The River Walk, and Sunday Strolling through the Park...


I got special permission from Flower Lady Lorraine to share this image. Y'all know how I love seeing hearts in nature...well, the one she shared HERE from her post was absolutely phenomenal in my opinion, I just had to ask her if it was alright for me to post about it. Here is her reply to my request...
    "...thank you for your kind comment on my latest blog post, and yes it's ok that you linked to it."
Don't forget to take a look....it's worth a click to see the rainfall heart droplet on her flower * hint:  look a little left-center of the blossom!!!!  Lorraine, you definitely deserve an A+ for this find.

 _ _ _ _
 
Now to carry on with my day trippin'.... 
Early Sunday morning I walked along the river at the park.  It was a perfect morning, quiet in the park [people-wise...I really enjoy the solitude of no crowds, even before the covid outbreak!], birdsong, mild temperature and sunny, blue, clear sky!!  I tend to  make the most of it at times and climb hills and traipse through the wooded areas through the natural trails, and some hills have wooden stairways that I go up AND down for a cardiovascular work-out [other times I just walk the park road] .  Not often do I go in the off-the-main-trail wooded areas, mind you...different seasons there are wood ticks!  I've come home with them on my clothes and body, so I tend to stay out of the woods during the Spring and early Summer.  Anyway, here is my walking, care to join me?  
Around the two lakes, along the river, viewing from the observation boardwalks, red leaves in the woods, barren trees along with evergreen,  the hawk watch platform, the special wildlife drip system below the hawk deck where most come to drink...with the likes of javelina, deer, birds, coyotes, more birds...squirrels and birds!!!  Come along.
Walk this way....
 
 
 


...and the stairways aren't all that dangerous as they look...the steps are set firmly in the ground, not on any rickety ol' wood frame. Trust me, I wouldn't use them if there was a chance of them collapsing. The one who designed and came up with the idea of setting them in the ground was 'genius'. And, best of all, looks VERY natural [I guess the railing isn't much so, but the steps are. lol]  The degree of the angle makes for a good work-out...And the photo at the beginning of my day trippin' section, the one that is vertical and has the chartreuse green arrow pointing to the top of the tree in the far distance [the dark spot!], is a hawk!! I had to stop and get my zoom lens focused...it was a red shouldered hawk.

49 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking us along. Those steps do look treacherous. Glad to know they aren't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    Beautiful scenes from your walk. The steps do look scary. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice walk. And a cute little squirrel to share it with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy the antics of squirrels too.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos as always Anni. Glad to hear the steps aren't dangerous and I can see how they would be a good workout! I loved the little rain drop heart on the flower you linked to. This just reminded me again that I want to find some of my nature heart photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the red leaves and the sun on the squirrel. we have steps like that in several of the preserves, an i agree it is a genius idea... the flower at the link is beautiful, I don't see a heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad you couldn't see the heart tho.

      Delete
  6. would you do me a favor and go to Breathtaking and tell her I commented yesterday, commented twice today and it lets me comment but doesn't show up. tell her i will keep trying. here is the link so you don't have to look it up http://breathtaking-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. i did one first thing yesterday morning, there were no comments at all. then today there are 7 and i saw yours that was not there yesterday... i will keep checking. i am having problmes with austrailaia and now portugal, i get a big red screen telling me danger. i think that was norton related, removed extensions and the red screen is gone, but can't comment on either blog

      Delete
    2. Hope the msg got thru.

      Delete
    3. Oh I forgot to add how strange techie stuff can be so odd sometimes.

      Delete
  7. Pretty squirrel! I like the colorful leaves and the photo compositions. So glad you beware of the ticks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunningly beautiful photos again Anni!!!
    I hate ticks!!!!!!
    I get the heebie-jeebies just typing the word "ticks"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too. They gimme the willies!

      Delete
  9. I'd still need sturdy railings!

    But you keep yourself in shape!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try. But this past year I slipped off my wagon.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful photos! Love those steps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did change my profile pic, Miss Anni. I do that every so often.

      Delete
    2. I thought so! Sweet image, of course

      Delete
  11. I do enjoy your posts and this one is especially beautiful. It is calming and the photos are grand . . . so calming!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am on phone...wanting to see the photos on computer. Looks like a great place to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The flora and fauna are fantastic on your walk. Crystal clear days really make it gorgeous.
    Love the stairs but I think they would be hard on my knee, especially going down them. Great challenge. It's always a joy to come here to visit.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. My two favorites are the squirrel in the sun, and the white bird in flight. His wings are almost touching the water, and there is a great reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sure I would never be able to keep up with you, but those walks look very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That raindrop was pretty special.....

    ReplyDelete
  17. You take some fabulous walks!! I've said it before but sure would like to walk along with you. Those wooden stairs can get pretty slippery when wet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and in the subtropical area, they're wet more than dry!

      Delete
  18. I always enjoy seeing your photographs. I like them all, but especially the one with the steps and the squirrel.

    Nice to see the raindrops on the flower you linked to.

    Enjoy the rest of your week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Splendid photos from the day trippin'! Excellent capture of the white bird and its accompanying reflection off the water. Great heart spotting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Anni, You took some lovely nature shots, all perfectly delightful.

    Many thanks for letting me know that Sandra had been trying to comment. Love you both.:=) I'm having difficulties seeing the moderation mode, no clue where it's gone! I'm also having difficulty joining in the fun with various blogs. Google has changed so many things in my absence, and I'm struggling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can help you, just leave a comment, and I'll try figuring out how to make it work.

      Delete
  21. Hi Anni, thank you for sharing Lorraine’s link, I will check that out next. A great walk and series of photos. I came home once covered with ticks from a walk across a field to get photos of deer. Even found one crawling up the wall near our garage door, ugh! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing, enjoyable photos. And the hawk....oh my!

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents