* * * These three photos are just inside the County Courthouse - taken while I was on jury duty just a few days ago. This is the main 'central courtroom' where we all convene to see what trial [if any] we will have to sit on as a juror.
Woah - how original for a courthouse! I would've never guessed. I get a feeling of freedom....but, w8. You were there to sit on a jury. Not much choice in that matter! Happy WW and thx for your visit. p.s. love the little bugs *giggling*
And thanks for your help with my blog roll. You're not stalking me! LOL! I clicked on your link to add you to my Google Reader - nothing. Then I tried following your latest suggestion to add you to my blog list, and since you’re not in my Goggle Reader, I couldn’t add you that way, either.
And btw: I don’t use Google Reader. I have an account because I treid it once. But this new Blogger feature works really well for me. Well, except that I can’t get YOUR site added!
Computers: grrrr. Or perhaps I should put it this way… my lack of computer skill: grrrr.
Nah – I like being mad at the computer better! ;-)
Those are such interesting shots. I also never would have guessed it was a courthouse. They are all great but I particularly love how you caught the reflection of the flag in the second shot where you zoomed in on the birds. Very cool.
Hello! Just wanted to drop in and say Hi, thanks for visiting my blog today...it's fun to have a wordless wednesday partner in crime! Great pics! Monica
How many Cadillacs had to die to produce that last sculpture?
Seriously though, it's a very striking series. And at least they give you something nice to look at while you're waiting. Nothing like the drab all-business look of the Wake Co. (NC) courthouse.
Our local courthouse has no interesting decor like yours does! lol I just love the Texas Longhorns, how awesome it is!! I'm really glad that you weren't called in to serve, much rather have you blogging! hehe xoxo
Hoot!!!!!!! I am just now finding where you tagged me!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooooooooo sorry..... it has been such a crazy three weeks...... but I am going to catch up I promise..........:)
Hey Anni, I like your court house pictures. I guess the pigeons can come in (or are they gulls?). I like the long horn skulls too, I don't remember any with the horns on or put on. I have a regular cow skull. Happy WW! You might want to check out our new-to-us poodle dog, Katrin. I think she is a keeper. Anyway, we have to keep her, she was willed to us. .. BTW, I grew up on a farm outside podunk Nebraska towns, Tekamah and Herman. :-) ..
that's an airy courtroom! with sunlight steaming through the skylight, i think it helps psychologically prepare the jurors for their task... and the bulls are aptly named --- longhorns!!!
Ohhhhhhh! I just got a picture of a big flag like that the other night too! When we were at Mortons! I love that - especially with the birds... very pretty!
Wonderful photos ... and marvelous reminder to take my camera with me when I go somewhere the way I did once upon a time ... years ago. Hugs and blessings,
These are lovely shots. I love the long-horns. They are very Georgia O'Keefe looking. Hope jury duty was interesting. Long time since I last served, but I always found the process fascinating and inspiring in a frustrating and annoying kind of way.
Beautiful shots for your WW ! I am in Eastbourne (UK) at the coast for a week with my adorable friends, he had already prepared his computer for me ! yesterday I took 3 h to see London again and I can tell you there was a terrible crowd of tourists at the Buckhingham palace !!
* * * These three photos are just inside the County Courthouse - taken while I was on jury duty just a few days ago. This is the main 'central courtroom' where we all convene to see what trial [if any] we will have to sit on as a juror.
ReplyDeleteNote: The Texas Longhorns!
~Anni
It's beautiful, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteWoah - how original for a courthouse! I would've never guessed. I get a feeling of freedom....but, w8. You were there to sit on a jury. Not much choice in that matter! Happy WW and thx for your visit. p.s. love the little bugs *giggling*
ReplyDeleteoh wow love that flag it still chokes me up Did you get called
ReplyDeleteOooh, beautiful photos! Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for your help with my blog roll. You're not stalking me! LOL! I clicked on your link to add you to my Google Reader - nothing. Then I tried following your latest suggestion to add you to my blog list, and since you’re not in my Goggle Reader, I couldn’t add you that way, either.
And btw: I don’t use Google Reader. I have an account because I treid it once. But this new Blogger feature works really well for me. Well, except that I can’t get YOUR site added!
Computers: grrrr. Or perhaps I should put it this way… my lack of computer skill: grrrr.
Nah – I like being mad at the computer better! ;-)
Those are such interesting shots. I also never would have guessed it was a courthouse. They are all great but I particularly love how you caught the reflection of the flag in the second shot where you zoomed in on the birds. Very cool.
ReplyDeleteHello! Just wanted to drop in and say Hi, thanks for visiting my blog today...it's fun to have a wordless wednesday partner in crime! Great pics! Monica
ReplyDeleteInteresting set of photos. I love the shot of the flag!
ReplyDeleteThese are all wonderful! I am surprised that they let you bring your camera into the courthouse while on jury duty!
ReplyDeleteInteresting photos you have. Thanks for dropping by!
ReplyDeleteHow many Cadillacs had to die to produce that last sculpture?
ReplyDeleteSeriously though, it's a very striking series. And at least they give you something nice to look at while you're waiting. Nothing like the drab all-business look of the Wake Co. (NC) courthouse.
Our local courthouse has no interesting decor like yours does! lol I just love the Texas Longhorns, how awesome it is!! I'm really glad that you weren't called in to serve, much rather have you blogging! hehe xoxo
ReplyDeleteFor a first time I'm viewing an interesting courthouse :P Most are normally pretty solemn looking. These are great!
