my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out






[check 1st comment for explanation]






~...end Wordless Wednesday
[scroll below Hurricane Dolly Update for comment link]



<><><>

5:20AM WEDNESDAY update:
Hurricane Dolly. Yes, earlier Tropical Storm Dolly became a hurricane. It's reported now the winds are 85 miles an hour and the storm is moving around 10 miles an hour [most times, the slower they move through the water, the more they intensify!]

It's raining here as I type. Heavily. And this is predicted to be our mode for the next day or two. Much localized flooding. The winds are calmer than I anticipated so far, but I'm sure as the hurricane nears the USA/Mexican border, they will become much stronger.

The local beaches throughout the county along our coastline have all been closed because of high surf and tides. The airlines have all cancelled flights in and out of the city. And obviously, for now, we still have power. That too may change as the winds strengthen....

And Anita [from Germany], from your email you were told in your country with your news that Corpus Christi has been evacuated. No...we're still here. In Brownsville, Texas the evacuation isn't mandatory either since it's still a category 1 hurricane. I really appreciate hearing from you - your concern touches my soul. From ALL of you-checking to see if we're okay. It's so wonderful to know y'all care!!!

I just had the cable's weather channel on to see if they had anyone live from Brownsville, Texas --there'll be a live shot at 6 a.m. - but don't know if I'll be able to watch it. As it gets lighter in the day, I may venture out of the house to get a photo or two...depending.


This piece from the TV cable shows an orange outline...because of the hurricane there comes with it tornado threats also...and we're just to the top orange outline -to the left side of the weatherman's right shoulder.


This particular photo of the weather report shows the huge area that this storm surrounds...most of the Texas coastline will be affected with water today and tomorrow. Our son in Houston says it's raining heavily too, and predictions of more rains. But he won't get the strong wind impact as Corpus will.

So, all in all the storm will be just that for us...fighting strong winds and heavy flooding rains. The eye of the storm continues to be south of us, near the Old Mexico/Texas border near Brownsville, Texas.



34 comments :

  1. ***This is one of my pencil sketches of the caricatures of the M*A*S*H team from television.

    ~Anni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anni, I've come back to check on you after I heard on our 6 o'clock news that Dolly has now been officially upgraded to a hurricane! Please be safe!!!!!

    Love that sketch of the Mash crew! I can't even draw stick figures! lol You have so much talent Ms. Anni:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recognize that gang! How I loved that show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite the artist. Happy tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I could draw like that. I used to try but was never good at it. You have a great talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice illustration. Happy WW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anni, great art. that was a great show to watch as well. Be safe my friend. Hugs and God's Blessings! I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that's great. Sending along thoughts of safety for you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow...you have a very talent :D

    Visit me also at my WW:
    Another part of ship and Summer tradition in our village Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very little is better than a blueberry banana smoothie, except a really good gin and tonic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you got a great talent going on there!! Happy WW..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Dear Anni, Wow wonderful drawing you are very talented . If only I could draw, Hehehehe.Hope your not in line with that cyclone.. Stay safe...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Mornging Again Anni,
    I am just dropping back in to check to see how things are down your way. I just seen on the news where the eye is suppose to hit land in about an hour or so. I hope yall haven't had to evacuate or anything. I got your email yesterday and I am planning on returning to the blogging when the girls start back to school next month. They start back on the 18th. You did a wonderful job on your pencil sketch of the MASH gang. You are so talented. I also love the new look of your blog and how you have arranged everything. Just wanted to drop by again to let you know that I'm still thinking of you and I am hoping yall are safe and spared from anything severe. Take care my friend and have a great day.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It took me a minutes to sit there and think "where have I seen those folks before?" Once I saw your comment it was obvious. Good sketches. I loved watching MASH but haven't seen it in years. I suppose it's on TV Land or one of those other syndicated cable stations now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. M*A*S*H is one of my favorite TV shows of all time! Good job on the sketch, Anni.

    Still praying for safety for y'all, Anni.

    Love and prayers,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stay safe, Anni! Having lived in Florida for 32 years, I can realate all too well. Hope you're well stocked up and ready with cards and board games, etc... and wine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. great sketches of the Mash bunch. Hope you'll be safe with Hurricane Dolly nipping at your area. Happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love MASH! I still try to catch some reruns! Father Mulcahy!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Anni. A hurricane can be so scary. I hope that you and your family are safe and doing well.

    That's a great sketch. You're very gifted in the aarts.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that sketch. You did a great job of it. I hope that you will stay high and dry from the hurricane. Carver Wordless Post

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yikes, stay safe!

    Great sketch, I love M*A*S*H, I wish we'd get it on reruns here in Israel.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anni,

    Your sketch of the Mash team is excellent. You are definitely a talented lady.

    I see where Dolly has been upgraded. I am deeply concerned for the people in your area. Be sure if you step outside for photos that you are cautious. Keeping you and Bud, as well as others in your area, in my prayers.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  24. Came straight here this morning because of concern for you and Bud!! Hopefully you will be fine..just hunker down and pray that you keep your electricity....Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your sketch Anni! Will continue sending you and all those in the way of this hurricane positive Canadian vibes! Everytime I hear of it on our news up here I think of you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice choice for today's WW, but Anni I really came here to check on you. I pray that you all will be okay and that you won't have any property damage. I appreciate the update you have already posted as I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been wondering if you're okay. Keep us all updated provided you are able to maintain power.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I’m relieved to know you’re safe thus far and that things look okay from where you are. It took me a while to get connected to Blogger again this morning, but all’s well that ends well. I enjoyed your pencil sketches of the MASH cast. I loved that show and watched it faithfully for YEARS!
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely WW! And, we're about 35 miles north of Galveston, and we are NOT evacuating - no matter what! Hurricanes have come and gone through here, so we're used to the occasional threat. A few precautions and we're good to go. We're already getting some spin-off storms from Dolly.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Annie, I was looking for your WW and there isn't any.

    Hang on tight if you need!

    We had just a nice little shower here, we are so dry. Will hope for more rain tonight and tomorrow.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cute M*A*S*H sketches! Hope you are safe from the storm, Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I recognized all the characters at once - great job! We LOVE that show at our house. Anytime the theme song comes on Sophia has to stop what she's doing and watch the TV. She'll even push me way so that she can see the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  32. those are great sketches! and i do hope the hurricane won't create that much damage... heavy rains, yes but i hope no tornadoes or great flooding... i wish you a safe weekend ahead :)

    ReplyDelete

.