my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




HAPPY 232nd BIRTHDAY
UNITED
STATES MARINE CORPS!!
Ooorah!!!




About | Theme: FLEXIBLE | Roll
Next week "I LOVE ______(fill in the blank)"


FLEXIBLE: (flex·i·ble) (flek´sĭ-bəl) [L. flexibilis, flexilis] readily bent without tendency to break.



Well, flexible was something that was a mind bender for sure! What ever could I find during the busy week that could 'fit the category'? I say busy because it took hubby and me three days to replace all the soaker [what some call drip system] hose that had become stiff and less flexible. The hoses are attached to the sprinkler system as you can see by the program valve covers here & it goes entirely around our home's foundation.


...and for those that ask why around the foundation? Well, if you live in Texas, you'd understand. You see around this 'neck of the woods' the earth has quite a lot of shifting going on year 'round. And the soil is very much clay! Which will harden if not kept moist....which will actually make the house shift if not soaked around the foundation periodically! If it's not soaked, shifting of the house and interior/exterior walls'll split apart!! So, we tore out the old stuff, and replaced it now that it's cool enough to work outdoors again. And the new hose is quite flexible.


Of course, while out there in the yard with dirty hands and itchy from dried up weeds and such, I brought the camera out once hubby said the new stuff is more "flexible" than the old! [Of course I secretly said to myself "Self? Well duh! It's new!!! But to keep from the evil glare, I said nothing to Bud. rofl] And while there with the camera, I turned and saw the beautiful flower [hibiscus] swaying in the breeze upon a flexible branch!!! Yes sir!! What I thought would stump me with the tough category---I made it! But wait.....while yanking and tugging the new hose, something was amiss here----


Not paying attention to my work, the hose knocked one of my frog figurines off the patio stone---and CRASH, crack, boom. NOT SO FLEXIBLE!!! What started off as one job of work, I turned it into THREE---1] replacing hose 2] using the job as a kodak moment for the week's category and, 3] making myself another job of work, patching "Thadeus Toad"!!! Anybody got a frog-sized, Band-Aid? ::::holding up sign on corner:::: "I'll work for Band-Aids"

Now, I have a question! Just why aren't the OIL companies in this country and around the world...why aren't they FLEXIBLE?!!!

<><><>



My blog friend, Mary, at Mary's Writing Nook stopped by yesterday, and wrote in the comments that she had something for me. "Goodie"! I love little gifties! They always mean a great deal to me, because they come from the heart!! She says: "I visit your blogs almost daily and you visit mine and I consider you all online friends that are cherished." I thank you!! From the bottom of my heart.

I will share the award with others as I think of those who are special to me. But right now, I would love to pass this special gift "friendship award" along to one of my longtime online friends.....

Liberty Belle @ Blowing in the Wind
[She and I go back a long long way! About 10, maybe 11 years! When I was an online novice, she quickly took me under her wing and we became very good friends. Her talents in the music business are incomparable....a sweet, sweet, lady. She has two blogs, she is a teacher, she has time to take her students on trips....she is a song lyricist, and has one of her songs recorded....by none other than Antonio Banderas! *be still my heart*---and, she still has time to be there for me to make me laugh; make me feel good!! She is a very giving, trustworthy friend.]



Then Grams dropped by in the afternoon and told me she had something special for me!! Her words about me and my blog made me blush, [For Creativity: Anni at Hootin'Anni 's
You all know I think that Anni is really really creative!! She can write, do photo's computer stuff with one hand tied behind her!
] to think someone as loving as "Grams" would say this about me...little ol' me!! As I told her in HER comments...I Luvya Bunches!!! Thanks so much.




48 comments :

  1. Don't you hate it when you knock over your garden frog? -- lucky it wasn't that gnome you keep hidden beneath that bush! If you have time drop by my blog and see whether it's a banana in my pocket or just happy to be in France flexible post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those are excellent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful find for flexible theme!

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Love the quote above... The hibiscus is beautiful. Can't have a hibiscus this time of year where I am...
    Come visit me at
    Work of the Poet

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea!! It is so nice to see a flower this time of year!! great flexible photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My condolences on the loss of froggies arm! I didnt know that about the water lines around your home! Ya learn something new everyday on the web huh? and Grams & Liberty Bell are so right! You ARE a very special on line friend, and I cherish our friendship too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh! I thought you were going to tell me about how FLEXIBLE you were while down on your knees digging in the dirt to hide those flexible soaker hoses!!! You tricked me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cristóvão of aguiar stoled the authorithy of the book of MIGUEL TORGA.
    Read all about in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't we glad someone invented flexible hoses?! Oh, poor froggy -- hope he's on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor froggy:)But nice photos and take this week!:D
    Mine is up here;
    Photo Hunt:Flexible
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shots...poor little frog! :(

    Have a good weekend. Happy Hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great take on this week's theme - lovely pics. I hope Froggie's forgiven you for the mishap. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dealing with this darn TX clay always makes me want to be unflexible. But like you we don't have much choice so we have our flexible soakers out as well. Great choice, never would have thought of that one. Congrats on all your awards you got. Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poor froggy!

