“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Saturday Photo Hunt below this....

Well, hubby and I went to see the movie AMAZING GRACE last night. Tho, for me, it was a very highly anticipated flick, and the last section, with the song being played by bagpipes---well, I cried. But the movie itself was a bit disappointing. For me, tho quite an historical piece [which I love this genre] --it bounced around, way way too much. From flashbacks to 'present time' ---too often.

The film and writers did well, but if they'd done less going back and then going forward in time, it would have been much better for me.

Well acted, great story...very historical and follows history books....but still a bit jumbled.

Here is the you tube preview video from my Tuesday blog. As I love to have someone share their views on movies, one of my passions is movie going---I also love to write my own opinions. That way, when I feel like renting a movie or buying one I can go back and remember if the movie was worth it.

<>~<>~<>

I've been DEFINED!!

as an adjective--


Hootin Anni --

[adjective]:

Benevolent to a fault





'How will you be defined in the dictionary?' at QuizGalaxy.com

and as a noun---


Hootin Anni --

[noun]:

A master blogger



TAKE THAT!!!---charlie tuna!!!






8 comments :

  1. I'm first! Yippeeeeee!!

    First off, let me just say this new page is just BOOOTIFUL!! I love green anyway and the layout is just super!!

    I was thinking about seeing this movie. From the clips they showed on TV and your review, it looked pretty good. I have to agree with you that I think many of these 'anticipated' movies are nothing more than that.

    We went to see Ghost Rider last Monday. I had seen previews last summer and it really looked sensational. But altho I thought the film was good and the special EFX stunning, the plot was weak and the acting even worse. Yet it's making a ton of money at the box office based upon hype aimed especially at the kiddos.

    I guess I'm just a retro girl...LOL. I love old movies from the 40's, 50's and 60's and everything that's made today really doesn't appeal that much to me.

    Great post, Anni! Have a wonderful Saturday. More problems on the homefront. I'll fill you in on the board.

    Hugz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure don't make movies like they used to.

    Hubby and I watched Facing The Giants last night. It was very good, the acting was mediocre, but the story and the message were wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First your question : yes the pastel painting is from me.

    I haven't seen this film yet and I don't know if I would like to see it although I love history very much, but so far movies always disappointed me and going back and forth in the times I don't like either, that makes me confused. I watched a very nice movie this afternoon on "on demand" TV it's not so new but I loved it. I don't know the titel in English it was a story with Meryl Streep and Uma Turman, where she played a psy whose son was involved with her patient ! It was funny on one side, but very touching too. She is a great actor !

    BTW each time I came here on your blog, I forgot to congratulate you on your new template ! It looks very, very nice. I am waiting for new headers which my son will do for me, he has photoshop. I just want him to add the titles in the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree....bagpipes almost always make me cry...I think they can be the redeeming feature in almost anything ;) I was here once quite a while back...and wow, it's nice and green on here...let me guess...got some Irish in ya? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your new look. It's easier to see the text of your post with this one.

    We went to see Amazing Grace last night, too. I agree with some of what you said. It was a good movie but it did jump back and forth an awful lot. The only reason that didn't confuse me was because I had previously read that the movie did that, so I was prepared for it. But we did enjoy the movie.

    Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Anni, I agree it did jump back and forth and I felt a little jerked around, but I guess I was pretty forgiving in that area.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog - I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I'll be...defined! Who thought up that one, but I'm going to have a go and see what I'm defined as.

    I don't get to the movies much, I mainly what them when they eventually make it on to TV.

    Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. pling-pling - from vikigland..

    first: every thing on your page was in disorder. luckely, i've bben on the the net a couple of times before:))

    Secondly: where do you have your creativity from?

    #3. Vinilla or Vanillean in icecream

    #4 Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete

.