my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



Sunday, January 11th, 2009
6:20 A.M.


Unconscious Mutterings, Cleaning, Home, Football, and washing Bud's Balls today!



Play along with your subconscious; Sunday's Word Association.
Join here.

I say ... and you think ... ?

1. Resolution :: Declaration of Independence
2. Break :: rest period
3. Tied :: in knots
4. Suffering :: succotash [Sylvester cartoon]
5. Instead :: of
6. Divorce :: marriage
7. Slash :: From Guns N Roses [okay, so I LIKE him! sue me. lol]
8. Cough :: Phlem
9. Happy :: Dance
10. Sniffle :: Sob; wimper




~end Unconscious Mutterings
[comment HERE if you'd like to skip the rest of today's blogging]






<><><>

FOOTBALL: My second favorite sport is football. American football of course. And y'all know I'm a Denver Bronco fan. But a 2nd of three teams I follow, is the Arizona Cardinals! Why of course it's another state I lived in!! Thing is, they're not that super. But this year? Whoa Nelly! They're in the playoff games for a chance to go to the Super Bowl. And last night's game? Oh my goodness. They really stomped some major butt! I have a thing for the quarterback too. Since Elway has retired, Kurt Warner is now my favorite active quarterback. In fact, I've always liked him. Besides he's eye candy if you want my opinion. You don't think I watch football for the 'sport' do you? rofl!! Anyway, they won last night. 33-13! And they said it couldn't be done! Ha! Guess they showed them thar Panthers now, didn't they?

The Cardinals have never made a Super Bowl game. And they are the oldest franchise in America [football]. The last victory in a playoff championship was in 1947 -- years before the Super Bowl even existed! I think it's their time!!!


SPRING CLEANING: No...for us here it's not too early to do some Spring Cleaning. You see, by the end of next month, it's going to start getting hot and humid! We don't have much of a winter around here. We go from Christmas to spring like weather in a blink of an eye. While you all have snow days and blizzard conditions in the North, our winter is perhaps balmy to you. Our low temps at night rarely get below 45-50 degrees Fahrenheit. And the temperatures begin to climb to a nice warm comfortable 70-80 degrees by the end of January. Oh don't get me wrong, there CAN be some nasty winter storms...but it's more likely just heavy rains. No snow! [YAY!!]

Anyway, it all started with the cleaning of the coat closet. We've now finished the master bath and walk in closet. The master bedroom [except for new curtains...which I want to still do soon--but it's a long drug out process trying to find something that will go with the dark plum colored walls!] The day before, we both worked on the living room. Bud did the vaulted wood ceiling with English Wood oil, and the huge ceiling fan/light while I cleaned out the entertainment center and dusted each and every album [the old ones...33 1/3 rpms and 45s]....each cassette tape [yes, I still have them!!---100s], and CDs. On the other side of the entertainment center, I pulled out and liquidated some of the VHS and DVDs...dusted each individual one and arranged them alphabetically. We have 100s of those too! The walls were cleaned, the frames around the pictures were dusted and the glass cleaned...even down to the window sills...I refinished those...the cats scratch the wood and they needed a repair job...quick and easy with the Old English Wood Liquid!! Being that the living room was finished partly after Christmas when I took all the decorations down, that job was easily done in a day.

Yesterday, we moved to the dining room. Same thing here...Bud did the high work, scrubbing the light fixtures and the venetian blinds; while I cleaned the fish net curtains [the whole room is nautical], wall fixtures, tables and seashells...scrubbing them too...things like that. Both of us worked on the hutch...interior and exterior. We liquidated a lot there; getting rid of some glassware that hasn't been used in years. And the room sparkles!! I even washed Bud's Balls!!! [insert wink here!]

You see, as I mentioned above, the theme is nautical. We have fish net for curtains [see photo above]. I know, I know, it sounds odd, but it isn't all that bad. With everything being 'seaworthy', it really fits in with the decorum. The netting is swagged like any drapery...and I used for tie backs the nautical 'witch's balls'...the "bobbers" they use for nets/shrimpboats. I soaked them and I scrubbed them to a new shine! See?--------



Of course they have to be red and green...for port and starboard sides of the windows. Yep, I washed Bud's Balls. And had a blast!!!

36 comments :

  1. OMG! I completely forgot Slash of GnR. I was a big fan of their group back in the mid-90's when I was in high school. I <3 Axl Rose back then. Where are they anyway?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd forgotten, too, about suffering succotash! Great answer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh succotash is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. slash, axl rose, gimme guns 'n roses any day. the bean's learnt about 4 of their songs already and i'm so glad to have a partner in crime in my house now (hubby doesn't like them, go figure?).

    aren't you a busy girl. but winter's sure the right time for spring cleaning. so many days of not wanting to venture outside, makes sense to do it now. now here's a question for you. why do they call it spring cleaning???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suffering succotash is great!

