What's This?....




Just a quick post today. I'm still trying to get things decorated for Christmas. I've done the dining room, and the living room only; so far. Things are slow this year. Well, heck, things are getting slower with tasks at hand more often these days. Anyway, after the tree was finished, I started decorating the other areas of the living room. Not too much decorating to do except for putting out gnomes and such, but still time consuming in a way. I had it done, then came up with an idea. So, tore everything down and started anew. Then...moved into the dining room. Very few Santas are coming out this year, a couple things all about snowmen/women, and a poinsettia centerpiece. Calling it quits for that room. Just as long as it's a bit festive when my sister arrives from Colorado in a couple of weeks [and if the virus allows her-no she doesn't have it, but you don't know between now and then]. Anyway...

The above image is when I was busy "in the making". I used my red leggings, black ankle socks, and an old white [rather dingy] face cloth for the trim.  Got them all hand basted together, and stuffed them with terry towels.   Can you guess what it's all about? Come on... take a guess. I'll show you in a post or two from now, but only if you take a wild guess.   *wink

57 comments:

  1. I think you are going to have them sticking out of your chimney ~ though whether at the top {outside}, or inside, I can't predict! Happy decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing you have a wood stove you don't use much and you're going to have the legs of Santa look like he's going up the chimney. Have fun.... he looks grand!! :-) ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness you are there to help poor santa out. Nurse Anni to the rescue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is Santa going to come down your chimney? Have a great day and a happy new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Bobbie, I think you're going to have Santa's legs hanging down from inside your fireplace. And if that's true, what a GREAT idea!''

    Can't wait to find out!

    Have a great Sunday, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my guesses were the same as all the ones above but i am betting that answer is too easy and it will be something way more creative. at first i thought you took a photo of yourself laying down under the tree to do something. since you took every thing down and started over, that means something but what? don't wait to long, i cant stand the suspense. the driftwoood hut bob is in on Beaus blog is a 15 year old photo from Beer Can Island beach, we found it while walking and bob posed in it for me... 2 years ago for this post with Arty i added Big boy. they were both alive and well 2 years ago...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the beach hut! And ya, it's chimney.

      Delete
  7. I'm leaning towards the others and think it may be chimney related but like Madsnapper said you may have something totally different in mind.
    Hope you Sister has no problems traveling and you have a wonderful visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she can come too. Yep, it's chimney related.

      Delete
  8. I love your creativity! Santa in the chimney sounds too common - I'll bet you do something other than that. Perhaps he fell under the tree because his bag was too heavy? Sure hope your sister can make it there from Colorado for a great visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just a common one...it's chimney.

      Delete
  9. They are going to be peeking out from behind the tree! Santa is napping! lol Enjoy your day...take it easy! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I am impressed! and it is so realistic that at first I wondered if those were your legs! O.K., so maybe Santa is under something...maybe a tree? Or fell coming down the chimney? I can't imagine! what fun! I lOVE your cheerful December header, it is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't resist that holiday bird, thanks. Well, he didn't fall, but climbing up.

      Delete
  11. Santa stopped to take a rest and fell asleep under the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was going to say they were coming out from under/behind the tree. But I guess that wouldn't make much sense, would it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too thought Santa was taking a snooze after eating the snacks you left out for him. But since he isn't supposed to come until Christmas, I'm not sure what he's doing at your house,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Santa works at toys with his elves year 'round!

      Delete
  14. I guess I'm going to go along with everyone else's comments..I know it's going to be clever and fun to see. I can't imagine putting up everything and then tearing it down again to do something else. I managed to put together our artificial tree last night..today tge kights and ornaments will begin to appear.
    Our dining room light died so now we have to shop for another one. Not what I was planning to do on this Sunday.
    To be continued...
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa I just read my post..I guess my fingers were wandering. I meant today the lights and ornaments will begin to appear..

      Delete
    2. That light that bit the dust out a damper on any other plans, I'm sure!!

      Delete
  15. I love the suspense! Looking forward to the answer. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  16. Santa in a yoga pose? What fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my...I think he'd get too twisted to "undo" before Christmas Eve arrives

      Delete
  17. I think it may have something to do with a chimney but I can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  18. All the good guesses are taken so I'll just wait and see. Have fun getting all the decorating done!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My guess is they will be hanging down from the chimney. Look forward to seeing what you do. I need to get busy on my decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope Santa's legs are hanging in the fireplace :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. looked liked santa's drunk to much eggnog

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree with some of the others - his legs hanging out the chimney!
    I hope your sister gets to come. My sister tested positive today, my brother has it too. I'm over covid...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We All wish for Ovid to disappear.
      Yep, chimney!

      Delete
  23. I'm sure it will all be lovely.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  24. I’m thinking it could be Santa coming down the chimney.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Whoa...you have much more "whatever" than I have had in a long, long, time to put things up and take them down for a redo. I found a few of the few things i put up for last year's (non)holiday still up when I debated if I would or wouldn't decorate this year. Oye. Love the Santa legs... Well, the obvious guess is, of course what the others have suggested...but, obvious is usually quite...well..."obvious." And you likely have no snowbanks to plop them in, so that's out. So, I will say he will be dangling from a tree....outdoors...as though he misjudged your house. I know, I know...likely illogical as you would not have redone what you had done to put a santa outdoors...but I'm illogical like that. Looking forward to the reveal LOL. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I thought they were your legs too at first but as I am late reading this I now know what's what :) That's great that your sister is coming soon. wishing you all good health and a happy time together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope there are no travel restrictions!

      Delete
  28. OH, what fun and creative decor!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about the fun in decorating. And, I know you agree.

      Delete

Table of Contents