my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



I've been visiting those who've left comments!! I must say this week is gonna be a lot of fun---such a different array of photos ----and not of the same subject for all of us to photograph; and view from one blog to another! You know what I mean? Why Willowtree stepped out and found a giant lizard in his yard! LOL...and I went to the next and saw a clothes hamper!! An eclectic fun Monday for sure!!! Thank you all for participating, I hope it's been fun for you.




<><><>

The Fun Monday Game I'm hosting for y'all is this:
MOTHER MAY I
Now before we begin, here are the directions from "Mother Anni"--
[Hope no one thought you were crazy enough to put you in "the suit", or a rubber room while experimenting with this! :o)]

- 30 GIANT STEPS - IN ANY direction. You may have to make a few turns and pivots so you won't run into any walls or such...don't want any injuries today! WARNING: Avoid any obstacles in the way- if there's a door...open it & continue, if there is a wall...pivot AROUND it. You may end up outdoors! Or perhaps if a small apartment....down the hallway....who knows?!! :::thinking::: "Oh gawd, if there's a pool at the end of your thirty steps, I sure as H E double L hope you can swim!!!!"

After the 30 giant steps, Stop!
TAKE A PHOTO AND/OR NOTE WHAT YOU'RE SEEING!!
Then, take 15 baby steps back.
After the 15 baby steps, Stop!
TAKE A PHOTO AND/OR NOTE WHAT YOU'RE SEEING
LOOK in any direction -to your right, left, up [more than likely, not down ---that'd be your feet!!]. What you see is what we get!!
Stop!
It's all about your first glance after the giant/baby steps!!! [You will have two photos/stories for us- the 30 giant steps then, the 15 baby steps going back]

Don't forget---ask "Mother may I"!!



<><><>


I played for the sake of testing my idea - LOL - this is what I came up with---


After leaving my chair from my computer I turned right and started my 30 GIANT STEPS...pivoting to my right to avoid the hallway wall....through the hall, turning left and walking through the dining room...stepping into the sunken living room then turning to my right and avoiding obstacles like walking through the windows!! This is where I stopped!!

A set of two small silver based lamps.




Then....to begin my 15 baby steps backward...I stopped and looked to my side. This is then in view of the camera lens....

A very, very empty gumball machine!! My holiday polar bear is protecting it with all his might.




Let me note here, to all who participated in my little silliness for the week, I thank you. It's been FUN hosting, and I enjoyed all the comments and visits along the way. You're all super.

NEXT WEEK'S HOSTESS WILL BE: Karisma


FUN MONDAY'S PARTICIPANTS:



Proceed with Caution
Surfing Speed
10 BPH
[that's bytes per hour]


There are approximately 60 players listed [give or take]--
BELOW IS A LIST OF THE PLAYERS! I hope I have them all. If I missed you, PLEASE let me know so I can add your url. If you'd like to join us today, leave us a comment in the comment section, I'll try to add your name to the list. HOPEFULLY, THE LINKS PROVIDED WILL OPEN IN A NEW BROWSER PAGE FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO VISIT THE PLAYERS WITHOUT LOSING THIS LIST THAT IS ALREADY OPEN!!!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _SIGN-UP SHEET_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Debs
Karisma *She will host November 19th
Dallas
Jill
Laurie
Kitten
Jenni
Lisa [Lisa's Chaos]
Mar
Robinella
Sayer
Min
Tiggerlane
Dawn
Anglophile
Lisa [The Food Snob]
Bren
Lady K
Sandy
Melli
Robin [Pensieve]
Sauntering Soul
Susan
Serina Hope
Janet
Christine
Emma
Terri
Ann
Karmyn
Amy W
ChrisB
BS
Blue Momma
Joy T
Alisonwonderland
Bermudabluez
Jo Beaufoix
MJD
Karina
Beckie
Alix
Kerith
Happy Working Mom
Bethany
DaBookLady
Arkansas Songbird
Robin [My Two Blessings]
Joy is My Goal
Rotten Correspondent
Pamela
Swampy
Willowtree
Sirdar
Junebug
Night Owl
Sandy [aka Flip Flop Floozie]
Rosie
Artist.......Purpleworms
Lucky Ducky


...and me.


48 comments :

  1. Your lamps are lovely and that little bear is rather cute.

    I'm not posting mine until tomorrow, I've sort of bent the rules so please don't be too cross with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an original idea, Anni. It sets the mind to wandering where one would end up and what one would see! Could be quite...er...unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anni,

    I love the lamps and that gum ball machine with the polar bear guard. This looked like a lot of fun, but I didn't participate because we are undergoing renovations. Not much to see but a mess.

    Hopefully I can participate when we get a little more done here.

