my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes

NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!





~THURSDAY 13
HOLIDAY JUMBLED MOVIE TITLES
[here are 13 movies with the letters scrambled]
--Can you figure them out--
* * Some are multiple words

1. pcaenrr
2. hprefchltidaeetoy * *
3. lef
4. cmhhhhwttterriinolgecassso * *
5. mshhiiersttwac * *
6. lthrrsmscaacaoi * *
7. ru'eiiaotwdllfnsfe * *
8. kfacrjots * *
9. ahcntttmmrrbeoeehriissfhega * *
10. oohmaneel * *
11. titmrrsaaswtkhceknhihs * *
12. njawliglealheyt * *
13. cutnalssaa * *

{ANSWERS tomorrow]

<><><>


Okay, I'm sure just about everyone has heard about health issues and the obesity of the American population...especially the young children and teens. Sure, I can go along with that. At least for the main purpose of getting the kids away from the computer and get out and become more active.

Now my son [who's a marathoner and a 'health-food' addict] has repeatedly told me: "Mom, you should really try soy milk! It's good. And I bet you'd like it since you drink fat free milk already." I've been leary for a good many years on this subject. I never tell him otherwise tho...if it's his choice to drink soy milk, fine by me! But over and over in our phone conversations and when we're together, the subject of soy milk once again comes into focus.

Well, I noticed that there is now soy nog in the dairy section of our neighborhood grocer. Ummmmmm, ya. Okay. Soy nog! Well, I still was questioning this....soy milk? Now soy nog? Eventually I thought, "what the heck, I'll try it. I've got nothing to lose." [Sonny boy would be so proud of his ol' lady!] I bought a quart of the "Silk" brand. They can't call it Egg Nog!! Nosireebob! No eggs allowed. Hmmmmmm.

I got it home. Made sure it was chilled to an icy cold [if I had to try this stuff, I'm sure not gonna drink it if it's not ICY COLD!]. Last night then, I got a cup down from the cupboard...And I got out the nog---

"What's this stuff again? The manufacturers call this nog?" "What a misnomer that is! Ha!! Okay." :::shake, shake, shake::: "Sounds runny to me. It's sloshin' way too much here." I open the carton, and- :::sniff::: "Well, it smells like egg nog. But there's no nutmeg floating. It's gotta have nutmeg!!" [disappointment sets in now] "And....It looks kinda greenish!"


I pour. It's mighty thin in texture! I'm not sure about this, I think to myself. The aroma is a bit like the real thick, sweet, wonderful egg nog...but still leary over this experiment. I'm just not sure about this crap stuff.


At this point, while the nog is flowing quickly from the carton into my cup, I'm thinking...."Wait'll Erik hears about this!" "It's so thin!" "He won't believe me if I just tell him over the phone. "I gotta get the digital out to show him what I mean about it...it's just not the REAL kind!" So, I get out a crystal gobblet and pour what I had in my cup so he could see the green tinge and the thin liquid he expects me to like.

:::flash::: The cameras flash goes off, and I can see this isn't gonna work...I then adjust the gizzie witch on the camera functions to "no flash" and :::snap:::!! "Ya baby, NOW you can see what I'm talkin' 'bout dear son of mine!" "It's so thin, you can see through it!!" "Notice." "You can see the cupboard THROUGH the nog!" :::sip::: "Well, it tastes like nog all right; no egg nog tho! And I want the real thing, sorry." "You can have your silk and drink it too."

- - -

Me? I'd much rather eliminate butter for my one meal and have a half cup of the genuine super-gob-sloppshish good stuff!!! You betcha.

So back to the store I go for the "Southern Comfort" EGG Nog!!!

<><><>




Do y'all watch Dancing With the Stars on ABC [American television]? I love to watch this. Altho, I have to admit that there were some years that I got so frustrated with it, I tuned it out. But, each season, I find myself coming back to watch the ballroom dancing. This guy, this year, was just amazing! And before the last two programs aired this week, hubby and I made a bet. Hey, ya gotta make tv as interesting as you can make it these days. There is a lot to be desired with ALL programming anymore. So, hubby, He was sure that Mel B and her dancing partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy would take the trophy; I was positive [secretly hoping] that Helio would win. Did I mention how good he was?!!


All I can say is: "Thanks Helio"! I won a buck. "And each time I get a stick of Wrigley's Cinnamon gum, I'll think of you." [can't buy much more than a pack o' gum with a dollar y'know.]

NEW YORK (Reuters) © 2007- Brazilian race car driver Helio Castroneves beat out English pop singer Melanie Brown on Tuesday to win "Dancing with the Stars," America's most popular television show that pits celebrities' ballroom dancing skills.

37 comments :

  1. I'm terrible at unscrambling letters. I'll wait till tomorrow for the answers. Have a great TT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for giving me a puzzle to work on tonight. I hava a couple already but will work on the rest!

