

It's been yard work mostly the last two days. Altho, I figured we lost more again to the deep freeze of 2021-22, I do believe the plants are a bit more hardy this time around. I thought, early this Spring, we wouldn't have a surviving pomegranate tree [as you can see with the first two photos], and Bud drastically trimmed away most of it to near the ground. But, the last couple of days, fruit blossoms have taken hold, and some are now in full bloom. Sadly, I was warned that with the cholesterol meds I'm taking [statins], just like grapefruit...mixing pomegranates and meds is a dangerous combination. Bud doesn't like 'em, so either, if they mature well enough, the neighbors will get 'em, or the birds!! Bummer.
While securing our Don Juan Climbing Rose, I gazed around the yard and so much is blooming. I grabbed my cellphone and hit the shutter icon...
I have a couple of pots with yellow marigolds and sweet william by one of the benches on the patio. The amaryllis are blooming! Yes, they are planted in the ground and didn't freeze!! The cactus I bought long ago and moved it here when we relocated to Texas from Arizona --I thinned it out several years ago and potted them in small clay pots...all are blooming. The Duranta is blooming [a favorite of mine...weeping purple clusters], the hibiscus are recouping and showing some growth again. My two Easter Lilies are getting buds! The Esperanza bush is flowering. The crepe myrtle are all leafed out, soon to bloom. And the gardenia, well it survived again, but little flowering so far. Here are photos of some that I took when I was supposed to be assisting dear hubby [lol]...

Lady Banks Rose [aka Tombstone Rose]
Someone asked why it's called Tombstone Rose. Well, in Tombstone Arizona, there is the world's largest Lady Banks ....'tree'! Read about its history HERE My bush is cut back often, but still measures about 1/4 of our 100' fence.


Don Juan Climbing Rose
My favorite rose!!!


