my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out







Appetizer

How do you usually celebrate on New Year's Eve?

Nothing special....it's just another day for us two. We do have a traditional meal, around 11p.m. tho--by the time it's complete, it's a new year. It's always grilled steak, potato, salad, wine, and Eurpoean Crusty Bread.

Soup
Name one thing unexpected that happened to you in 2006.

I'm thinking hard on this...but I can't come up with anything! Well, I got a good report from my doctor that was unexpected...so, that could be one! I was given good news as far as I'm concerned...that I was doing so well that I could now begin having just YEARLY visits with her! Instead of every 4 months! Ya, that was a good unexpected!!

Salad
Where was your favorite place that you visited in 2006?

Actually, the best place we've been to this past year is a frequent return trip! I love the little quaint fishing village of Rockport, Texas. It's on the shore, quiet, and quite antiquated along with a friendly atmosphere! And it's very pretty! I love going to quiet towns and just enjoy the ambiance of the area! It relaxes me, lets me enjoy life and drink in the beauty and scenery of it all!!

Main Course
What resolution is your top priority for 2007?

I don't do resolutions! Well, maybe I do ---it'd be "Don't make silly comments/resolutions!" Now THAT one I can be sure to keep.

Dessert
Using just three words, describe 2006.

Went TOO fast!!!!

20 comments :

  1. Good surprises are always good thing. (Now that was obvious...)

    I think I may consider myself tagged with the first meme (after Her Highness The Siamese lets me)... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your desert is the best!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great feast. I did add my dessert but guess it was after you stopped by. Sorry:)Had to edit;).Would love to visit Texas some day.I agree with your dessert. Have a great weekend and happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to agree with you on your main course...I don't do resolutions either.

    Hope you have a great 2007!

    Take care,
    Connie
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great feast! Hope the New Years is a good year for everyone.

    My feast is up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Feast Annie!! Mine is up now too. Stop by and visit if you find the time...Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a "satisfying" feast. Subdued, but tastey! I don't normally make resolutions either - but this year I do have a few things that I truly mean to work on - and so I AM resolved to do them!

    Happy New Year Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to hear that the doctor has reduced your checkups. That is a good sign. Wishing you the best of health this 2007.

    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  9. Time flies when we're having fun :) Thanks for stopping by and have a great new year! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I added you without asking..OOOPS!! no problem..Anni...Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dessert is so true! Thanks for dropping by mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rockport sounds lovely. Thanks for stopping by my site!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for feasting with me. : )

    There's a quiet place here in Arkansas where we go trout fishing. We LOVE that place. It's beautiful. Trout fishing is the best.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you kindly for dropping by!
    Most impressed with your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great feast! I love your soup and totally agree. Your dessert is too true. Have a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A good feast. I like your salad. When Skittles and I travel we usually make stops at little towns off the beaten path. We've found such little treasures when we did. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute site you have. This is my first visit, but I know it won't be my last! Happy Friday. And, congratulations on getting good news from your doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Feast and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for stopping by my Sunflower blog!
    Great Feast!


    I will exercise for comments!
    Sunflower

    ReplyDelete
  20. Somehow I couldn't get to your site at any of the link I saw yesterday, but got here today via the Photo Scavenger Hunt. LOL @ your dessert -- the years do seem to fly more qickly each time! I grew up in SE TX but don't think I have ever heard of Rockport or just don't remember it -- sounds lovely!

    Thanks for visiting my place yesterday! You're welcome any time. :)

    ReplyDelete

.