    Oh, and thanks for taste testing the soy nog. Now I don't have to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear Anni:-)

    I want to go to that mall where they have Polar Express exhibit...it sounds absolutely delightful!!

    Congratulations on being given the awards, you are so deserving of each one of them. I chuckled when I saw the lamp leg...just the other day I posted a widget of that lamp! hehe Christmas Story has always been one of my fave holiday movies:-)

    Egg Nog that isn't really Egg Nog? No thanks, I'll stick to the real stuff, no matter how unhealthy it is for me! lol I just see the word "soy" on a product and I keep on walking!!

    Hmmmm let's see if I can unscramble some of those movie titles...

    1. Prancer
    2.
    3. Elf
    4. How The Grinch Stole Christmas
    5. White Christmas
    6. A Christmas Carol
    7. It's A Wonderful Life
    8. Jack Frost
    9. The Nightmare Before Christmas
    10. Home Alone
    11.
    12. Jingle All The Way
    13. Santa Claus

    Aaarrgggh, I can't figure out 2 and 11!! lol This is so much fun:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay. Here's the scoop on soy. It's all bogus! I tried to switch over, and found out I am allergic. It is one of those potent allergens like peanuts and wheat. So, if dairy doesn't bother you, stick with the fat-free organic stuff and you can't go wrong!

    There are lots of health issues that are related to soy, and a large percentage of people have problems with it. Just thought I'd give you a pat on the back for holding out against all that pressure! :-)
    TM
    PS Happy TT Mine is up, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anni,

    I'm with you, my friend. Egg nog, not soy nog for me. I used to get egg nog every Christmas but haven't bothered the last couple of years. I'm diabetic and used to control it with diet. Then it got the upper hand (15 years later) and I have to take pills. I'm more careful what I eat because I really don't want to advance to insulin.

    Beautiful post today and I'm glad you won the buck.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anni
    I just found your wonderfully Christmasy Blog through Mary's Writing Nook and am blown away :)

    I'm pretty new to blogging in general and the three column layout with exciting stuph everywhere left me seeking, but not finding a way to comment until I sent email to Mary and she suggested I "refresh" the page. So ... here I am!

    I took you at your word and put the Santa's Good List Button in my Sidebar at Small Reflections. I hope that's okay for a 1st timer.

    Anyway ... I've bookmarked your Blog for easy return and look forward to checking in often.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anni

    I've answered and posted your Christmas meme...it's a bit different from northern hemisphere answers...smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Phew! Those scrambled words had me thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful Puzzle. I love puzzles. Your blog design is wonderful as usual...Beautiful graphics. I am a fan. Happy TT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I finally got the computer and I posted a new post!! I didn't do a Thankful Thursday because I can't go out and return all the commment tomorrow if I sign up so I will skip it this week!
    Everyone know I am thankful for everything!! :)
    I did Nancy's Christmas cards today and that is one big job!! That is what I posted about!
    It makes her so happy! love and hugs, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. I suck at this game!!! Have a great TT!!!

    Mine's 13 truths that have changed my life...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so terrible with word jumbles...

    BTW - I picked you in my TT this week as a "favorite" but you have to come to http://anyapples.blogspot.com/ to find out why. :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK, my eyes are crossing, so I'll just give you what I have and come back tomorrow for the answers to the ones I don't.

    1. Prancer
    2.
    3. Elf
    4.
    5. White Christmas
    6. A Christmas Carol
    7. It's A Wonderful Life
    8. Jack Frost
    9.
    10. Home Alone
    11.
    12. Jingle All The Way
    13. Santa Claus

    Thanks for the brain teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can only read "toy" at the end of nr. 2 and I am wearing my glasses!!

    I gave up butter so many years ago I now don't like the taste of it...and I sometimes drink soy milk. But it's Christmas, go for the real thing and enjoy your "Southern Comfort" EGG Nog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Anni ~~ Great puzzle for us - you are clever to make it up.
    The idea of anything "soy" doesn't appeal to me either. Thanks for your comments and we are all happy about the rain. Take care, Love, Merle.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi,there! Your site is really amazing. I can really feel Christmas.

    For your TT, I really do not know those movies scrambled!

    I will wait for the answers just like the others.

    Thanks for visiting me at HOT.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too early for me to unscramble...sounds like a lot of fun though.

    Obesity is a serious issue...wouldn't it be nice if we could get rid of it with a wand?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good Morning Hootin' Anni,
    I hope this finds you doing good on this Thursday Morning. I got the 12 Questions of Christmas Meme from Mary over at Mary's Writing Nook. She is one of my new blogging friends. I did it on my blog as well. When you have time you can read it at Karen's Korner. I am fairly new to blogland. I have been blogging since Ocotber. I am really enjoying it. Congratulations on you awards. I've seen you around on some of my friends comments and you seem to be such a sweet person. Well, take care my friend and have a great Thursday. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Anni,

    This post jolted me out of the "sad sack" mood that I've been in. Reading it has been great medicine for me. Thank you. I'm still chuckling. And I will join your Christmas meme, if it's okay, to finally get into the spirit of the season.

