my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds





[Wordless Photo is below this 'blogger news of interest'!]




BLOGGER NEWS FLASH --

Finally, the day has arrived [after I've attempted so many ways and 'know-hows' with help of friends who know xlm coding and are known to me as 'experts' because they continually put up with me and my questions and helping me online {mainly my son's girlfriend who programs computers} trying to help me adjust and redo several things with Blogger's layout]. Especially the commenting section. I have never cared for their comments either opening up in a pop-up window OR a whole new window. My preference has always been the inline commenting as you find with Wordpress Blogs. But either I could get the comment to be on the blog entry itself ---and it would work, then something ELSE with Blogger's xml wouldn't work properly.

NOW!! Blogger has heard our voices and pleas! With Blogger you can now chose to embed your comments UNDER your blog's entry!

If you have tweaked your blog's layout in any way, it may take some 'doing' on your part to get it to work properly. It's supposed to now open your blog's entry and the clicking of the comment link will take you directly below the blog post to the comment window itself. ALL on one page. It's still not Wordpress, but it's getting there! [I am trying yet to figure out how some of blogspot's bloggers have the comments right in view of the blogpost without clicking. I will continue to see if I can get it to be exactly like Wordpress. Someday.]

But for now, it's quite simple.

BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL TEMPLATE/LAYOUT FIRST!!!!
You need to go to Blogger's Dashboard Draft [while logged in of course], Settings, then go to comments tab. You will then see three options under 'COMMENT FORM PLACEMENT' ---
  1. FULL PAGE
  2. POP-UP WINDOW
  3. EMBED BELOW POST

Click on "Embed..." and save settings.

It should then have the comments/and comment window directly below the day's blog post! Good luck!!

If for some reason, it doesn't work, you have your backup layout to re-ad to the edit html

...and now, on to the
Wordless Wednesday Photo




<><><>




39 comments :

  1. One of my many stuffed tigers [my favorite animal!] ---Done with macro setting on my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool I'm gonna have to trt this reight now. Thanks for the info. Anni!
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Hugs and Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, look at you go! I think you're the queen of blogging and all the in's and outs. I've seen you do some pretty fun stuff and just haven't gotten around to asking how you do it all! Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great little critter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cute tiger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grrrr-rrrr, Tiger you look fine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tigger went for some color change!?!? *kidding* :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is just GRREEEEAATT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, pretty snazzy! I'm impressed!

    Thanks for stopping by to check up on me when it wasn't even Friday!! I'm having a great time not going to work.

    Yes, fireworks over the lake are so special. It feels like the whole town and the whole town north of us show up for ours, because they're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - I've gotta go check that out! Thanks for the update. I always really appreciated the embedded comments on wordpress; it is so fun to see (easily) other people's responses. Hope all is well :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a cute Tiger! That other stuff you said it kinda went over my technologically slow head...but I'm glad blogger is listening to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Reminds me of Pooh's Tigger!
    Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great tip and nice photo.

    here's my WW! hope you can take a peek. thanks.

    milet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blogger did all the adjustments for me so I cannot enjoy the new version without the fear of losing everything. I don't know how to keep my old template... Do I make sense?? one day in August when it's too hot to do anything else I will try this out, thanks for the explanation!!

    And that's such a lovely tiger!
    Happy WW :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Would you imagine it worked just like you said it??? I thought it wouldn't because I have an old template, not a layout. See it yourself on my page!! thanks so much, Anni!!!
    (now I will see what Mar(Google) means...

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh i like him!!

    great tip! i like this comment section! very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the new look! The WW is great too! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cool new feature! :) The tiger is adorable. Thanks for dropping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh how adorable!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Happy WW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. My little girls love tigers1 Cute photo.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh how cute is that! Almost looks real.
    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cute little guy! My son would love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. ROFL!!! Anni, Anni, Anni... you're gonna give yourself a HEART ATTACK worrying over this blogger stuff like that! Goodness me... blogging is supposed to be FUN! Not stressful... noooooo! Breath DEEEEEEP! Exhaaaaaale... DEEEEEEP... exhale... Relax! LOL!

    Your tiger baby is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  24. thank you for your blogger tip! i have been looking for this feature from blogger. i'll try it soon.

    thanks also for taking a look at my very first ww :)

    your stuffed tiger is so cute!happy ww

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very ‘kewl’ … thanks for sharing this info with us. I may give this a go myself sometime soon, but I’m not sure I’ll try today because I’m playing catch-up big time … and I want to get my new WD Terabyte (My Book Essential Edition) HD up and running to back up my new Dell as I continue to set it up the way I want it. Seems like a TRILLION BYTES should keep me in business indefinitely no matter what I do with photos and blogging ;--)
    Ah … luv your WW photo … so sweet!
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  26. That stuffie looks like a good friend.

    I am too scairt to play around very much with my template because I don't have anyone who can help me fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. How adorable and snuggly!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The photo made me smile :) He looks so cuddly! Definitley very Hobbes like.

    Well done for persevering with Blogger and Happy W! Thanks for popping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  29. That is one big stuffed animal!
    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Looks like the grandkids left something behind.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Aww that's a beautiful tiger toy. I want one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Teach me Tiger ... Regards from the Menopause Witch!

    ReplyDelete
  33. that was a good try of changing my comments... I liked that idea too:) but just doesn't work:(
    nice picture of the stuffed toy, looked so real:)
    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Anni,

    You are a whizz at this tech stuff. I'm computer tech illiterate. Thanks for this bit of information. I'm learning little by little. When I think of how much I've learned about computers since we bought our first one in 1998, it's amazing. When we got it I barely knew how to turn it on and drove Michelle to distraction phoning her about this and that.

    Love your WW photo. He is delightful.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm glad to see you got the comments working like you wanted. Thanks so much for dropping by my place today. Come back tomorrow to find out why Tyler was so excited...no he was NOT being tickled. :)

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  36. nice tiger! growl!

    i like your webpage, too!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Someone here is obviously more bloggy-literate than I am! Cute Tiger Toy!

    ReplyDelete

.