

Granted, my purpose of driving to Port Aransas was a morning outing, enjoying the beautiful weather!!! Finally, a bit of relief from the inferno we've been experiencing since April 2022. The air was dry, the temp in the low to mid 70s. And a comfortable breeze blowing softly. Again, the construction goes on at my birding sanctuary. That was my first stop. And, again...very few birds. I don't think they like the loud machinery and disturbances on their waterfront. I hopped back in the car and drove to the jetty. There were ships galore on the channel. Along with pilot boats, tug boats, and all the action on the channel distracted me from birding. Of course all I saw of birds was the usual, terns, gulls, and pelicans. While I walked the beach, I watched the kiteboarding activities. But, I kept going back to watching the ships instead...



Flagship: Bermuda --Gaslog's Itinerary

Shrimp boat

...As I was following this ship thru the channel, I happened to notice a guy on the ship's exterior ladder!! First time ever! My first thought was "This is crazy! Who in their right mind would climb a ladder?" Then, after thinking and after my initial fright, I realized it was the ship's pilot, readying to be picked up by the pilot boat. Right? I hope so...or else I'll have nightmares!!!

Cyan Nova -tanker Flagship Liberia
It was coming up on midmorning, I still had a 40 minute drive back home, so I left as the other ships bid me adieu going out to sea...


A perfect way to spend the morning. I wouldn't mind sitting there watching the activity from all the ships.
ReplyDeleteIt's entertaining. Plus watching other people watching the activities.
DeleteThose are huge ships! Love the shrimp boat.
ReplyDelete😊
DeleteWhat beautiful ships, Anni! And I'm with Molly about the shrimp boat... I loved it too. Driving 40 minutes away sounds like a long excursion to my hermit-butt. *lol* I'm hopeless! :-) ~Andrea xoxo
ReplyDeleteIt depends on the highway traffic...some days the drive is relaxing ...others, not so much.
DeleteAnni, don't you just love when the air changes as we move into the Autumn months? Same here.
ReplyDeleteAnd once again, beautiful captures! Love them all; especially the one of the shrimp boat. Very cool shot!
The ones of the ship pilot on the ladder made me shiver. It's like when I see the window cleaners dangling from a wire outside a high-rise apartment building in the city. From the 40th floor. YIKES!
Have a great day, my friend!
True on the skyscrapers window washers
Deletelove the tug boats, love the ships, these are all great shots.
ReplyDeleteThanks...good knowing you enjoyed the photos Sandra
DeleteLoved all the pictures and glad to know you were there to capture the excitement of the guy on the ladder. Neat boats!
ReplyDelete😊
DeleteSorry the construction is still keeping the birds away but at least you had quite a show the boats put on to entertain you and us.
ReplyDeleteEntertaining indeed.
DeleteI love the shrimp boats...and ALL of your shots are full of interesting subjects. Good day, eh?
ReplyDeleteIt was a really nice outing.
DeleteOh my scary that captain on the ships ladder! Looks like he's harnessed pretty good though! Nice pictures of the boats going out to sea!
ReplyDeleteIt was shocking for me to see him on that ladder!
DeleteWhat a field day to enjoy all of these ships in all shapes and sizes at the jetty! Before you know it, the birds will return after the construction is done. Great series of photos!
ReplyDeleteI miss seeingbirds, but the ships were nice too.
DeleteAnni what beautiful photos WOW~~ When we took our cruise down the inside passage in Alasak (2005) we watched one of the local ship pilots come aboard the Dawn Princess and then be picked up. Quite brave. Of course that was a daily thing for him but I got rather dizzy watching.
ReplyDeletelooked like M&M's OMCs that was funny
hugs Cecilia
Brave, or insane!😉
DeleteWonderful photos. Some might big ships.
ReplyDeleteThe weather you described is pretty much like out summer this year.
Mighty
Delete😊
DeleteYou know our summers are brutal.
DeleteI would have been distracted by the ships too. They are impressive! Granny Marigold
ReplyDeleteIt was busy...and fun to watch.
DeleteThe photos of all the ship activity captured my attention too. What a busy channel full of every kind of ship around.
ReplyDeleteGlad the temps have gone back to "normal". Its a lot cooler here today too. I am really enjoying it.
Sue
I'm enjoying the drier air.
DeleteWhat awesome photos of the ship activity. What an impressive posting. I always enjoy your photos.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing! ❤️
ReplyDelete😊
DeleteThanks!!
DeleteThe ships would fascinate me... There is an old-time feel about that shrimp boat with the symmetry of the the lines and nets (like my precise maritime terminology???) I confess I did not know what a pilot boat was and had to look it up. (Duh, yeah...but, in my defense, we don't have ships in Nod.) Gee, I thought the captain and crew got on the ship the same way the passengers did. Hmmmm.... This just might keep me awake tonight. Nah...I'd be awake anyway. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)
ReplyDeleteThey guide thru channels
DeletePeaceful environment through your photo frames. Love the coast
ReplyDeleteThose ships are really amazing! I like the look of those shrimp boats.
ReplyDeleteLike Robin, I thought the captain got on the ship the way everyone else did!
I just plain never thought HOW they boarded to pilot the ship.
DeleteThese may not be birds, but oh how fun to see them. I guess because it is not something I can do on a whim, I find ships and tubboats, all so interesting. I really, really enjoyed these.
ReplyDeleteThank you Rose
DeleteGreat shots of the ships. My favorites are that very last shot at the bottom of your post, and the shrimp boat.
ReplyDelete😊
DeleteYou see such amazing things! I love that about you.....always looking and going and seeing what you can see!
ReplyDeleteYou're too kind!
DeleteWhat amazing pictures! What a wonderful book or calendar these would make. The last one is also my favorite.
ReplyDelete😊. Thanks so much Mary
DeleteThank you for sharing these lovely photographs, your last one is wonderful.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
And your gulf area, did not get Ian!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteNow, for October Eves.
🍁 🌻 🍂 🌰 🍂 🌻 🍁