    Blessings,

    Renie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your blog is so interesting!

    Egg nog ~blech~
    Soy nog ~double blech~
    =~D

    I watched DWTS right up until my beloved Jane Seymour was booted, then I lost interest!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. If it doesn't have eggs, nutmeg and milk in it, it surely isn't egg nog! I'm not getting nor am I drinking any green nog you can see through!! eeeewwww!!!

    I'm going to do your meme... It might take me a couple of days, but I will do it!!
    xo
    LBC

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Dancing with the Stars and I'm so glad Helio won!
    This is my first trip to your blog and I love it!
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yea... I, too, am passing on the soy nog! I actually don't even much care for the store bought nog anymore. We made homemade nog several years ago - and after that, nothing else would do. So, I save myself the fat and calories by just NOT MAKING IT! LOL!
    I do have to get back on track with the diet and exercise though -- I'm putting weight back on - and that is NOT good! (and this isn't the time of year to have to DO that!) Ugh!

    I will have a little go at your movie thing -- ONLY because I'm sure they are ALL Christmas movies... they appear to be anyway. Were it anything else, I wouldn't stand a chance! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LOVE Helio. I think he got the votes because it was no surprise that Mel B is a great dancer since she is already a performer, but Helio was completely out of his element. He was so fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  25. well i got pracer and elfat first glance thi will be fun

    ReplyDelete
  26. Eek! I can't unscramble any of those. How dumb am I, LOL? I'll check back for the answers tomorrow.

    My list of thirteen bizarre phobias is up at Siani's Pot-Pourri.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi, Thanks for stopping by. I'm pleased to hear you're joining in on the Christmas Tree Treasures event, and I appreciate the button display on your blog. See you on the 10th!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your new blog design~ You are very talented!

    Fun TT...I love word scrambles!

    That egg nog looks nasty...sounds nasty!

    Happy day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Okay, so now I don't have to waste my money on soy nog - not that I would have! I cracked up at the picture of the cupboard through the nog. Hilarious!!

    I love that song by Josh - we watch Polar Express every year with the grands and drink hot chocolate. Nice tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good Afternoon Hootin' Anni,
    I just seen where you stopped my my blog and visited my 12 Day of Christmas Meme. I'm so glad you stopped by. I had left a comment on the page where you have the banner and the Meme yesterday evening. I was letting you know I had done it. I just love your blog. It is so Festive Lookin'. I ain't puter smart here. I have an "INTERIOR BLOG DECORATOR". LOL. I so do enjoy blogging. If ya don't mind, I would like to add you to my blogroll. I usually try to visit everyone on my blogroll each day. Now, bout this Nog here, I don't think I could swallow that stuff. LOL. I did see right thru it. Now since I'm a born and bred Southern girl, give me the SOUTHERN COMFORT anytime. Yes maam, you read that right. LOL. Ya see, I'm on one of them there SeeFood Diets. LOL. Well, I hope you didn't mind me dropping by and visiting you. I so enjoyed it. You can let me know if ya don't mind me adding you to my blogroll. Take care my friend and have a great Thursday. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  31. oops, I'm sorry about doing the meme without adding your name. I will fix that right now.
    bj

    ReplyDelete
  32. Anni, I added your name and link to the meme on my blog.
    I'm sorry about that...bj

    ReplyDelete
  33. My turn to give it a whack!
    1. Prancer
    2. The Perfect Holiday
    3. Elf
    4. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
    5. White Christmas
    6. A Christmas Carol
    7. It's a Wonderful LIfe
    8. Jack Frost
    9. The Nightmare Before Christmas
    10. Home Alone
    11. Christmas With the Kranks
    12. Jingle All the Way
    13.Santa Claus

    2 and 11 were the hardest, for #2 I took out THE, and then PERFECT to leave the rest, nice jumble as you had me looking/thinking for something with child or toy in the title.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello Anni thank you for the shout & I am glad you like my balls or er ornaments lol looks good on your sidebar! Happy Holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hey, friend...no problem. None at all.
    I am still very new at blogging and still trying to learn the ropes and the rules of blogging.
    And...a big High Five on your blog..it looks fantastic.
    bj

    ReplyDelete
  36. I like boiled custard better than egg nog, but if I was going to drink egg nog you'd better believe it would be the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Anni great idea to give a puzzle for T13, but my mind is gone if you read my blog you'll know why....I used your signature, in my profile....couldn't let it go to waste it was too beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

.