Sweet William and Marigolds in pots on Patio
...and a biology FACT SHEET: Koalas have two thumbs on their front paws!!
They also have unique and individual fingerprints.
‘Koala’ is thought to mean ‘no drink’ in the Australian Aboriginal language
one source
Very nice post ^^
ReplyDeleteAnni, don't you love all the beautiful, bright colors that come with Spring? And you captured it so exquisitely!
ReplyDeleteI love the droplets of water you captured on the rose photos. Bellissima!
Have a great weekend, my friend!
Thanks Ron...hope you had a terrific weekend.
DeleteYour flowers are all so pretty.
ReplyDelete😊🌹😊
DeleteHello Anni,
ReplyDeleteYour flowers are looking so pretty. Beautiful blooms and photos.
Have a happy weekend!
Thanks Eileen
DeleteSo many beautiful and vibrant flowers!
ReplyDelete😊
DeleteDid not know that about pomegranates. I take statins also and avoid grapefruit. Now pomegranate is on my list of what to avoid. Thanks. Lovely seeing all the color. Basically all I am seeing here is rapidly growing grass.
ReplyDeleteWe who take any Rx must check with Dr. on food interactions
DeleteBright and beautiful post! It is wonderful to see the colors and the spirit-lifting pictures. Nice way to start my cloudy day. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteThose of you who are getting spring rains, I'm so jealous.
DeleteOhhhh Anni you must show us your green thumb sometime.
ReplyDeleteYour garden area is full of so much beauty. I like the red rose too, I know that surprises you.
Hugs cecilia
🌹
DeleteI have not only never seen the Ladybanks, and I did follow the link, i have never heard the name and did not know it exists. Wow! all your flowers today make me feel happy looking at them. so glad most of your yard has survived the cold.
ReplyDeleteMe too. As you know, it's disheartening to lose plants/trees.
DeleteWow, your yard is a fun place right now.
ReplyDelete😊
DeleteOh Anni, what gorgeous flowers you have already! Absolutely beautiful! I can smell them through the screen & can hear the bees buzzing too! ~Andrea xoxo
ReplyDeleteRarely bees!!
DeleteYour beautiful display, is the result, of many years of planting and care.
ReplyDeleteA lovely reward!!!!
🌱🌼🌱🌼🌱🌼🌱
😊
DeleteYour flowers are beautiful! We are enjoying Spring here, too. :) We get warm days, then freezing days, but that doesn't stop most of the flowers.
ReplyDeleteThey are hardy!!
DeleteI’m happy your pomegranate survived the frost. I’ve heard of different foods and medicine not mixing but didn’t know about this one. The marigolds are gorgeous, always so bright and cheerful, in fact all your blooms are. Eye candy for sure! And I did not know that about Koala’s. Thanks Anni, another very enjoyable post.
ReplyDeleteGlad I helped you learn something new. 😊
DeleteYou have such a wonderful and gorgeous variety! You could charge for tours around your garden! A woman here did that. My favorite is the last one. And the beautiful tombstone Rose looks so different from the usual rose!! I see it is named after a town, but it made me think of putting them on tombstones.
ReplyDeleteYa,I guess for those that have never visited AZ. would think "graves".
DeleteMy comment did not post earlier?!
ReplyDeleteI love all your flowers I think maybe you should show us a photo of your green thumb!!!
I agree about the roses.
Hugs Cecilia
My thumb is stained now...but not gree. Looks muddy!! lol
DeleteYour flowers are beautiful. I enjoyed your blog very much.
ReplyDelete😊
DeleteWell, I am glad you got some pictures. These are so pretty.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ruth
Deletemom would have loved thew flowers,
ReplyDeletecool wallpaper on you blog!
take care
Thanks so much!
DeleteSpring is looking wonderful in your garden with all those beautiful blooms.
ReplyDelete😊
DeleteOk...so you took this photos with your CELL PHONE??! Now I really do feel like a photographic failure. At least before I could credit at least SOME of your incredible photos to a good camera LOL. Seriously beautiful photos... We finally had our warmest day of the year...it reached 67º, but was drearily overcast and windy....so felt much cooler. BUT, I did spy little green shoots of daffodils poking their way through the soil. ~Robin~
ReplyDelete67° sounds perfect to me!!!
DeleteTwo thumbs? That's so interesting!
ReplyDeleteYour flowers are so pretty. I love the roses!
I live that rose bush too!
DeleteAll your blooms are amazing. I can hardly wait for more of mine to show their colours. Your roses are so beautiful and I was wondering what I'd put in with my Sweet Williams ( that came through another winter!!). Marigolds. Have a lovely Sunday.
ReplyDeleteIt's a colorful combo!
DeletePretty Flowers
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
😊🌹😊
DeleteWhat a beautiful yard you have!
ReplyDeleteAbout your comments on my post. I sent you an email once about why your comments won't appear until I approve them. WordPress doesn’t like your apostrophe. If you took it off I would have to approve your first comment then the others would go through automatically.
My answer to your comment about Montana is "I agree it’s beautiful, but the winters are harsh. Andy and I took a walk when it was 40 below once. My glasses frosted up so I had to take them off, and as I recall I had icicles on my eyelashes. It was all right because there was no wind, but it could have been dangerous." That said, I'm glad we had a chance to visit every year for as long as we did.
Thank you for commenting. I appreciate it.
Whatever will help you out with WordPress!!!
DeleteYour garden must be a riot of colour. Thanks for showing it to us. Love all the gorgeous blooms.
ReplyDeleteThanks!!
DeleteLove all of your backyard blooms! Interesting fact about Koalas. I'm going to have to pay more attention to their front paws next time I see on on TV.
ReplyDeleteI recently learned about their thumbs myself!!!
Deletebeautiful Beautiful flowers. I've got some things blooming, but here in Ohio we're well behind you temp wise. Daffodils are just about done. Iris stalks are sprouting, as our some of the lillies though it will be a good long while before they bloom. Did lots of yard work yesterday, as it was nice and warm. Looks to be the same today, then it will turn cold again. Argh.
ReplyDeleteTypical of Spring!! Warm, cold, cold, hot.
DeleteApril 24th
ReplyDeleteNew Header and Blog Look!!!!
And I LOVE it!!!!!!!!
Gentle hugs
🌸🌺🌸🌺🌸🌺🌸
Thanks!!!
DeleteThank you for sharing these beautiful flowers... lovely photographs.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Glad you enjoyed the colors Jan!!
DeleteI so love your beautiful flowers and your artistic photographs as well. Wow! :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks D J
DeleteAn excellent series documenting these beautiful blossoms! Thankfully, you have appreciative neighbors who enjoy the pomegranates.
ReplyDeleteI hope they will take 'em.
DeleteIt's looking GREAT at your place! I'm so excited to see so many blooming things at our house and at the ranch, too!
ReplyDeleteI just changed my blog background tonight and I absolutely LOVE yours!!!
...send some of your rain here please!!
DeleteYes, please send some rain to me too.
ReplyDeleteI just want to say that I love everything about your blog. I love the background design, I love the flowers, the large letters, so easy to read and your creativity in general. It's a lovely place to visit, thank you for making it so.
Golly...thanks so much for your kind words!
DeleteIncredibly Captured My Dear Hootin - Always A Pleasure Visiting - Sending Positive Vibes And Hopefully Rain Clouds - Big Hugs
ReplyDeleteCheers
It finally rained.
DeleteWow, I thought I had commented on your post but who knows where it went or maybe its just my MIND that went!
ReplyDeleteLove all your gorgeous flowers and the way you bring us into your life.
Sue
Thanks Sue
DeleteYour comment about leaving a post earlier today reminded me to check the spam folder...for some reason a few comments go there and your earlier one was in there. I have no idea why the ones go there...other stuff comes through that is clearly spam.
ReplyDeleteBlogger glitch.
Delete