“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Once again, Mel G!bs0n makes headlines....I guess


Click either button to Join



THURSDAY 13

So often you read a catchy short sentence.
Hey that's a good one, I'll keep it in mind you decide.
But you'll forget, that's the way it is. Here are 13 I like...

  • 1] When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace. (Jimi Hendrix)
  • 2] You were born as an original. Don't die as a copy.
  • 3] It takes a day to find a friend, a moment to lose them but a lifetime to forget them.
  • 4] Don't make someone a priority who only makes you an option.
  • 5] Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired. (Robert Frost)
  • 6] It's no coincidence that the word "listen" is an anagram of the word "silent".
  • 7] It is not what you gather but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
  • 8] Looks capture the eyes. Personality captures the heart.
  • 9] Don't ask someone to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.
  • 10] We can't always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future. (Franklin D. Roosevelt)
  • 11] People laugh because I'm different, I laugh because they're all the same.
  • 12] Utility is when you have one telephone, luxury is when you have two, and paradise is when you have none.
  • 13] An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. (Gandhi)



  • - - -<><><>- - -


    THURSDAY THUNKS


    Got your taxes done? Ya, it's always a hassle tho. It should be easy with being a retiree you'd think.

    What do batteries run on? Negative and positive chemical energies. duh! [WAIT...Diosa said they don't have legs so can't run...I like that much better. Now, why didn't I think of that?!!!]

    What do chickens think we taste like? I didn't know chickens even thunk, let alone come to conclusions. You tell me!!!

    What do they call a French kiss in France? Langue dans la bouche -literally

    Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons? You got me...I've oftentimes wondered the same thing.

    How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said? Ask them to sign it OR get closer and read lips. It's a simple process.

    I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Darn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voice mail. What did you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away? Ha...if there is no caller ID I wouldn't even BE RETURNING a call. I wouldn't bother with it.....Anni equals a phone-a-phobic. Well not phobic, just loathing phones is all.

    So Mel Gibson left his girlfriend - think he's finally heard of me? My humble opinion...if you're really all THAT concerned....you BOTH need psychiatric treatment!! Make an appointment...NOW!!!

    Why do they call it "getting your dog fixed" if afterwards it doesn't work anymore? "IT" whaddya mean by 'it'?

    Are you bothered that I didn't number these? Nah. Should I be?












    POSTED: Thursday, April 15th, 2010
    4:50 A.M.

    38 comments :

    1. 1, 4, 5, 6, 10...well said words!

      ReplyDelete
    2. # 12 is so spot on :D

      i love to be without my phone sometimes - it really is paradise :D

      lovely share!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Love your answers!! Hope you have a great Thursday!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Anni BEAUTIFUL Blog :)

      ReplyDelete
    5. I love your "Thursday 13" a lot, and I have had #11 as my email tag *forever* :). Couldn't agree more with you Mel Gibson comeback lol.

      Thanks for coming by my blog :)! I'll be back more often to see what you are up to!

      Penny \IiiI

      ReplyDelete
    6. I wonder who said no. 11...
      No. 2 is good advice, and I'm delighted to find a Jimi Hendrix wisdom on your list. Can I borrow nos. 4 and 12 for my FB shoutout?

      ReplyDelete
    7. What a fun blog :)I liked the second one. Too often we try to emulate others and forget just how unique we really are. So glad I dropped by. Wishing you a great Thursday .

      ReplyDelete
    8. That friend quote hit home... my closest friend and are currently not on the same page and things are a little skewed in the friendship. Hard to keep people happy sometimes.

      ReplyDelete
    9. Hazel Of course...be my guest. They're not MY quotes - just ones I have favorited.

      ReplyDelete
    10. Jimi Hendrix and Gandhi - gotta love it!

      ReplyDelete
    11. I didn't hear about Mel Gibson. I used to like him, but he's really screwed up lately!

      ReplyDelete
    12. I don't know much about whether chickens thunk, but do they even have tongues? Can they taste anything? And why do I even care? Great job as always, Anni! Happy Thursday...

      ReplyDelete
    13. Hey Anni!
      I loved your t-13- excellent!
      That TT was posted too late for me this week. It was kind of, um er, not that great. Mel Gibson? Ya watch the news people? He'd be a great date for the Queen of Alaska :)

      Have a great day!

      ReplyDelete
    14. Bud You're right...you need tongues to have taste buds!!! Ingenious. My oh my but I have some brainy people visiting today!!! But I think it'd be a consensus here with Thursday Thunks...sad, people...we need a life! [kidding!]

      ReplyDelete
    15. I had to load through Explorer because you can't leave a comment here using Google Chrome. Just thought you'd want to know why some don't leave comments.
      I heart Jimi Hendrix.
      Happy T13!

      ReplyDelete
    16. Adelle I just loaded and installed Google Chrome...with my settings to accept 3rd party cookies, the comment form works for me...I'm using Google Chrome right now as I type this comment!

      ReplyDelete
    17. Great job!
      I don't return calls unless the message specifically asks that I do so. And if there is no message, I figure the call was a wrong number. When I give my phone number to someone, I tell them I only answer calls I recognize so they better leave a message if they want me to know they've called. Best thing about only having cell phones is no telemarketers.
      Mama Bear

      ReplyDelete
    18. Great selection of quotes.
      I just pray that we can keep moving our feet.

      ReplyDelete
    19. I really like #6. If only I could get my kids to internalize that thought!

      ReplyDelete
    20. As always I enjoyed your answers. I hope you are having a good day.

      ReplyDelete
    21. Yesterday I came across a little book of "rhymeos," sayings in two lines that rhymed. I think small is beautiful and when it comes to words, often less is best, a distillation.

      ReplyDelete
    22. Sweet list. I'll have to remember some of those for Valentines next year.

      Thank you so much for reducing the size of the little image on the left so it no longer blocks the words! The duckling and such were driving me crazy.

      ReplyDelete
    23. Those are fantastic quotes. I especially love the Hendrix quote!

      ReplyDelete
    24. Love the post! Happy TT!

      ReplyDelete
    25. I love your Thursday 13. Especially number 13. So true. :) LOL..you sound like me what do you mean by it? LOL But don't look for mine. Posted way to late for me to do participate this week. I'm sorta glad. Chicken? pffft Have a great Thursday :)

      ReplyDelete
    26. Enjoyed your post.

      ReplyDelete
    27. wehehe love the Mel G's answer :)

      u may view mine here

      ReplyDelete
    28. I will stay an original, lol ! very nice quotes !

      ReplyDelete
    29. I loved the Thursday Thunk and some of them I have wondered about to. Like the Lemon thing.
      Thanks for another great Thursday.

      ReplyDelete
    30. I love your #7! My favorite is "It's not the amount of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away"
      Thank you for visiting my blog! The picture of Tyson the new cat will be up soon!

      ReplyDelete
    31. I love the quotes - the kind of thing I like to post on Facebook.

      When my little Feisty says something I don't hear or understand and I ask her "What?" more than once, she says "Oh, never mind!" Funny.

      ReplyDelete
    32. Silence is an anagram of listen. I never noticed that before!

      ReplyDelete
    33. Good selection of sentences, my friend! There is much wisdom in those few words.

      ReplyDelete
    34. I love those sayings, most of them are new to me. I should write #2 and #7 down.

      ReplyDelete
    35. yeah, taxes are a pain! =x Great answers!

      ReplyDelete

    .