    Now, off to see your Veteran's Day post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annie,
    I thought I'd let you and everyone know, I am having some technical difficulties with my server being down. Hopefully it will be up tomorrow. I'll be visting everyone still, just my site will be down.
    Thanks,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please add me to the list if it's not too late. I'll try to have something up by noon on Monday.
    Thanks. Swampy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anni, I wrestled with whether I would be able to do this one or not for a few days, in the end I decided on fudging a little, so if it's not too late, I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. FUN, Fun idea. Thanks for mixing it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anni, thanks for hosting this week's Fun Monday. You have created an interesting proposal for this week's event. We should see a wide range of pictures from all over the globe. I have already seen a snake, a lizard, and your lovely lamps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Hootin' Anni, I made a boo boo and did not give you the link properly, my link is http://lisaschaos.blog-city.com/ for Lisa's Chaos, the other blog is my grandson's blog. Thanx for fixing it when you have a chance and thanx for hosting. :)

    I love your lamps and this was a fun week. Mother may I have a piece of gum? It's empty? :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm late to the Fun Monday party...but I am partying :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are nice lamps. You should consider filling the gumball machine, you never know when you will have visitors wanting something from it. I will post my fun Monday tomorrow. I took some photos, and was going to come and unsign up, because I am tired, but I will stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantabulous Fun Monday!! Thanks for Hosting!! Love the little gumball machine with the bear....very cute!! Yeah....mine's a bit crazy...but you said you wanted to mix it up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOve the polar bear! This was a fun one to do. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love your holiday polar bear!

    this was great fun, Anni! thanks for hosting this week with such a unique assignment for us!

    happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your pictures, particularly the protective bear!!
    This was a fun game, Hootin' Anni's!
    My pics are posted
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I used to have a gumball machine just like that! It didn't survive my children... sadly. Glad to see yours is IN tact and safely guarded!!! I didn't focus on one "item" - I just snapped the shot, and what ya get is what ya get! This was fun though! Guess that's why it's called FUN Monday! (duh!) I'm off to see what others saw now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the gumball machine.

    thanks for hosting, annie. i enjoyed this one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, I've read FUN MONDAY posts on several blogs for several weeks now. How do I sign up?

    ReplyDelete
  19. hey you've got laurie linked to me too! let laurie have her blog on there, will ya! ha! i want to see what she has to say!

    ReplyDelete
  20. **Jill---thanks for the heads up on the link error. It's been fixed now. Laurie, I do so apologize.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How cute and how lovely! I love the lamps!
    I also want to say, I'm feeling really bad. I don't check Kate's Kate's place much. I mostly stay on my kitten's home school, so I just got your treat. I'm so sorry it has took this long, but it did give me a smile. Thank you so much!
    I left this on the post where you put my name. What's so bad is I read that post and didn't realize it was me you were talking about. Can you ever forgive me?

    ReplyDelete
  22. As soon as I am back I will read this in peace here I don't have enough time I loose a lot because of this @#$%^ keyboard !
    I also think to switch over to your head and tails because I am a little fat up with the Manic Monday.
    Don't miss my post tomorrow I only say it was hilarious .... Call Boys !!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like the plum wall behind the gumball machine! If hubby would go for it my whole house would be purple!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm thinking you must have a pretty big house! I think I'll be able to stay inside for this assignment, once I move into our new place.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the lamps! I think I went a little overboard with mine...but then, what else is new?

    ReplyDelete
  26. I don't see my name on the list of participants. I would like to be added. Mother, may I be added? Please.....

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fun Monday... Mine is posted..
    Thanks Hootin' Anni for sharing ..
    Baba

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just love that gum ball machine! Thanks for hosting. This was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I did not sign up but I tried it and I will post what I got. Kind of fun..thanks for being our hostess. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for hosting this week! So far I've gotten through about half the list. Great topic! It really pulled in a load of people.

    I'll be back to read the rest later!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for hosting this week! It was fun.

    I also love your gumball machine.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm thinking of doing a post on my house and my road tomorrow. My house and road was both built in the 1940's. Maybe I can get that camera back to give detail pics.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey we have a candy machine in our basement...that is always empty too :o) Thanks for hosting this Fun Monday Anni, it was so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love that gumball machine! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanx for fixing my link :) This is a GREAT Fun Monday (and I remember having soaker hoses all around our house too when we lived in Corpus.)

    ReplyDelete
  36. How Fun!! I'm a little late....but can I play, too. Mother May I ?

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love your lamps. And, the polar bear trying to break into the gumball machine is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks for hosting Anni, you did a great job, and I love the gumball machine.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Anni, what a great job you did! Thanks so much. It was great fun to do and great fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Anni,

    I have entered your name in my Christmas book giveaway. Since you already have the book, I ask that you give it to a senior or other deserving person if you are the winner.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi, Anni,

    The blog is up now - I was just having problems uploading! (purpleworms.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  42. This looks so fun. My daughter said, sign up, I want to play! Can we play next Monday?

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thanks for hosting. This was a lot of fun.

    Your bear is really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love the lamps. They are beautiful. But I ask....why two beside each other on the same table?

    The bear and the gumball machine is pretty neat.

    Thanks for hosting this fun little soirée :-)

    ReplyDelete
  45. What a great idea Anni. I had fun doing it. Confused the heck out of my kitty. What's that woman doing in the rain? Thanks

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  46. hi! i'm jumping on the fun monday bandwagon, better late than never!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hey Anni,

    I have to appologize, I forgot all about playing this week as I had a rare escape during the weekend. I plan on running around to see what everyone else did with your fun idea though. Thanks for coming up with it and for hosting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love the bear on the gumball machine. I want one!

    ReplyDelete

.