my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds





Join Here

Two parts today--

I found this tea-for-one set at a 2nd hand store when I took a donation in to drop it off. I had to walk through the store, back to the room where you leave your donations. I spied it by the door, sitting pretty on a shelf close by. Being that it was orange with black trim...my Halloween-active mind went into action. Of course the first thing I thought of was a jack-o-lantern, and the possibilities of turning it into just that for the month of October. So I bought it for $1.99!! And my trusty little box of paints came out when I got it home. I washed and dried the pieces and then set out to turn it into a pumpkin decoration. With my newspaper covering the work bench and my brushes readied, I turned the tea cup section upside down and got my black gloss ceramic paints out and then filled my paint brush to where I could 'drizzle' the black gloss along the bottom edge, having the paint overrun and creep down the sides. I then put that aside to allow it to dry, while beginning on the tea pot section. Taking the paint brush I drew a primitive couple of eyes and nose. And putting that aside to dry. Once all that was thoroughly dried, I then turned the cup right side up and etched with the paint brush a jack-o-lantern mouth. Allowed time for it all to dry completely overnight. This is the end result. And no, I don't have a kiln, so being that it's painted with toxic paints, it will not be used for anything but decoration. The following two larger photos show where it's placed. On the same table with my orange webbing, bead-filled apothecary jars and my alien skull; day time photo and night time photos, with light in the skull illuminated for y'all....

- - -




- - -

That very day, on the same shelf this tea-for-one was displayed, I picked up a ceramic witch too. It was chipped at a few parts, but being that I have a lot of craft supplies at home [also used to fill nail holes in the wall when hanging pictures are moved], I have this huge box of plaster. And with this plaster I knew I could repair the chipped areas of the witch and mix up some matching paint to make it look as good as new. Now, mind you, I am a shop-a-holic- when it comes to Halloween things. I've even searched on ebay. And the exact piece that was at the 2nd hand store that I bought for $2.00 sells for nearly $40 sometimes when the bidding goes wild [as I've realized that some bidders go berserk! LOL, but there is one of the same as I type this on ebay search under ceramic halloween witches, the beginning bid is $12] In any case, I will show you this now, in the 2nd part of the Show n Tell...


There were a few places that were chipped, but repairable. I filled in the chips with plaster, let it dry, and then painted with the closest match of paint I could mix together. After that was all dried, I then coated the entire piece with the clear cover that has 'sparkles' mixed in [if you enlarge the left photo you can see the 'sparkles'. This is the end result...



~...end Show N Tell
[comment here if you'd like to skip the Halloween Treats]

<><><>

And finally, the Halloween Treats:

All righty then, for today's trick or treaters, I've started using this new 'treat' for the week. I'm handing them out for commentors to my blog who leave ME treats this month with their kind words. Don't be dismayed, I plan on handing them out daily. Only take them if your name appears for the day---

So, check back often, you're name may show up here!
To begin my traditional fun, as I love Halloween, today the trick 'r' treaters are:

Katherine
EarthMommy
Michelle
Elizabeth
Jho

And the treat this week will be:

When your name appears above, if you'd like to save this, click on it to enlarge...you'll then be able to grab the treat and run! Happy October, Happy Halloween.

53 comments :

  1. Wow that teapot looks wonderful ! what a good idea ! You know you are a terrible girl you "infected" me with your Halloween spirit ! To the amazement of my neighbors and friends I decorated my house too ! Mr. Gattino is watching me with suspicious eyes, but I think he likes it too, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your witch!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The teapot is really nice! Your mind really works fast......

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very talented you are and resourceful...I'm amazed at all your graphics and know how....

    Blessings....Betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi thanks for stopping by. I see you to are into the reuse for green day. I love to find things and put them back to use. I love your pumpkin kettle the most. Oh what fun. Have a great day my friend

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a terrific idea for that tea-for-one set, Anni. It looks great and I just love the witch...as I've said before and will say again, you are just one very talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,Anni you are very talented and creative too, I salute you Happy Friday..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gday Dear Anni.You are very Talented to be able to look at something so simple as a teapot and turn it into a lovely decoration .
    You are an artist at work....{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. JanMary, N Ireland10/10/2008

    Great finds, and how talented you are to be able to fix up the chips too.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That teapot is adorable! I love one that I have (not Halloween) and use it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great finds and you have re-worked the teapot beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cute little teapot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! That is an awesome repair job you did! I would never now that it had been chipped! I liked your Jack-o-lantern teapot. You are definitely creative, you obviously have a wonderful eye and great vision!