ReplyDeleteI gotta like those bull skulls. Happy WW! :)
ReplyDeleteHoot!!!!!!! I am just now finding where you tagged me!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooooooooo sorry..... it has been such a crazy three weeks...... but I am going to catch up I promise..........:)
ReplyDeleteWow...did you get picked?
ReplyDeleteCool shots!
ReplyDeleteGreat shots! The ambiance is so western. It has a good blend of modern and classic American.
ReplyDeleteHappy WW!
I love these photos.
ReplyDeleteHey Anni, I like your court house pictures. I guess the pigeons can come in (or are they gulls?). I like the long horn skulls too, I don't remember any with the horns on or put on.
ReplyDeleteI have a regular cow skull.
Happy WW! You might want to check out our new-to-us poodle dog, Katrin. I think she is a keeper. Anyway, we have to keep her, she was willed to us.
..
BTW, I grew up on a farm outside podunk Nebraska towns, Tekamah and Herman. :-)
..
Great pictures. The motiv or art, is at bit bizarre
ReplyDeleteThat's an interesting place. Thanks, Anni!
ReplyDeleteCute template! Oh wait, that's not what I'm supposed to be commenting on ...
ReplyDeleteLove the birds. The skulls I'm a bit less taken with.
You always find some new ways of looking at normal things
ReplyDelete(for some reason your blog is all sqweejawed in my screen tonight)
Great shots Anni. I love the longhorn photo. Happy WW
ReplyDeleteVery cool!
ReplyDelete~Jenny, Bloggess
Those Longhorns must have been really baaaad.
ReplyDeleteAn inspiring courthouse!
http://www.wanderingwonderinggypsy.blogspot.com/
I took some photos of a display today, but no sky in it. So I will post one with my Thankful Thursday post.
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting my blog.
Great shots, loved the Texas Longhorns!!
ReplyDeleteGreat shots. The birds loof great.
ReplyDeleteKelly
Those are some beautiful shots!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for dropping by my WW for Tyler's John Deere birthday party "stuff".
Happy WW.
Wow, that is magnificent!!! I want to go there!!! Nice post.
ReplyDeleteI hope you can join me for new Pet Peeve Tuesdays!
Great photos.
ReplyDeleteLove the last one.
Happy WW.
I love the pictures. I have an affinity for pics with lines and geometry in them. I like the cow skulls, too. You must be a fellow Texan.
ReplyDeleteGreat Shots. I really like the last one. Reminds me of one of those old black and white westerns.
ReplyDeleteFlags make for impressive photos!
ReplyDeleteGood morning Anni, I love all of your great shots..thanks for your visit to my place today.We both had a flag in our post..hugs,Baba
ReplyDeletethat's an airy courtroom! with sunlight steaming through the skylight, i think it helps psychologically prepare the jurors for their task... and the bulls are aptly named --- longhorns!!!
ReplyDeleteOhhhhhhh! I just got a picture of a big flag like that the other night too! When we were at Mortons! I love that - especially with the birds... very pretty!
ReplyDeleteNow I have a glimpse of your county courtroom! Thanks for the tour...Happy WW!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! Hope you're enjoying your week!
ReplyDeleteInteresting shots.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the visit
The flag and the soaring birds together make me feel proud inside!
ReplyDeleteInteresting, so is all these to celebrate some special occasion?
ReplyDeleteHappy WW!
You must have some courthouse. I was thinking that it was inside of a big shopping mall. Those Texas Longhorns are neat.
ReplyDeleteI think the horns would look good in my downstairs powder room.
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos ... and marvelous reminder to take my camera with me when I go somewhere the way I did once upon a time ... years ago.
ReplyDeleteHugs and blessings,
These are lovely shots. I love the long-horns. They are very Georgia O'Keefe looking. Hope jury duty was interesting. Long time since I last served, but I always found the process fascinating and inspiring in a frustrating and annoying kind of way.
ReplyDeleteGreat shots... way to take advantage of being on jury duty!
ReplyDeleteHope you will stop by if you get a chance!
Just Some Thoughts
love those neat pics!!
ReplyDeleteGreat photos!
ReplyDeleteHappy WW.
I'm feelin' kinda patriotic right about now...
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures. The flag always tugs at my heart. The Olympics will have me bawling I am sure.
ReplyDeleteI love the flying birds! great capture! happy WW!
ReplyDeleteThank you SO much for stopping by my blog! Wanted to return the favor, and tell you what lovely shots you chose for your WW - very neat!
ReplyDeleteHope you had a wonderful day, and thanks again for stopping by! Take care & God Bless
xoxo,
Amanda
Beautiful shots for your WW ! I am in Eastbourne (UK) at the coast for a week with my adorable friends, he had already prepared his computer for me ! yesterday I took 3 h to see London again and I can tell you there was a terrible crowd of tourists at the Buckhingham palace !!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! :) I really like your pics. Interesting angles and great composition! Thanks for sharing! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat WW pics! And I really like the look of your site. Very well done and creative.
ReplyDeleteTake care.
Beautiful shots !
ReplyDeleteI wasn't allowed to take pictures in our Singapore courthouse. :(
ReplyDeleteYou can read my new post about Hell money. The Chinese believed there is afterlife and money is requireded. :)