    Go EAGLES! Philly girl transplanted in Orlando here!

    I have some of the bobbers from a trip to Nova Scotia with my parents when I was a teen. One of the things I have held on to and cherished for years as it was such a memorable trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anni,

    I haven't heard suffering succotash in years and will have to use that one on the boys. They will freak as they already tell me I talk in an old fashioned Irish accent. LOL

    I love your fishnet curtains and Bud's balls are exquisite. ;-) I've seen those glass balls and they are awesome...definitely collectors items. They cost a fortune here.

    Great job doing your spring cleaning. I can just see the sparkle in your home. Take today to rest a bit.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Anni... Great answers... I also love football... Pro & College and look at you all that cleaning you are doing... Washing balls LOL LOL I have a few of the witches balls too... Of course they too are in storage... I got mine up in Cape Cod. That is where a lot of my family lives... and where we went every summer when I was a child. Have a blessed day...

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Nice answers! I enjoyed reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so amazed at your spring housecleaning - way to go! I may tackle a little of that myself, today. The thing is that it's so beautiful outdoors that I keep thinking I should put off the indoor work (organizing yarn & fabric & books) and just go to the beach. I guess that's one thing to be said for a northern winter: snow days are perfect opportunities for doing the chores. Loved your UM responses - esp. Sufferin' Succotash

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heh, I do love me some Sylvester! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my how busy you and Bud have been. Thanks for the smile , had me for a moment when you washed Bud's balls.
    How lucky to go from Christmas to spring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Da puddy-tat told me to say mine's up....gatta' luv Sylvester!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whew ... you n' Bud make me pooped out, just reading about your cleaning. (As dust bunnies frolick across this desk!)

    I'm sure heartened by your thumb's up for the Cardinals, Anni ... we need all the positive-ity you can muster :)

    I've a funny (albeit 2nd-hand) story re. Slash for you ... off-the-record, if you want to "e" me at mwm387@cox.net.

    Have yourselves a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun. I'm loving the Mutterings this week.....

    We matched on 7 & 8.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great UM response to "Slash"! I like him to and I still listen to their music!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL Slash! I so love him too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my giddy aunt (I'm British...sorry about that... perhaps that's a strange expression)... you have an amazing blog!!!

    Been reading through it. Your HTML and CSS stuff amazes me. I posted a while ago that I was learning some HTML and felt terribly pleased with myself... but you are something else!!!

    Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, and your UMs were MUCH better than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Blessings to you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  20. As always, you gave great answers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like your answers! Especially #4 and 9.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I must admit I did a bit of a double take when I read your headline - too funny! What an ambitious duo you have been. I hate hate deep cleaning, but it desperately needs to be done!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Slash too.

    Ok, curious. My book giveaway. You mentioned you had the book. I'm dying to know how you ran across it. It is my BIL's book and not many people have read it. I'm trying to help pump it up. I would love to hear about how you came across it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow you have been busy. I've been trying to get up the courage to clean he windows. They really really need it.
    How about those Cardinals. I can't believe the game next week will be in Glendale. Wouldn't it be great if they could make it to the Super Bowl. It is within the realm of possibility.
    Have a good week and don't work too hard.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  25. hello
    you must have been really busy with all those.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anni,I did my You say I think on my site.I'de like to know what you think of my answers.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great post -- I waited until after I had done mine before reading yours. We didn't match on any. Your were better answers on a couple, I just put down what popped into my head.

    The offer still stands for you come do my *spring* cleaning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Suffering succotash - I missed that one :o)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great mutterings, as usual. ^_^ I really like your answer to #9.
    Thanks for dropping by my place.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Anni,

    You can come to my house next and do my Spring cleaning. You have been working hard getting your house all clean and sparkling.

    I hope you have a good week, Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I had to take my mind out of the gutter when I read that you were washing Bud's balls. Sigh...you would think at my age I wouldn't need to do that but alas, I do.

    I have lots of projects to accomplish this winter and I hope I can be as ambitious as you.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the suffering succotash! Wish I'd thought of that! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I like yours this week Anni. Slash.....like him too!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Dunno how I missed your mutterings yesterday ... but I love your response to #4 ... it's just PURR-fect ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  35. Whew, I'm sure glad you explained about Bud's balls! LOL Sounds like you and Bud have really been cleaning up a storm but doesn't it feel good afterward, knowing that everything is clean?!! I did all my cupboards today, as well as my hutch and barrister bookcase...like you, I got rid of a whole bunch of glasses that I hadn't used in years. Started on my pantry but the rest can wait until tomorrow, I'm too pooped to continue tonight:-)

    I wish we could have Spring like weather over here! Tomorrow it's supposed to go down to -20F so that will be the coldest yet this year. Hibernation sounds better and better every day!!!! lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete

.