This fountain [previously mentioned in last post] is part of the culture center and kiosk along the seawall. Palm trees line the walkway and flowering plants and grasses are strategically placed with benches and stone paths [sometimes brick here and there] and trellises that have climbing vines for shade. Along the entire seawall [about a mile long] there are also sculptures every few yards along the bayfront and the roofed miradors. I walked there purposely to just sit at the early morning hour and listen to the sounds of the flowing water and birdsong!










Oh that is really nice. I think I would be tempted to walk through it.
ReplyDeleteI think you are allowed!!
DeleteFAN-TASTIC captures, Anni! What a gorgeous spot! Many of the photos you share on your blog remind me of Florida; particularly the West Coast (Tampa and St Petersburg).
ReplyDeleteThat silhouette photo of the dog is just the coolest! It looks like he/her is howling at the sun!
Have an awesome Wednesday, Anni!
I'm sure there are many similarities here, with Florida.
DeleteLooks like a lovely place to sit and listen to the birds. I like the fountain and trees.
ReplyDeleteTake care, enjoy your day!
One of my favorite places downtown.
DeleteBeautiful place to be! Would like to see more sculptures.
ReplyDeleteMost of the sculptures are odd!!
DeleteWhat a beautiful BEAUTIFUL place, Anni. I could get lost in it all, someplace like that!! Absolutely gorgeous! ~Andrea xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteIt's perfect early in the morning when most are still home...quiet & pretty
DeleteBeautiful! And on the ocean too is a double plus!
ReplyDeleteI love this area near the sea.
DeleteThat Fountain is amazing and I don't know how I missed part 1 but I'm headed there now
ReplyDeleteI don't think you missed anything Sandra
DeleteI love fountains and running water. So spirit-refreshing.
ReplyDeleteTranquil & soothing for me!!
DeleteCool New Blog Look!
ReplyDeleteAnd I love the use of a deep grey, for your print.
🍁 🍂 🍁
Thanks so much!
Deletethat sounds like so much fun.
ReplyDeletewas that a real dog or memo-x ?
Sculpture!
DeleteJust beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI have to agree ....it's a pretty spot on the seawall.
DeleteThat's lovely Anni, and great photos!
ReplyDeleteThanks Denise.
DeleteI sure am glad you get out early and capture such wonderful pictures. And that you are willing to share them with me! Love the silhouetted dog especially,
ReplyDeleteYou know me...early in the morning, so as to have anywhere all to myself (or nearly)
DeleteLove the palms and water. I felt calmer just looking, can't imagine how great to also hear the water.
ReplyDeleteIt's soothing to the soul. A stress breaker.
DeleteYour photos are ART! the dog sculpture with the sun on his back!!! So maybe the earth is on the back of a giant dog instead of a turtle? And the sun with the palm trees, these should be in a photography magazine. They have made my day!
ReplyDeleteThanks Ginny. The dog with the world on its back ..name him Atlas?!?!!
DeleteBeautiful silhouette of the dog...my kind of photo.
ReplyDeleteThe fountains are so inviting. I don't blame you for wanting to sit there and listen to the water and the birds.
Temps are suppose to go to 104F. today, I don't think I'm even going to poke my nose out the door, besides it's smoky again with the wind patterns changing.
One good thing..I got the bills done!
Sue
Ohhhh, that's too hot to be out!! Today, it is only 91°....cold front! Lol
DeleteGet out the long johns for that "cold front"
DeleteHubby is really doing well. Hospital bed is long gone, wheel chair back to the rental place, sometimes uses cane when we are out. Its a matter of time getting the unused muscles strong again. He drove a bit but the muscles really weren't ready so I am still the driver. He does a lot of "puttering" and "fiddling". Dave is a huge help on doing research for our selling things on eBay. We have been doing pretty well but I'm really tired of my dining room table looking like a thrift store. Anyway it really doesn't matter until we have some company...(:0)
Sue
You are both keeping busy, and the progression of his healing fully is good news!!
DeleteI definitely am taking it easy .. Not as young as I used to be ... what an understatement ... Yesterday ended up being 106F and today I think its only going to be 100F. Inside sounds pretty good to me.
Delete106° withOUT heat index!?!! That's crazy hot!!
DeleteI'm sure many enjoy a walk through there :)
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
It is popular!
DeleteSo pretty. What a great place for taking a walk!!!
ReplyDeleteNot only this area...a Sandy beach, the marina & museums.
DeleteWhat a beautiful place to walk! Water, sun, sculptures - sounds perfect!
ReplyDeleteI love that dog shot.
PS - the wooded area on my blog today isn't our yard, but is just down the street.
It sure was a very pretty photo!!
DeleteYou certainly captured the beauty so well.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ruth.
DeleteOh how I would love to walk there early as you also do. Hearing the sound of water flowing and some bird song...Wow. What a way to start the day.
ReplyDeleteIt was peaceful.
DeleteThat would sure be a nice place to.spend some time. I was looking again at your pics from yesterday, as well as today. I love them all.
ReplyDeleteAt an early time of day...it's peaceful.
DeleteI know what you mean about birdsong and flowing water. The best spot in my yard is out back by our waterfall/pond area. When the birds are singing and even sometimes splashing in the falls, it's a lovely place for relaxing.
ReplyDeleteIf I had what you have in MY yard, I'd not get anything done other than sitting there by the water.
DeleteGreat photos, all of them.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
Thanks Dora
Delete😊
ReplyDelete😊
Delete