    Great choice for flexible!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I learned the hard way what happens when it is a dry spell and you don't keep the foundation wet!! What a mess! It took my grand sons and Karen to fix it a few years ago!! Now if it starts to look like it is turning off dry Kelly goes out with the hose and takes care of it!!! Never again do I want a mess like that!!
    You had a great photo hunt!! Love and Hugs, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great choice for flexible this week, but am sorry for your froggie breaking his arm. Beautiful flower in between. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the suggestion of a theme: HIDDEN -- I will use it. =0

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post for today Anni. Poor Froggie.

    ReplyDelete
  19. great job this week!yep that froggy sure is not flexible! ;)Happy HUNT!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That was an interesting piece of information regarding the need to keep the soil moist for the sake of your house!! I was thinking about your garden... I keep learning new things :)
    Great takes on the theme, poor frog, though :(
    Congrats on your awards, you are certainly very special ::wink::

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's a beautiful flower! :) I just did my first photo hunt ever, come check it out if you get a chance. Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those things are a pain in the rear but sure come in handy in August when it's 110!
    Great idea for flexible...
    ~~~Blessings~~~

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice photos! Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. That was a whole lesson in more than one subject. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It always happen that something is knocked down in the garden. Especially when we are busy with something else other than what we are supposed to be doing. :D

    It was a little uncomfortable to know that there's a tendency for houses over there at Texas to shift if not taken cared of like what you do. It sounds tedious.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oooh, sorry about your little garden frog...poor wee chap.

    Congratulations on the awards...well deserved and of course, you are very flexible in your writing matter.

    ReplyDelete
  27. hi there! great take on the theme..

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ok now I am worried - I don't have soaker hoses around my foundation. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Poor Mr Froggie! Great idea for the theme though, and thanks so much for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Poor froggie, we know he is not flexible but is he fixable? We didn't know that a soaker hose is necessary to have around your house in Texas. It seems it doesn't matter where you are in the world, there are unique issues to that specific place.
    Thanks for dropping by.

    Moe & Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  31. great hunt for the flexible theme... :) have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh no Thadeus Toad...He needs to be more flexible!

    ReplyDelete
  33. PS - we forgot to answer your question - yes, I am lying on a towel, a very large bath sheet, with a gorgeous Siamese cat print.....it is so comfy,

    regards, Moe

    ReplyDelete
  34. Those are awesome, great takes on the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your garden frog is cute - I hope he was easy to fix! I would have never thought that you would have to water a house's foundations!

    I'm naturally flexible this week.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Found your blog through Grams of "Talk...to...Grams!" I really enjoyed my visit here. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'm sorry but this is funny for me. Because you have confirmed my past experiences: household chores turn into nightmares. Tis better not to start them at all then to make one chore turn into three. I hope you are able to repair that pretty frog!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Aw, froggy you weren't flexible enough to save your arm. Wonderful post as always, Anni :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hmmm, I didn't know that you had to soak your foundation in Texas. Here in Ohio we try our best to keep water AWAY from our foundations! ;)

    poor Mr. Frog. He looks sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow, thanks for the info! We do live in Texas as of a few years ago and I did not know that about the dirt around the foundation. Trust me, I knew about the clay; what a mess that can cause! Great pics and great information! Thanks and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  41. great photos. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  42. great photos for this weeks theme! Love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  43. a whole day's adventure for the photo hunt! well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Very interesting post. Never would have thought about soaking the land in a dry area to keep the house together.

    Liquid nails or something similar for your frog buddy might work.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I did not get to play today as my Saturday was just packed FULL and overflowing!! You did well on your choices though. They just seemed to fall right in place for you!! Hope your weekend is going great..Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  46. Great idea for a post, interesting as well, learnt a little there :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi Anni. Interesting thing about the foundation.

    Sorry about that poor frog. Hope you were able to put it back together.

    Great question. I hope Oil Companies can be more flexible and considerate.

    ReplyDelete
  48. u chose great pics for this week's theme

    ReplyDelete

.