    I shared some of my Fall decor today!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love, love the pumpkin teapot! Thanks for the graphic treat. Saving the Milky Way Bar for you. : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's great how you transformed the tea for one set!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an eye for bargains and what you can do with them. You could never tell that the witch was ever chipped. The tea for one pot turned out adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You knew I would love that tea pot! LOL! Very cute Annie! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love what you did to the teapot! What a talent!! So cute:) Thanks for visiting me- stop by anytime!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi!
    Loved all your Treats! They are cute...really liked that teapot re-do! Take Care!!

    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is a very cute idea! I'm going to be on the look out for some for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How crafty that you could see jack-o-lantern in that tea pot! AND then made it happen! You are very crafty (smile), the witch is cool, and I love the light up head! Makes that new teapot/jack-o-lantern glow!!! Thanks for sharing your Halloween Spirits today!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are just too clever!
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  23. So are you fond of Halloween? :)
    I like what you did with the teapot. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  24. how creative! i like how you turned the found object into a jackolantern-maybe you could place a small chunk of dry ice in it on halloween- then the 'smoke' could emit from the spout. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ewwwwww, Gail! That is one super idea!

    ~Anni

    ReplyDelete
  26. I appreciate your craftiness! So nice that you got your decorations at a good price and fixed them up so well.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love that teapot Anni! Thanks for teh Halloween treat! I'm weak when it comes to treats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. No Way!! : ) You won't believe this, but I posted a teapot make-over a couple of weeks ago. Mine is titled, "A bit of whimsy".

    I LOVE yours!!
    M.L. @ the house of whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Well now, you're amazing! Love what you did with the tea for one - that came out really cute!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  30. How fun to see more of your Halloween decorations here today. You really DO love this holiday, don’t you and you're so clever with the way you use and create things ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anni,

    You are a talented woman. I love the jack-o-lantern teapot. Your creativity is astounding. I LOVE it!!

    And that witch... she is delightful. I wish I had your talent for decorating.

    I certainly enjoyed your show and tell today. You did a great job and the price was perfect. Have a wonderful day.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the header and your r very Creative, love your show and tell. mishelle

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you so much for the treat! I also love what you did with the teapot/cup. It is adorable. You are so very talented!

    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Anni Your tea pot/jackolantern is so adorable!! I loved it!!

    In case you have one of those dealie bobs that tells how many times someone is at your blog, I have been here a few times today!!!!

    I was so proud of me! Yesterday I worked on my side bar and some how I messed up my list of Bloggers over 50!

    All the names gone! I thought I would have to ask Karen to help me fix it but I don't, Now!!

    I clcked on your bloggers over 50 icon and then I copied and pasted in the java script. It worked when I put in the side bar deal.

    I know for people who know all about computers this isn't hard but to me that I figured out how to do it makes me feel independent!!! That feels good!! Hugs. Grams

    ReplyDelete
  35. Boo! Your Halloween treasures are wonderful. Love your teapot! Very cute!

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  36. You, Miss Anni, are a *crafty* one. :) Have a good evening.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love your Halloween decorations! They're so unique and special!! The tea pot is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. that teapot is way cute! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  39. You sure are handy gal! :) Thanks for sharing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love that teapot.

    ReplyDelete
  41. You are so creative. I love the pumpkin teapot and your graphics are really sweet! Thanks for visiting Borrowed Freedom.

    Blessings,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love the creativity and the design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love what you did with the tea-for-one! It is perfect with your collection!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hello Anni!

    It's getting pretty spooky over here! LOL...you are all ready for the big halloween day! Your tea for one is awesome! what a great find :)

    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Kathi :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Oooooh how I love what you did with that teapot!! Leave it to you to think of making it into a Halloween teapot!! lol Such a great job you did on repairing that witch and the price sure was right. I know what you mean about the bidding on ebay, it gets ridiculous at times. I so love all your Halloween decorations:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  46. I bet all the children love to come to your house for trick or treat!! I love what you have done to the tea pot in one. Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  47. hello Anni thanks for the treat, love the yellow tea pot. Happy Halloween! enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thanks for the treat, I to new to blogging to know how get my treat and run.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love your Tea For One set! To cute.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Ooh...I love what you did with that little teapot, Anni! The jack 'o lantern face is perfect!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  51. Thanks for the treat and helping me get it to my blog

    ReplyDelete
  52. wow! You are such a great artist!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Well this is a great halloween post and blog you have fixed it all up with the colours I love and the much fun too!

    Thinking You had been lost to me since I changed my blog but here you are all safe and sound back were I can read you!! (spooky!!!!)

    love being here!!! From Lee-ann

    ReplyDelete

.