my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Thursday, January 29th, 2009
5:46 A.M.



First off today, let me tell you about a blogger I enjoy visiting. I love her quick wit, her sense of humor and her complete honesty and demeanor. She's a lot of fun...I also must tell you I enjoy Arthur and all her other furbabies' antics. But...now this is something...her online signature is Gattina. And she always signs the comments as such. Her profile name for her blog is Gattina. The other day, as you know about Blogger's security word on some blogs that some have for spam and keeping the robotic comments at bay...let me say some of the words are difficult to decipher and I've had to redo a few because I couldn't tell an "i" from an "l" sometimes. Anyway, here I am, sitting, typing away at composing a comment for someone [I can't remember who it was], but there in front of my face, the security word....



...altho it lacks a 2nd 't' it was just too darned close to not get a screenshot of if and share it. Especially with Gattina. I do hope she drops by today. That one was more fun than a barrel of monkeys! You don't think our dear blogger is trying to take possession of our psyche do you? Where IS SHE, anyway? [insert me looking over my shoulder] Is she here?


- - -

Then, I thought I'd share a little tidbit about how to go about the character map you may not know of having on your computer. It's been posted on my sidebar for many months now, but I don't know how often anyone would actually take time to read my tidbits. So, try this; nifty!! Following the pink arrows
    1] Go to the "Start" icon, click on it.


    2] Find "Programs" and click on it


    3] Find "Accessories", click on it


    4] Find "System Tools", click on it


    5] Find "Character Map", click on it


    6]This will load...the Character Map--


    7] Use scroll bar to the right, and find the character you wish to use, DOUBLE CLICK ON IT...you'll then notice that it shows in the bar below:




    <——scroll bar on map, not your browser







    8] Once the character is chosen by double clicking it, you then submit to copy by clicking on the "Copy" button to the right of the map.


    9] The last step...where you want the character to be in your blog post or document....Say I want the copyright symbol to show at the end of this text...I'd go through the steps above and then "PASTE" by right clicking my mouse at this post as follows: ©




    YOU'RE DONE! Publish your blog post, or save document. The copyright character [or any you choose] remains in the text.


    <><><>



    Storyteller sent me an award in the email. One I had missed from her blog. She writes: "5. Hootin' Anni - always keeps me thinking and entertained with her well written posts ... amazed at her wonderful graphics!" Wow...thank you so much for the great compliments...AND for the wonderful award. Much appreciated.

    - - -



    And, Toni Lee...she sent me to pick up an award from her too. She posted in my comments that it was healthy for me. I found this: Blogger Toni Lee said...

    "I have something for you and it's not fattening...0cal...0carb..0fat.
    Stop by and pick it up."

    It's delicious!! And yes...healthy and oh "so sweet of you" to share it with me. Thank you so much.


    <><><>

    And last but not least, Jen @ Jen's Chronicles has awarded me with a couple of wonderful accolades!! I thank you so much dear lady for thinking of me. You always bring some sunshine my way. And for that, I am very grateful.



    Jen also tagged me:
      Here are the rules of the game:

      Link to the person who tagged you.

      Share six random things about yourself.

      Tag six people and let them know they are tagged on their own blog.

      Feel free to play the way you want.


    Here are my six things:
    1] I love deviled eggs
    2] I secretly feed a neighborhood cat
    3] I love fast cars
    4] My popcorn MUST have butter! [I think I've posted this before]
    5] I love tea...hot tea, and ICED tea.
    6] For the first six years of my life I was hospitalized ---off and on, like two or three times a year...A LOT!!


23 comments :

  1. Congrats on your awards sweetie. Thanks for sharing your wisdom, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That is too funny about gatinas! I've had similar things come up randomly before - just a word association thing or something -- but I've never had a friends NAME yet! I hope she stops by too! She'll LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post as usual.... Thanks for the heads up on characters and all. Your awards were really nice... I always say they make you feel good to get them. And it is always fun getting to know our bloggin buddies better...

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the post...but I want to know where you get the PINK Arrows with the handy VOILA :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you know you deserve all those awards.

    And Gattina is great, isn't she? That word recognition thing was freaky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha ! I couldn't believe it that's really too funny ! Did you know that Gattina means kitty in Italian ?
    I also read that you secretly feed a neighborhood cat ? I think you can do this in public as long as it is not the neighbor himself !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have wondered how to get the characters here in blogger. I have gone to Word and cut and pasted them in the past - a hassle. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gattina: Yes, I did know that Gattina means cat in Italian. As is Gato in Spanish which is quite similar. I've taken a few languages in studies, and I love it.

    ~Anni

    ReplyDelete
  9. How very cool, I will be coming back by to write those instructions down when I have a little more time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anni,

    So gatina came up in word verification. That is funny. I also have noticed odd words coming up in word verification. Maybe blogger is trying to take control of our psyche. It was freaking me out the other day.

    Thanks for the lesson. That is interesting as sometimes I do want to use the copyright symbol. Very interesting.

    We didn't get the ice storm and that made me very happy. It's not bad driving in snow. Hubby has Tiger Paws (snow tires) on the van and I didn't have any problems in the snow storm yesterday, but ice is an entirely different story.

    Take care, my friend and have a wonderful day.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha, soon we'll walk around with Tattoo's that says Gattina too ;-)

    I love Arthur, he is my favorite cat. Soooo cool!

