my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Thursday 13 below my health update.

Well, my 1st annual follow-up from my heart ablation at the end of September of last year is over. After doing an EKG and many other tests, I got a good report! I asked several questions and he answered them thoroughly...I like this guy. That is saying a whole heckuva lot if you want to really know. I told him I didn't like my other cardiologist after so many bad side effects from Lisinopril and he doing nothing to change and me ending up in ER...that he said he understood. He then didn't degrade the former cardiologist, nor did he pressure me in any way to get a new one. Giving me a 'good to go' and 'good to do', I'm feeling mighty fine. I pray it continues to be good for me. He also told me to get my cholesterol down...well, I had to explain to him [since he knows the list of medications I'm taking] that I got my cholesterol down WITHOUT any prescription drugs. He was amazed and very pleased!! As I am. Too, I hope I can continue to do so, tho I must confess I ate red meat a couple of times. Which I vowed not to do again. I felt relieved that all was well with my ticker! I feel now that it's not a time bomb waiting to go off...[tho in the back of my head I do know that I'll always be a 'high risk' patient]. If all goes well, I don't need to return for another year. And my Primary Care Physician only wants to see me for picking up my blood work papers if I continue to feel well. That says a lot to me also. I'm happy with the outcome.

<><><>







edition #83




[click to play a short 'tribal beat' for ambiance!]




...and here she is again!!! I love humor, I love joking, I love laughter. Hope you will too. My thirteen this week comes from a wise ol' lady named Jefé [pronounced HEH fay in Spanish slang - meaning 'boss or chief', being in this case, a "chieftress" but I like Jefé - you guessed it, I really DO have chin whiskers'] These are thirteen[?] tried and true living experiences from the aged one with her keen perception on life-------



1] Noah kept his bees in archives!

2] Part-time bandleaders semi-conductors.

3] Think about it: Pilots take crash-courses; it's called simulation.

4] Speaking of pilots, getting off a non-stop flight would be a challenge.

5] I 've, in all my years, not seen a toad use his stool yet.

6] For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.

7] Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

8] Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. Trust me.

9] The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

10] A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

11] Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

12] After driving in Texas, I'm convinced that if you line up all the cars in the world end to end, someone licensed in this state would be stupid enough to try and pass them.

13] Just seeing if you're paying attention!!! Oh....sorry, my last bit of knowledge is: A man who walks sideways will get to Bangkok!

46 comments :

  1. LOL These are great! Thanks for the laughs, (Glad yer ticker got a thumbs up)
    Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last one was a winner! I know a few places besides Texas where this rule would apply (smile).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to receive a good report!! Thanks so much with your help today!! It looks good. I changed my background once again so it is not so busy..looks better..thanks..at least I was doing it right..SMILE!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great Anni! Thanks for the smiles, and I'm happy to hear you got good news at your check-up! Thanks for stopping by and happy TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved these, even though I winced at the last one :-)
    Here's to your continued good health.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news on the heart front!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the funnies for some reason #& made me hoot and laugh outloud

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praise God for a good medical report my friend, that makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to hear heart is doing good. I was on lisinopril for my heart and it gave me a hacking cough. They did change your medication, right. I'm on cozaar now and I haven't had any side affects from it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny and cute list. I enjoyed it. Thanks for the laugh. Also, thanks for the heads up that my link was wrong for my TT. That would of been a wasted TT this week. I really appreciate your kindness. Take care and Happy TT to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No. 3 is exactly why my feet stay on the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I needed the laugh from your thirteen. I am also glad you are in really good health and enjoying life.

    Sorry I have not visited for a while.

    Love and Hugs,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  13. #12 is so TRUE!!!!

    I am moving back to California in 10 days so my TT is 13 Good and Bad Things About Moving

    ReplyDelete
  14. #7 reminds me of an apron I gave to my sister - "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think!

    SJR
    The Pink Flamingo

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great TT and you have a happy one! I think your good report is great. And btw, do not feel guilty for eating red meat. It is not food that kills us. It is overdoing a good thing. People 50 and over can eat red meat once a week - just make sure it is very lean and no more than 3 or 4 ounces.

    What kills us is fast food and worry. So be happy and I am happy about your great report. Way to go!

    My TT is up at 13 Christmas Gifts for our Muslim Friends

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL...now thats funny:) Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you're doing well. Great T13 list.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the good report......good for you! Your list is fun to read and I laughed out loud at a couple of them..... You have a blessed Thanksgiving and I pray that you and your family have a day full of fun and laughter and blessings.........

    ReplyDelete
  19. You made me smile on two accounts. 1. Your health sounds much better and 2. Your TT was funny.

    Mine will be up at 6:30 AM. Stop by -- it's a short read, but mildly humorus.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on your medical exam...it's so nice to hear good news from a doctor.

    And thanks for the thirteen giggles...they made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. When you have your health you have everything. I'm glad you received a good report.

    ReplyDelete
  22. goodie, goodie, goodie! you're healthy!!!!! look after yourself. and thank you for the giggles. that was goooood.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the laughs. Those were great.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You always come out with the best posts. I like number 11 about success and failure. Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ha! Very funny stuff!

    Glad you're in good health now! How'd you get your cholesterol down naturally? Especially if I can't give up the red meat :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey Anni
    Big congrats on your health results.
    Way way back when we talked about cholestorol "I knew you would, and I knew you could !!!!" So proud of you, you are my hero in the way of being persistent, and when you set your mind to something, you stick to it
    "Du er den bedste" in every way
    Mutti

    ReplyDelete
  27. I lol'd at these. :]

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are so funny! I was paying attention! Glad your ticker is great! Thats takes a lot of stress away by its self!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those were great!!! Isn't it always true we can fail so well in front of others and no one ever sees our victories.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love, love #7. It'll keep me smiling all day.

    ReplyDelete
  31. funny! I enjoyed the chuckles.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very funny! # 7 is my favorite.

    Glad you are feeling positive about your health report.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh, you are so funny! Is Jefe an alter-ego or a real person? (Sometimes I am dense!)

    Thanks for sharing the list!

    God bless!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  34. Those are hilarious! I love Jefe!

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congratulations on your positive checkup. Thanks for the chuckles ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a great list for T 13. I'll have to remember a few of these.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Those were great, Anni! Gave me a good chuckle. :) Also glad to hear about your good health report.

    Stop by and visit mine when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh I'm so glad you got good news from the doctor and I'm also happy you like your doctor that you have now! Keep up the great work on keeping yourself healthy!

    Your Thursday Thirteen was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Glad about the positive medical report!!
    Simply loved your T13, particularly the one about supporting bacteria, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  40. You must be very relieved to have a clean bill of health. I like your list, good fun. #7 Is so true...LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great List! LOL very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  42. You are a hoot -- just like your title promised!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thanks for making me laugh today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh Anni, I was so happy to read that your health report was a great one!! GOOD FOR YOU!!! It also helps when you have a doctor that you can talk to and that will answer all your questions.

    Laughed so much at the 13 ageless tips, too funny:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

.