...And Laying His Finger Aside of His Nose, And Giving a Nod, Up the Chimney He Rose!


Not surprisingly, the majority guessed correctly!! I guess you could say GMTA!!

Y'all know the poem by Clement C. Moore I'm sure. Well, I was working on displaying my elves on the fireplace hearth and mantel.  I first worked on the mantel.  Adding my Santa candle holders with Santa candles.  And the jigsaw puzzle Bud and I finished [and I framed] last year.  Then...elves and a couple strings of lights from Dollar Tree.  Down to the hearth then.  I love these elves I have collected the past three years!  They're posable [or is it spelled poseable?]!!  No matter.  I had them all positioned and the two largest ones I made them standing.  They were now peeking into the firebox thru the glass doors.  As I stood back to inspect the work, I got an idea...like the Grinch, I got an awful idea!  I got a wonderful, awful idea!!  That entailed tearing them all down from the hearth, and starting over.  But first, I had to 'build' Santa Legs...  Rounding up all the 'materials I needed to make a soft sculpture set of legs, I started sewing and stuffing and stuffing some more.  Done.  Now, to get it to work.  Y'know that wonderful, awful idea...I opened the glass doors with the legs in hand.  Placed them just so after adding a light to light up the box.  Tied it to the flue handle...and voilà!  Next step was to place the elves in such a manner as before with the two largest peeking in... ...giving a nod, up the chimney he rose. At Hootin'  Anni's,  the hard working elves helping out [not just working at the North Pole as once thought -SOME elves do not like the cold of the North Pole and would prefer the balmy Texas Coast].  They were bidding him a safe journey as he flew off to other toy shoppes around the world!!!


One image is with the illumination to guide Santa upward to his sleigh... while the other is during the day without lighting.
With the strings of lights...



Next post will be close up images of the elves...


72 comments:

  1. Your decorations are so festive and pretty. I like the cute Santa legs.
    Enjoy your day, have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. What a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRILLIANT...BRILLIANT...BRILLIANT idea, Anni! And I especially love your idea of adding the light!

    How creative you are! I could so see you working at Bergdorf Goodman in NYC, doing their amazing window displays at Christmas. I used to go every year, just to see their windows.

    Happy Monday, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ron, I'm happy knowing you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  4. Very clever indeed. I look forward to seeing more of this incredible display. Plus poor Santa! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I bet you were a fun mom...you remind me if Sarah in the way you think and do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids thought I was a grumpy ol' lady. lol

      Delete
  6. The lights really do help showcase it all! Very neat and fun! Happy holidays! Bring on the elves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks even better that I imagined. The light was perfect. Looking forward to seeing the elves up close. I know you have quite the collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I counted a dozen? Not sure.

      Delete
  8. You wear me out with your creativity! What talent you have in your holiday display!! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So clever! The addition of the light really finishes it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good knowing the light helps with the atmosphere. Thanks

      Delete
  10. I am amazed you could get the idea and actually construct it on the spot! Wow! You really do have an amazing artistic gift. Santa going up the chimney is just the funniest and cutest idea! I can't wait to see what the elves look like up close.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! Excellent idea and it looks very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anni, this is absolutely DARLING!!! Not only are you artistic but you have the ideas to go along with it. Back in the good ole days, when stores used to have big storefronts, they used to hire someone specific to do all the decorating in the windows. I picture you to be the perfect person for that job! ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOve IT! IloVE it! I LOVE IT! and now we can assume you do not use that fireplace for heat. LOL.... great idea and oh so creative...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...nope, don't use the fireplace.

      Delete
  14. Santa on his way up the chimney is awesome! Your decorations are just the bestest, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow your decorations are beautiful and detailed. Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enlarged them all for a better look. I love it! It would make a wonderful store window display!! Can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll get busy and post again soon. Thanks.

      Delete
  17. You are so very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is such a neat idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You definitely go all out, but it is all festive and not overdone. Your creativity continues to amaze and your energy level is hard to match. Your sister will be impressed. I brought up the decorations to be hung over the next few days. I also brought out the lighted garland for the balustrade outside only to discover one of the strings is out. AARRGGHH! Thankfully, after going through 85% of the lights, I found a broken bulb. Aha! And thankfully, I have lots of "leftover" strings for situations like these. Viola! It was a relief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had my share of broken lights.

      Delete
  20. Looks like your bring all of Christmas Cheer.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolute perfection Miss Anni! The chimney it was LOL. (Yeah, I overthought it...but I overthink EVERYTHING so par for the course.) I especially love the elves peeking in. Just one question: I take it you don't actually use the fireplace for...you know...fires?? ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your decorations are beautiful! We are "heavy users" of our fireplace so could never use it as a backdrop, but we make up for it with other decorations. At the moment, dog show "stuff" has taken over several corners of the first floor of our home. I'll have to re-home that "stuff" before we get Christmas decorations out. We really need a couple more rooms just for the pups here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet your showing of "pups" is grand! Thanks Lois

      Delete
  23. This is so much fun.. I wish I had the energy and creative genes to do something like that here.
    I'm doing great just to get my tree up.!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is one of my fav. season, and I love Christmas decorations
    and I like the little bird with the Christmas hat. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to decorate for Christmas too!

      Delete
  25. Well HELLO! THanks for popping by my blog (from Robin's blog). I'm so happy to find a new blogging friend. Can't wait to check out your posts. Have a lovely Holiday Season! Sending blessings your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! Glad you could pay me a visit.

      Delete
  26. I have a guest room upstairs with your own bath room and I'll provide all food...Are you for hire for decorating?! LOL
    Gorgeous
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is so cute! It looks even better than I anticipated.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the decorations.

    How beautiful and festive!

    Happy Wednesday, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veronica. I'm not sure if my comment at your blog published. I don't see it...nor was there a moderation notification.

      Delete
  29. I always look forward to seeing your decorations Anni, you have a beautiful collection for every season. Thanks for sharing them and making me smile :) I have just started my own and have my small Christmas tree up in the family room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tress are the best for me. So many possibilities!

      Delete
    2. Very cute. How cleaver of you to come up with that idea. I've not even thought much about decorations yet, other than to think I want to do something different this year. Something less, as we'll be traveling very soon after the holidays and I don't want to have a ton of stuff to deal with before packing.

      Delete
    3. We are homebodies, so lots of decorating!

      Delete
  30. It looks AMAZING!!!!!!
    Only YOU could take an idea and whip it up just like that!!!
    I’m still working on getting my decorating done! Hope to journal tonight and I HAVE INTERNET now!!!!
    Did you ‘snow’ your red brick for Christmas or it is highlighted like that? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! The red brick is called used brick...it looks that way. The outside is also done in used brick.

      Delete
  31. You are wonderfully creative :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  32. I sure am enjoying a bit of catch up here with my morning coffee. Your decorating posts are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again, thanks. I really like your tree!!!

      Delete

Table of Contents