    You wondered where I've been and the answer is: on a Tenerife island trip and then have had the flu too, so slowly recovering from it. Not so much energy to visit blogs unfortunately.

    OH, and I love your heartly Valentine blog layout!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for sharing that tip! I learn something new every day. You are so kind to share your 'secrets' with others.
    I'm doing a little blogkeeping myself in the awards department. I have one for you over at my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gday Dear Anni,, We are not to old to live and learn everyday ill try out your tips after all my family go home..lol at Gatina comming up in verifaction.. I love visiting her blog,,I cant go without my morning cuppa..Phheww we are sweltering the temp reached 43.2c=109.5f and at midnight it was still 35c=94f This morning at 10 am its already 38c=100f oboy another exteme day....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok, Annie, you know I'm totally computer inapt when it comes to such things. I'll try it sometime. Why can't I copy and paste from your site. In other places I can. Just a question.

    Love the random list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an informative post! Wish you were here to teach me how to put photos on my header. I'll have to try that character map sometime. I still don't understand what it actually does, but guess I need to check it out!

    Yes, that word showing up in Word Verification was weird! Who would have thought??? LOL

    I just had to go back and look at your kitties' pics!!! I am a sucker when it comes to cats!


    Thanks for the lesson today!

    ((( HUGS )))

    ReplyDelete
  16. P.S. And congrats on the awards!!!

    ((( HUGS )))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the rewards!

    We agree: My popcorn must be saturated, even drenched, in butter...so bad and yet soooo good!

    HAHA About the word verification...that's cool that it was so close to her name! I've had some interesting ones lately that are very close to real words and I'll let whoever I've posted to know what they say. I think it's a fun thing to add to a post!

    *spooky* I was just thinking yesterday about how I might be able to put small symbols into my posts or blog and there you tell mee how today! Sadly I tried the steps, but it wouldn't paste what I had copied. Will have to play with this more.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, just stopping in to say Hello! I been away from Blogland this past week. I love butter popcorn, hot, iced tea and deviled eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is so cool about "gatinas" showing up as the security word! lol Just the other day I got a security code I'd never seen before...it was all numbers! Have you ever seen that before? Usually it's always letters.

    I actually found the Character Map by accident one day a few months ago! lol Had no idea how to use it though so thank you for the walk through:-)

    Congratulations on all the well deserved awards, dear Anni! Like you, I HAVE to have butter on my popcorn or I won't eat it. hehe xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. O.k. here's my contribution for a real giggle and future post. It's lost in the comments section and I can't use it on my blog so I'm willing it to you Anni.

    Subject: IRS notice to Atheists Claiming Non-Prophet Status

    CREATIVE PUNS FOR "EDUCATED MINDS”:

    1. The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.

    2. I thought I saw an eye doctor on an Alaskan island, but it turned out to be an optical Aleutian .

    3. She was only a whiskey maker, but he loved her still.

    4. A rubber band pistol was confiscated from algebra class because it was a weapon of math disruption.

    5. The butcher backed into the meat grinder and got a little behind in his work.

    6. No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.

    7. A dog gave birth to puppies near the road and was cited for littering.

    8. A grenade thrown into a kitchen in France would result in Linoleum Blownapart.

    9. Two silk worms had a race. They ended up in a tie.

    10. Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

    11. A hole has been found in the nudist camp wall. The police are looking into it.

    12. Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

    13. Two hats were hanging on a hat rack in the hallway. One hat said to the other, 'You stay here; I'll go on a head.'

    14. I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

    15. A sign on the lawn at a drug rehab center said: 'Keep off the Grass.'

    16. A small boy swallowed some coins and was taken to a hospital. When his grandmother telephoned to ask how he was, a nurse said, 'No change yet.'

    17. A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.

    18. It's not that the man did not know how to juggle, he just didn't have the balls to do it.

    19. The short fortune-teller who escaped from prison was a small medium at large.

    20. The man who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran.

    21. A backward poet writes inverse.

    22. In democracy it's your vote that counts. In feudalism it's your count that votes.

    23. When cannibals ate a missionary, they got a taste of religion.

    24. Don't join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Here Kitty, here Kitty, Kitty! That was Dave Letterman's call to his Italian cat, Gattalina tonight.

    I cracked your code:

    ♥--♥----------♥--♥

    ♥no♥anhedonias♥us♥

    Is there a prize?

    Your procedure to get the ⓒ symbol is fine. Mine is easier.

    I go to my Google Toolbar on another Web Page, type in 'copyright symbol' and 'enter.'

    The second reference contains the sympbol I want ( ⓒ ), I highlight it (control 'c'), go back to the text where I want it and paste it (control 'v'). There is is.

    I also use this for the "°" symbol for 81°F which it was yesterday before it cooled off. :-) ♥ ♥ ♥
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  22. the internet is a weird random thing...

    well done on your lemonade award. you are a prime candidate for it too!

    oh, and what's not to love about fast cars, heee heee heee. or buttered popcorn for that matter....

    ReplyDelete
  23. ♥I think Gattina's blogs are wonderful too♥

    Thanks for sharing about the character map. I seem to recall checking it out before, but as with most things ... it's use it or lose it for me. Perhaps now I'll remember? ☺
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete

.