my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Friday's Feast below!

Found this at Carmen Has Gone to Plaid and wanted to give it a shot...err, um, go. But, I won't tag you. I don't believe it's fair, taggin'. So, if you wanna do it...have at 'er!! And let me know so's I kin check yur's out too!


A- Available or single: How many are following us? All of 'em? What's the matter with those guys? I'm neither single nor available unless we're talkin' shoppin' or doin' lunch!! What time do we meet and where?

B- Best Friend: I have to say myself first. Just 'cause. No, I'm not self-centered. But, I know what I like best, I know how to take care of me and I tend to do what I want so, I know when I need to say no, I know when to say yes---things like that give me reasons for my answer, I would be my own best friend because of those factors. I mean, some of my friends think they know me well....but they never know what I'm really thinking or yearning for in life as I do.

Others that I consider friends are ALL 'best' in their own ways...I like 'em equally. So I don't think of anyone as BEST friends. How's that for diplomacy?

C- Cake or pie: PIE! Hands down. I've never been much for cakes...too sweet, and the frosting is something I always end up scraping off...yucky. (Although I will divulge in a slice of cake once or twice a year, but that is plenty for me)

D- Drink of choice: Water, ice cold water. Perhaps with a twist of lemon. Then, diet-decaffinated coke or pepsi; makes no difference.

E- Essential item I use every day: Toothbrush, mouthwash, soap.

F- Favorite color: Forest Green and deep velvety purple. Along with my favorite texture, denim, and I'm happy.

G- Gummy Bears or Gummy Worms: Bears. Cherry flavored only tho---oops, and here I thought I wasn't picky about tastes and meaningless things....guess I was wrong.

H- Hometown: My hometown was actually on the TV program Hee Haw's 'hometown salute'....population 1,174!! Somewhere in Nebraska. Oh ya!! I did say Nebraska...the cornhusker state. Do I back the great and wonderful "OZ" of a football team? NO!!! But if you ask politely, I do tell y'all that Nebraska is my homestate.

I- Indulgence: Sunbathing. But not often enough any more. Those ultraviolet rays are reported to be hazardous to your well-being. But, oh to lay in the sun and read by the water...or even on a blanket in the lush green grass is just so me!!

J- January or February: February. February 9th to be exact. Heeeeeeeeee, hawwwww!!!

K- Kids and names: Ya, I do. 5 to be exact. Two grown. Names witheld to protect the not so innocent. The other 3?---rightcheer at home with me. Hubby, he's the oldest; then two furbabies. I've given up on my other kids...my plants...I used to talk to them and they'd respond. Now, seems we're not on talkin' terms anymore and they leave one by one!!

L- Life is incomplete without: Books! Oh, and air that I breathe.

M- Marriage date: For some y'all would think hubby and I go way back to biblical times....eons ago, days of yore, colonial times. That's about 1968 for us senior citizens...the good ol' days. 39 years of wedded bliss....and I state that with conviction. I'm very proud to love just the one man, my soul mate.

N- Number of siblings: Four. That's 4. One sister, two brothers still living and one that is no longer with us here on earth. He's still with me tho, in memory. My sister and I? We be best buds!!!

O- Oranges or apples: I like both very much. But if I had to choose, I'd go with apples. TART and juicy. Crisp and hard. I'm not picky! (But I don't care for red delicious or mushy soft apples....irk *gag*!!)

P- Phobias or fears: Ha! Ya I got 'em! But, I'm conquering them. Bridges with iron tresses are the worst. And height...even on the second floor of the mall looking down makes me get weak in the knees...but funny thing, I love to fly in airplanes!! Weird, ya I know...but true.

Q- Favorite quote: I read this in Junior High (middle school these days) ---and I can quote it still today...by Robert Frost and the poem is Stopping by the Woods at Night. The line I love and live by a lot is --"And I have miles to go before I sleep, miles to go before I sleep" For me, that means I still have a lot of living to do.

Also, the whole poem "Footprints" has special meaning in my life, when health and happiness didn't go well together for a period of time, and probably in the future...I find strength in that poem and I have it in a credit-card style, and carry it with me in my billfold---all the time.

R- Reasons to smile: So many...our cats' antics, small well-behaved children, jokes, beautiful sunrises, comedy, hubby, oldies but goodies -cartoons; i.e. Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck, seeing old friends and relatives, traveling to places where I've not been ....oh so many reasons to smile. I love to smile and laugh. One more thing comes to mind: how can I forget this? Whippin' hubby's butt off in games, that makes me smile also. Hey, I'm a competitor.

S- Season: Spring summer and autumn...I'm not much on winter snows, tho I love cooler air above 50 and not hotter than 70---LOL. Like I said, I'm not picky.

T- Tag 3 or 4 people: Sorry, just not my style.

U- Unknown fact about me: I shave my armpits! Surprise!!! Oh, and deodorant is used too....so don't be too shocked and dismayed.

V- Vegetable you don’t like: I can eat just any of my veggies... if my brussel sprouts are too big, they're bitter tasting, and I shove 'em to the side of my plate and don't eat 'em. ON the other hand, if they're small and tender, I love 'em. Turnips would probably be my least favorite, tho I CAN eat them...with gobs of butter. REAL butter. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, wait!!! I just thought of one that makes me gag big time---OKRA! Give me okra and you'll see me dry heave all over the place.

W- Worst habit: Beans, beans, the more I eat the better I toot! Actually, all in fun for the prior....but I have so many bad habits, I couldn't list 'em here.

X- X-Rays: Well, I'm over the hill, so if I said no to this, I'd be lyin'. Many, many in my day. Teeth, abdomen, fingers when I broke them...oh and the all surrounding---lay your boob on the cold stainless steel type x-ray! YA! That one.

Y- Your favorite food: Again, I can't name favorites here....let's just say food would be a favorite. I love food. Perhaps cheese. I love cheese. Most any kind except goat cheese....too stinky to even have on hand.

Z- Zodiac sign: "This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius....
A QUAR I US!!"

4 comments :

  1. Hi...I love your new blog...may I change the link on mine to reflect it please? And, I need to email you personally soon. *s*http://a-blog-4-chilady.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very good way to get to know a little about you. Your answers tell quite a bit. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I mention the new blog is adorable? You really put alot of work and thought into it...has such a nice Texan "feel" to it too!

    Loved this meme!!! You are quite an interesting person.

    One of these days we gonna meet, I just know it! Perhaps once I get down South, you know? Texas is not that far away from Florida...

    Hope you're having a great week.

    We've been running around...I need to get on my blog and do some updating too.

    Stay well, dear lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been added to the blogging chicks blogroll.

    ReplyDelete

.