my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Tuesday's Heads or Tails below this Hurricane update---

1PM update: Well, Dolly is still a tropical storm but close to hurricane strength now. It has made a more westerly approach to land, and the NHC has dropped the Port O' Connor area from warnings. It's now between Corpus Christi [my home town] and south to Rio San Fernando [Old Mexico]. Extreme heat, and I do mean extreme heat index right now as the humidity builds [last I looked it was 93 degrees and 96% humidity...almost like walking in water when we're outdoors. Wind is picking up some, but nothing out of the ordinary yet. A great deal of clouds are building up along the coastline and to the south of us! I still hold hope it'll not strengthen much more and will do little damage nor threaten lives....

BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM DOLLY ADVISORY NUMBER 9
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL042008
100 PM CDT TUE JUL 22 2008

...DOLLY NEARING HURRICANE STRENGTH...

AT 1 PM CDT...THE HURRICANE WARNING FROM NORTH OF CORPUS
CHRISTI TO PORT O'CONNOR HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH A TROPICAL STORM
WARNING. A HURRICANE WARNING IS NOW IN EFFECT FOR THE COAST OF
TEXAS FROM BROWNSVILLE TO CORPUS CHRISTI...AND FOR THE NORTHEAST
COAST OF MEXICO FROM RIO SAN FERNANDO NORTHWARD TO THE BORDER
BETWEEN MEXICO AND THE UNITED STATES. A HURRICANE WARNING MEANS
THAT HURRICANE CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED WITHIN THE WARNING AREA
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS. PREPARATIONS TO PROTECT LIFE AND
PROPERTY SHOULD BE RUSHED TO COMPLETION.

Once again....thanks for the wonderful outpouring of concern about Dolly heading our way!!...I've tried to keep up with everyone's prayers and thoughts. I especially showed my appreciation on the blog entry for Tuesday...Follow the link below --"Missed some Previous posts?"