I Gifted Myself AND Bud...


It all started yesterday morning! My sister was trying to call me and was directed to my voice mail each time...no ringtone on my phone. Something was amiss. Once she texted me the problem, I then went out on Bud's phone and called MY phone. Nothing...no ringtone. Sent to voice mail. Hmmmm. I called our phone carrier. The two of us went thru the whole spiel of possible problems. Still no fix. I then set up an appointment to go "In Store". Find out, there was no fix other than reestablishing new software.  Some how it all got corrupted. That would cost to get it fixed. Still, it was time to get upgraded to 5G...for my birthday Bud and I got new smartphones! They will also be for Bud's birthday in April. Wow, smartphones are outrageous in price these days!   Some were more than a $grand$!!! Our old ones were Samsung [which served us well over the last 15 years, from flip phones to smartphones]. This time, 5G since in the near future everyone will probably need to upgrade to that. 4G seems to be going out of service for a lot of carriers, or the fact that there will be no support for those soon. And, we wanted to go with the age 55+ plan that will save us money in the long run. Everything is unlimited and 100 GB of hotspot a month, if I need it to use for the laptop or desktop since we  have no cable anymore...it'll be only...mostly... to blog. [I like composing blog posts on a large screen compared to the small window and keyboard of a cell phone].

Anyway, I got my email accounts up and running, I transferred [smart switch] all my contact photos and phone #s along with all the info on each contact. Got my two blog log-in set up in Google with only one Security Alert from Google...yay. Transferred all my bookmarks and favorites to the phone. It's still a work in progress but, I'm moving along.

Thanks everyone, for all the well wishes yesterday!!!

41 comments:

  1. I want the Samsung Galaxy S21 ultra so tell me YOU DID NOT get it... i have looked at it so many times they are filling my emails with spam. what company did you go with. i am looking at them because i have trafone and they don't do 5 G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did my shopping online first. Before I went "in store".

      Delete
  2. ❤❤❤Congratulations🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may still be a work in progress but you are doing very well :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like learning all over again.

      Delete
  4. I hate it when phones are smarter than me. It worries me when cell/smart phones actually seem to enjoy, to gloat when they can confuse this poor confused old lady even more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping that cellphones will disappear by the time I'm 60 and I'll just have a microchip and flat screen (to replace my gut) on my chest. :-) Congrats on your new acquisitions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always so much fun to get a new phoe, except of course for having to re-learn everything. And with each new one, they do so much more. I bet your new one has some cool photo editing in it's camera gallery! So did you both get more Samsugs? I didn't know about 4G going away!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they're going away...just not being supported soon. Samsung's are best with Android, I think.

      Delete
  7. I told the Mister a couple of years ago that those smart phones will be taking place over computers. We don't have one and don't want one. Can live without one. Hope my computers will continue to suffice. You are young enough and smart enough to do well with new phones and sincerely, congratulations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was looking in to switching my phone from Metro by T-Mobile to Cricket I was amazed at how expensive some of the phones were. It blows my mind that people are paying those kind of prices and then upgrading their phone every year.
    So is this phone another Samsung?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son was that way...getting a new phone. Not any more. Too costly.

      Delete
  9. Andy and I have flip phones because the reception on the land sucks...we also pay for satellite internet up there so he can email me if something comes up. I'm happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! I have a Samsung 7 and it's already considered ancient and starting to have problems. After a few years pass they purposely stop updating phones so they stop functioning properly. It sucks because my phone is still in perfect condition. I suppose we will need to upgrade again soon too. It's crazy how expensive they are these days!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't suppose the phone companies are disabling people's phones so they will have to buy a new one do you? Naw, only in the movies, maybe?
    Enjoy your new one. I am still flip phoning here since I have no service and only use it for emergencies if I am out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun times. I just ordered an upgrade phone today, so i'm looking forward to getting it in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Data corrupted, yikes. Good for you for upgrading your phones and doing it successfully. I got my first smart phone 3 years ago, they are so useful and convenient. I would like to keep mine for several more years. I went to the Verizon store and got an Apple Iphone 8.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was considering getting an iPhone.

      Delete
  14. Congratulations! I still have my flippy and it's just fine for the number I times that I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't want anything in my house that's "smarter" than me... no smart phone, no smart tv, no nothing. And let me tell ya, it doesn't take much to get smarter than me these days. Pretty soon the toaster will go too! *bahahahahaha* I just got a flip-phone from Walmart a couple weeks ago... $20. Hubby loaded a pre-paid phone card on it... $30 for 90 days service. It only texts & makes emergency phone calls, if I have to, but that's probably more than I need to be honest. The reason I got it is I got tired of not getting text messages sent to me, on hubby's flip phone, because he never checks for texts messages. Now my son, who is the only one who texts me, can text me & have me see it right away. Only reason I got it. What I do for my son! *lol* Enjoy your new phones. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hate to think about a new phone only because they are so big. My hands are small, and the new phones are unwieldy and somewhat painful for me to hold. I have the last iPhone SE that is smallish. I hope I can keep it a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it works for you, yes...keep it.

      Delete
  17. Happy belated birthday, Annie! 🎈 💐
    Sorry to respond so late, I was stuck in the snow
    Enjoy your new one. I have a Samsung Galaxy and I am very satisfied!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samsung is the best for Android. Thanks Ella.

      Delete
  18. I am so impressed!!It's hard to keep up with technology but you arae doing a good job of it. Louis Dean still has a flip phone - a new one but still a flip phone!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, good for you. Our phones are cheapy Samsung androids...they now say they are running out of storage space..Not too happy about that.
    Great birthday gift to both of you.
    Have a great day.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hate the thoughts of a new cell phone..hoping it will be a while before 4G is completely outdated. My phone is only about 3 yrs. old and I love it...I hope you are completely happy with your new one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems phone companies do this to the consumer all the time.

      Delete

Table of Contents