton! He's in camouflage khaki's, and going out on maneuvers on his tour of duty!!
What could be more patriotic than "Besty Ross" Troll? She's readying to sew up a flag of the Red White and Blue, gussied up in her July gown. I love her hair!! So American!!!
This one is the smallest of the small trolls! If you notice to the top right side of this photo the small baby boy troll that is about an inch and a half in size...this one Pilgrim is even SMALLER!! In comparison, about the size of an adult thumbnail.
Meet the Bobbsie-Topsie troll twins. Or are they Gemini? Who knows. Only their hairdresser knows for sure. They were sold together. I thought it was a cute idea!
The last couple....here. It's my 'ma and pa', grannie and gramps trolls! Gray hair, cane and vintage style clothes from way back...
These two in this frame are a gift from my father when he was widowed. How else could I end the showing of my troll collection other than something my father bought, as it too was how the beginning of the collection came to be.


...~The End

36 comments :

  1. how i love that multi-coloured hair... have a good friday anni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to drop in and say hi and thank you for visiting my blog and making that nice comment.
    I didn't realize that trolls were such a huge collection item. You have a nice collection with a lot of variety!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda: I didn't realize at first when I was a kid that they'd multiply so in my house....but when I DID see a 'new' one, I had to buy it. Now, I'd love to see more. ::;giggles;::

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blast from the past! I think I have one or two but heaven only knows what happened to them.
    Thanks for stopping by my place and hope you have a great day. I am heading to Fredericksburg Trade Days today.
    Whoo Hoo! Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh..lovely dolls! I have that tiny one with orange hair, I call it "goofy" looking at it makes me happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this brings back memories of my childhood - we all collected them back in the day! What a stunning collection!
    Thanks for popping by my blog!
    See ya soon!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Robin Hood! It's my favourite of all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so cute my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yip, i have, 15 jumps, and it's frikkin amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hootin' Anni2/20/2009

    Shadow: That is astounding!!! You got ovaries girl!!! More power to you....you're too brave.

    ~..Anni

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like Betsey Ross the best☺ Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your collection is very extensive and so varied. How fun to look at them all. Great treat, I had almost forgot about them. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun collection - that teeny, tiny one is amazing!

    Very clever poetry, dear Anni.

    Have a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the Easter one. Thanks for sharing all of them and I hope you have a great weekend.

    Blessings,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am totally lovin those gray haired trolls! Too cute! ~CC Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the one painting the Easter egg. Thanks for sharing. Happy Show and Tell Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very cute collection! I like the Easter one, and Robin Hood. Thank you for sharing the rest of your trolls. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anni,

    I must have been busy yesterday because I never miss your posts, but did catch up and the sheers look wonderful. I can see they let a lot of light into the living room.

    Love your troll collection and it's great that you have those that your father bought for you. Treasures. Things that can never be replaced.

    The cat that Bud is feeding looks like it's in great condition now. I wish people wouldn't put animals out on the street.

    Take care and enjoy your weekend. Talk atcha soon.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. Without a doubt, you have the most extensive and fun troll collection I have ever seen. Thank you for sharing your treasures. They are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your collection made me laugh they have so funny faces and outfits ! I would look at them each morning to put me in a good mood ! Very cute !

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have enjoyed seeing your troll collection, Anni! My favorite is the one with the Easter egg. :0)
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so behind on reading blogs that it is just awful!! I have tried to read and hope that all is well with you and yours!! We are fine here..Today I am 64 already!! Hard to believe that I am that age..I should be 46!! smile!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have enjoyed looking at your collection! Wow, so many:)

    My favorite are the grandpa and granny ones--so cute!

    Linda C

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's quite a collection you've got! I remember these from when I was a kid:)

    Thanks for dropping by my blog this week, too! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a collection you have. I think because I'm so ready for Spring, I like the one holding the Easter egg the best!

    JudyBug

    ReplyDelete
  26. I remember having some of this in junior high and displaying them on my dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great collection!! Brought back some fun childhood memories for me!! We called them Iggies!!

    Have a blessed day!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those are all so cute! I don't think I have seen that many trolls all together. Like I said last time, I just love trolls! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The End? But where will I get my weekly troll fix??

    thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, wow! You have a wonderful collection of trolls! I only have one, with bright pink hair, given to me by my beloved grandparents many years ago. Yours are such fun...I love 'em! And look how cute the grandma and grandpa ones are, with their fluffy grey troll hair! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. cute trolls collection you have! hehehehe.. I love their hair.. scarry look but cute! heheheheh have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Some hair, huh?!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  33. OK, still can't resist laughing at Trolls, and their perpetual Bad Hair Days.
    Love it!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your trolls are just to cute,I remember my daughter having them all over the house when she was little.She loved trolls.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Cool collection. I like the Halloween and Easter one's the most this week.

    ReplyDelete
  36. i still need to pull out my old troll doll and photograph it for you. i love it! it reminds me of a happy time many years ago. thanks for sharing all your troll dolls. i have looked forward to viewing them. lots of fun!

    There is always room for you in The Shadow of the Cross. Feel free to visit anytime.

    ReplyDelete

.