my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out





    We all have them...and if you don't, you do....you just may not realize it. For some reason or another we all collect something and we collect it for reasons that will definitely make for good reading. So on Monday, I want to see your collection. If you don't have or don't want or CAN'T (wink) show us a picture, then tell us what the collection is in 10 words or less. Then tell us why you started collecting it.

This week Mariposa challenged us with a simple version for Fun Monday; we're supposed to show y'all what we collect. I'm going with the most obvious --even when you see me walking down the street, or sittin' at my computer, no matter...I'm good at what I collect. Must be jelly 'cause jam don't shake like this!! And I'm stickin' by my convictions!

I collect fat cells!! And here's proof:




...and some day I'll show you my collection of dust bunnies! Stay tuned.

[in all seriousness tho, I collect wind chimes and they're hanging in a lot of different areas in house and outdoors, stuffed animals -mostly packed away, I collect ruby glass that is stored in the china hutch, I collect glass dolphins which I showed before on this blog [the link should open in a new window]. Cardinals in bone china form. But, mainly, I was just plain lazy this week and the camera was beside me, and my cell collection was very handy and finally --I'm getting more use out of them other than keeping me warm in the winter! It's about time.


<><><>

Thirty six years ago on May 19th I gave birth to my son....Erik. Happy birthday dear one. Hope your day is super. Y'know I'll call you when you get home, don'tcha? Ya, I figured you'd know.

This is a photo of Erik crossing the finish line in his 2nd Honolulu Hawai'i marathon!! He also participated in the Triathlon there representing the USMC. And, he did good...can't remember which 'place' he fielded, but it was the top 10.

26 comments :

  1. I collect dust bunnies as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I collect fat cells,dust bunnies and the best thing that I collect are my Blogging Friends and Neighbors.I'm so glag that you are in this great group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely not lazy, Anni. You change the look of your blog more than anyone. By the way, I love the tiger theme and the Blake poem. I like your seaworthy collection too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anni,

    I collect fat cells, dust bunnies, postcards and a variety of vintage thingies. LOL Love your post and you certainly aren't lazy.

    Take care and have a wonderful week. I'm hoping we get a bit of sun and warmer temperatures this week. I really want to get out in the garden.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS. I do hope your son has a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha!

    My Mom collects wind chimes too!

    Happy birthday to Erik! Have a great and fun Monady with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like you have a lot of collections. The one I have in common with you unfortunately is the fat cells! I don't know what contributes to that, maybe the cheese filled croissant this morning, the tri-tip bbq sandwich at lunch, then the oatmeal cookies for dinner. I don't think the gin and tonic counts toward fat cells though?! Happy Monday celelbrating your son's birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah Anni! Your collection made me laugh out loud! Ruefully though because MY collection of same is at an all time high--partly from sitting in front of computer too much. . .must blog less and mow more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HaHa! As usual you have made us all laugh! Very interesting collections indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I had an award for Blogging with Boldness, I would give it to YOU! You have gone where I could very easily go, but will NEVER.

    Fun FUN MONDAY post Ms. Anni!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your sense of humor and your positive thinking. I didn't know I was a collector of dust bunnies as well, I realized this while reading your post. Which shows, once again, how clever we get through blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I forgot about those too!
    The dust bunnies I mean, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my! I don't think I have the courage to take a picture of the fat cell collection!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahahahha!!! My body has been collecting those for YEARS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My fat cell collection has been on display at the Melli Museum for nearly 50 years! I keep trying to downsize the collection - but the little boogers just keep multiplying!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hee hee, I have the cells and the dust bunnies. And your dolphins are gorgeous. Happy Birthday to Eric. He sounds like a star.
    Oh, and I'm loving the new look here. Fabulous. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ha! I collect fat cells too.

    Lots of them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday to your son. I also collect fat cells, angels, teddybears, dolphins, and the green m&m.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anni,

    Stopping by to let you know I LOVE your new look.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are a hoot, I bet I could compete with you for fat cells!

    Happy Birthday to your Son :)

    Oh and I like the new look.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My dust bunnie collection waned since we longer have the dogs. All of your collections sound intesting and your new look is great. Like it alot!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Would you like MORE dust bunnies? I have some I can send your way. And tell your son congratulations on the races. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Anni...I collect fat cells too!!! I love your new header, it is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a cool new ‘look’ to your Blog! Very impressive these things you know how to do. Someday … maybe I’ll figure out how to play with the appearance of my blogs without losing them entirely. Fat cells and Dust Bunnies … (I’m laughing so hard I can barely type here) … what a HOOT!!! I suspect many of us collect those, but I didn’t think to add them to my list today. Ah yez … once upon a time I collected Wind Chimes but I’ve taken most of them down because of the cacophony of sound generated by the ocean breezes. Happy birthday to Erik ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think my collection of fat cells is bigger'n urs. snicker.

    and I keep collecting dust

    ReplyDelete
  26. Um...I collect fat cells, too...but you won't be seeing a pic of them...rotflmao.

    Happy Bday to your precious son:).

    ReplyDelete

.