The Pumpkin Eater...


Last week we had a cold front move in. Cold for South Coastal Texas that is. The day before it arrived, we had wind and rain. So, I stayed home for most of the day. By mid-afternoon, I became bored and brought out my sketch pad. Of course, I began drawing the outer borders of something a bit Halloween'ish. After done with it, I titled it "Pete the Pumpkin Eater" ---the digestion went right thru him. Poor Peter...

From outline sketch to the finished image:


49 comments:

  1. You are so good in the drawing! Looks superb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this Anni! The design, the colors, and the shading! Well done!

    Have a spooktacular Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a cool sketch. Well done Anni! Enjoy your day, have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is wonderful and you are so talented, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I love this. Is he taking his pet pumpkin for a walk?

    ReplyDelete
  6. my favorite part of the drawing is the FrankenPumpkin... love it..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an artistic talent that you showcase beautifully! I love the "stages" you show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great job. Loved seeing the progression. You are never bored are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...yes, I get bored easily. Especially if I stay home on a rainy day.

      Delete
  9. Very cute.....

    🍁🌰🌻🍂🎃🍂🌻🌰🍁
    "Hark! The wind is rising,
    And the air is full of leaves.
    We've had our summer evenings.
    Now, for October Eves."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BBB...did you compose that poem?!! I really like it.

      Delete
    2. See G M's comment below

      Delete
  10. Anni I'm so happy to know someone who can draw and I thank you for the process from sketch to finish. BOL digestion went right thru him, and you are funny too.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep...slipped right thru him. And still, stuck to his ribs good. 😉

      Delete
  11. Bryan just looked at these. He said he loved how you made the sketch appear as if it were many years old not freshly done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell your "B" his input is noted. Thanks

      Delete
  12. SOOOOOOO good!!!! You are amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda...coming from you, who has art talents like you, means so much.

      Delete
  13. Anonymous10/24/2022

    Great sketch. If only I could draw. sigh.
    The poem that begins with Listen, the wind is rising.... is by Humbert Wolfe. There are some great videos on Youtube to go with it. Granny Marigold

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS GM...knowing who should be credited is a big plus in my book. I appreciate it.

      Delete
    2. ...and it's "listen" instead of "hark". Thanks again

      Delete
  14. Cheerful Monk10/24/2022

    I love it! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  15. For a Halloween spook, he's awfully cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great sketch, I like it.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's terrific, you are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your art always amazes me - you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think some of will be spending less time outside. Rain most of the day.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  20. Methinks some colored pencils need to be within my grasp. You are an inspiration! Peter has a look that says "oops!"

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your Pete the Pumpkin Eater! Loved his description. I wish I had your imagination and your talent. Not long now to Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my, how delightful. I love how your mind creates..fabulous sketch of Peter.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL-That looks like kind of a scary pumpkin eater to me. You are VERY talented. Happy Wednesday to you! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...happy Wednesday yourself.

      Delete

Table of Contents