Photo Overload...


If I follow my weekly routine, I would've been home doing laundry on Saturday morning. Instead, I chose to drive to North Padre Island and stop at Whitecap Beach to walk and check out the waves shortly after high tide. Hurricane Grace that made landfall in Old Mexico was supposed to create 8 foot waves for our coast. It didn't pan out. At least while I was at the seawall. And, being Saturday, to boot, seems everyone in the 'hood was there too...like a day of early sales for Christmas...what do they call that? Black Friday? Many many walkers, joggers, dog walkers, people with cellphones aimed at the parallel to catch the first glimpse of the sun breaking the horizon. I was there, disappointed that along the seawall there were no crashing waves.  BUT***

Of course I took photos! And a LOT of them!! Hope the number of photos doesn't make this post slow to load. I apologize up front!





It never fails tho, there is always someone who is foolish enough to drive on this....stuck! It was a young woman [in her early 20s my guess]. I have said this a million times, and will reiterate...there is no common sense seen much anywhere any more!! Cops to the rescue?! Dunno...he left and she was still there when I left. What I can't understand is, there were dozens of capable people, but no one tried to help. I'm too old to push vehicles, but there WERE young whippersnappers!! 4-6 guys coulda had her straighten her front wheels and pushed her to 'drier' ground!



 
Showing many people out and about, and behind me, the pretty pinks in the sky above the dunes...






...and now for my BUT*** seen above.  At one point near the end of the seawall, I used my zoom lens to see if I could view the jetty at packery channel about 1/4 mile away.  I wasn't about to venture off the wall's walkway and get my feet soaked from the ebb tide and playing twister to avoid all the debris washed up on shore from the storm.  Showing the rough breakwater waves crashing!



60 comments:

  1. Hurray for zoom lenses! What focal length? The pictures turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this time of day, I can't remember my camera setting. Lol

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos! The skies are just incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking if you two. ...did Hurricane Henri hit your area!

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    Pretty sky and beach scenes. I like seeing the waves crashing on the seawall. Great series!
    Take care, have a great day and a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a great week yourself Eileen.

      Delete
  4. STUNNING photos, Anni! I love walking the beach on a day like you had, when it's cloudy and moody. Those sunrise shots are exquisite.

    And WOW to that car stuck in the sand. Reminds me of Daytona Beach where you can drive your car on the beach. But you're right, why on earth would someone drive their car on the beach on a day like that?

    Love those last two shots of the breakwater waves crashing!

    Thanks for sharing your day, Anni! Have a grrrrrrreat Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the fair weather clouds against the blue sky ...but moist is good too.

      Delete
  5. the zoom worked, crashing waves you got! love them. It never ceases to amaze me at the lack of common sense in our world. it looks like she messed up the front of her car and will need a tow... I am bettig she was not a beauty queen or those guys would have pushed her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sand suckers were given books and they ate the covers! OH! What beautiful skies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes! I hope that's the last time she tries to drive out on the beach like that. What are the odds she was there to take photos for her Instagram?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be...may be a tik tock challenge. Lol

      Delete
  8. Great images! It's fun to to out with the camera and explore, often not knowing exactly what you'll capture with your lens. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful shots, especially the last two of the waves. I agree, what has happened to common sense? Maybe with the age of computers, people are not reading much anymore. What a dumb thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's media thinking for them...their mindset

      Delete
  10. Great pictures Too bad you didn't see 8 foot waves! I love crashing waves and it's on my list to get to Lake Michigan when they are predicting 8-10 ft waves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love watching those huge waves crashing against the seawall...at a safe distance, of course

      Delete
  11. Only the very young pull stunts like that. Bet she was live streaming till it got ugly and embarrassing. Still, like you, wondering why no studly young men didn't try to help?
    Love the angry sea shots at the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they tried to help and gave up.

      Delete
  12. Super photos. The water sure looks rough. I think it's sad that no one helped the young lady. Not very smart though to drive down there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What possesses someone to do such a foolish thing, I wonder

      Delete
  13. I know people who walks along the beach, and see what wash up. Some pretty sky photoa.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving all the photos.
    Not very smart of that girl to drive her car out there.
    That water is pretty rough looking in those last shots

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful sunrise! And I don't understand why anyone would drive out there. Looks like some big waves too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping the waves would be at the seawall. :::Bummed:::

      Delete
  16. Nothing Wrong With These Photo Overload Moments - I Sure Do Enjoy All Of Them - Sending Love

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me feel good about sharing Travis!

      Delete
  17. Great set of pictures. I totally agree about the lack or nonexistence of common sense.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pictures of the clouds and the waves. Amazing. That poor ninny who drove into the water must have been mortified. I know I would have been.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all the photos AND the words! I'm still so concerned about that car, though!!
    You would think here in Texas - the FRIENDLY state - that people could have helped her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same. The reasoning behind lack of help boggles my mind.

      Delete
  20. Hallo Anni, your pictures, your world, is still as magnificent as I recall, you are so fortunately living where you are. Mind you, I'm pretty happy where I am too, the ocean is a moody place and a happy place and the only place to live *grin* good to see you're happy as always, lotsa love, V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Ms. V!!! It's a blessing to see you after so long. Hope all is well with you.

      Delete
  21. These are great pictures, Anni. You always do a great job no matter the weather constraints. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. awesome shots.

    take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Can't wait to "see" what you saw in your cloud.

      Delete
    2. I liked what you saw.

      Delete
  23. I bet she won't make that mistake again, at least I hope not. Great photos Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your stormy weather beach pictures. I would have loved beachcombing the stuff washed up after the storm. Tell me please, have you been lucky enough to see a caracara in Texas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Caracaras are abundant...especially in open ranch/farm land.

      Delete
  25. Ooooooh Annie, what gorgeous GORGEOUS pictures! And I agree.... seldom is there common sense found anywhere today. *gawd* ~Andrea xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. I always enjoy seeing your photographs and you've shared some more wonderful ones today, thank you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, happy to know you enjoy them!

      Delete
  27. These are all awesome photos. My favorites are the two of the people out and about on the beach (the one walking the dogs, and the other right next to it) and the two of the waves at the bottom.
    I'd much rather be out taking photos than doing chore.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, my, that is a lot of Wood Storks...am for sure going to your bird blog.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really enjoyed the photos...did you notice the front bumper of her car was almost torn off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did. I was thinking maybe someone tried to pull her out?

      Delete

Table of Contents