“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






<><><>
How to MAXIMIZE pop up comments for the NEW blogger
in Firefox Browsers. Without Right Clicking the Comment Link
<><><>

As you're ready to comment, you won't lose the blogger's blog page if you need to go back and re-read to make your comment pertain to their blog entry.

You can override Firefox's behavior, doing this:

Step One:

In the browser's Location Bar type:

about:config

press enter on your keyboard


Step Two:

Scroll to find:

dom.disable_window_open_feature.resizable

Highlight it and Right Click

Then, click on "Toggle" changing the 'false' value to 'true' [it should view as "user set" "boolean" "true"

BEFORE



AFTER


[images can be enlarged for reference]




Close the configuration window
and reboot your browser.

Your Blogger Pop Up Comments should now have the function of maximizing the comment window to a full view. [or minimizing the window]

Do a test run: leave a comment here without right clicking...you should be able to maximize the pop up window.

11 comments :

  1. Anni,

    I have IE, but I've heard some say that the new firefox is hard to negotiate. I'm hoping I can just keep IE. LOL I've learned a lot about computers in the last 12 years, but still struggle with some things.

    Thanks for this tutorial. I admire you for always reaching out to others.

    Blessings and love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It works! The stupid thing still pops up about 1 inch wide, but now I can resize it. This is great!

    Thank you so much for the info. Where did you find it? I never even thought to see if there was a way to change things. I just thought it was something I had to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna, our son's girlfriend/co-worker is a computer whiz at such things. When I want to learn something I go to her. She's helped me a LOT.

    Glad I could help you. When I read yesterday what a problem you had with the resizing of the comment pop up, I knew just where to go to show you how it's done.


    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pop up's! This sounds like a secret code!! I have no idea what that was about!! I am so computer dumb! I just go to the comments and click and it opens up and I leave a comment!

    Anni. thanks so much for wishing Kelly a Happy Birthday!! Love and Hugs Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read this again and You were talking about if you use fire fox! Okay I should read more carefully! Face red now!! Love and Hugs, Grams

    ReplyDelete
  6. WELL!
    This is the first time I have been able to comment here ...
    so lame I am!
    If you're interested, I've taged you for a music meme.
    And as for cats, it is their right to take over the world that should already be theirs!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Annie, I visited last week & have had trouble commenting ~ couldn't find the nice little box I'm all cosy & familiar with; not sure I've found it now but here goes anyway: You are a clever lady. I love the egg & am inspired though I probably won't get time to actually try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're a hero! It works!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh … methunk I was lost when I saw your new layout … but it’s an interesting change because I don’t need to make my browser window larger to see it all. I love that poem by Robert Frost as well … and the photo at the top is wonderful! And now I’ve spent about 15 minutes (or more) trying to follow the directions you’ve given regarding resizing the Firefox popup box (something that’s been driving me NUTZ for a while now) … but after I highlight and right click ‘dom.disable_windown_open_feature.resizable’ … I see no option to ‘toggle’ so I’m lost. Sorry if I’m being ‘dense’ (I know it’s afternoon and my brain doesn’t think so well late in the day) but I can’t help but think I’m missing something essential. Any suggestions?
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL - love the theo quote

    ReplyDelete

.