Late Start Today...


As I wait for the fog to clear out before I go driving to any park to do my daily walking, I thought I'd do a post on the jigsaw puzzles we've completed in the last few weeks. Beginning with the Lady Out On the Town...



Then, a country scene of horse and buggy...



Next up was the most challenging of all for me and Bud. The old world map of the state of Texas. Wow. The three rivers' [Rio Grande on the west, Red River between us and Oklahoma, and the Sabine River on the Arkansas/Louisiana] borders were quite nasty being so typical of the flow and uneven banks!! And to top it off, this puzzle had all the all similar cuts of most puzzles, it also had some unique cuttings and extra long pieces. I learned a lot tho, of this state we live in now. So, it was a GOOD challenge...




The last one we finished in a morning! It was only a 300 piece, and very easy to put together. Once it was done, I told Bud, "This is a keeper". I'm gonna glue it and get a frame for it for the holiday seasons in the future.


It's now glued with puzzle glue using a small paint brush, and drying on the workbench in the garage. Next, to find a picture frame for it. I'm thinking maybe a gold frame with a green matting to give a safety feature keeping the 'tacky glue' from touching the glass...


Okay, the fog is lifting, the sun is trying to peek out, so it's off I go birding! A very late beginning to my day. By about three hours. There will be little bird activity I'm sure since it IS late in the morning.  I may not get home 'til after lunch. Bud will have to eat alone at home if he decides to not come along. I'll either skip lunch, or find some take out and eat at a picnic bench or maybe even the car.

46 comments:

  1. We've got very little bird activity here now as well. I keep my feeders stocked, but the only visitors lately are the over-abundant sparrows. Even the blue jays have been scarce, although I hear them at a distance.

    I recently bought an enormous nut and seed cake which I hope will attract more woodpeckers. We're putting it out today in advance of a bit of snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we have A LOT of birds here. They winter here. But, by mid-morn to mid-afternoon they're less active.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a perfectly glorious late morning, Anni. Enjoy!! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed being outdoors, but too late in the day for me.

      Delete
  3. I like your puzzles... especially the Texas one. We have several 3000 piece ones framed upstairs... mostly ships as these are what DH enjoys. But we do have an old world map there too. Hope you enjoyed your birding! Did Bud go with you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've only done up to 1500 so far. I am looking in catalogs & online for old sailing ship puzzles...no Bud stayed home & vacuumed.

      Delete
  4. I loved all your puzzle scenes. The Texas map is wonderful. Take care, have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was learning so much with that one!

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, those puzzles are really terrific. I love them and boy they would be a big challenge for me. The Santa one will be wonderful for future Christmases.
    Happy birding and hope you find a nice picnic spot to watch the world go by while you have a bit of lunch.
    I'm trying to decide if I want a second cup of coffee or not..Such big decisions for this Sunday morning..HaHa...
    I just have to get my body in gear..finish a few belated Christmas cards, do a few bills (they never stop it seems) and take a trip to the store for a few little trinkets for Christmas Day.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered a couple slices of pizza at a deli & ate in the park.

      Delete
  6. Oh they are some great puzzles!! Too bad we didn't live near each other so we could trade puzzles!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often thought of puzzle exchanges!

      Delete
  7. Merry Christmas. The puzzles are delightful. Puzzles are addictive. Once you start you have to finish it! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...they certainly are addictive.

      Delete
  8. I can't imagine not working on a puzzle every single day. It sure gets me through! I love all of your puzzles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having our puzzle table set up 24/7 helps. And if needed to have the spare room for a guest, it's portable where we can close it and collapse it without having to tear it down. Easy storing.

      Delete
  9. Amazing, the patience you have, to complete those puzzles!

    Many people love doing this, and it's certainly a good "Wintering" fun activity.

    Greetings from the "North Pole"...
    Where it is snowing again!!!! -smile-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have snowy winters...mild & perfect weather

      Delete
  10. Those are wonderful puzzles - each different - each interesting and some challenging. Nice post. Hope you saw various species of birds today on your walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very few birds! That was ecpected.

      Delete
  11. I love all your puzzles Anni! The Texas one definitely looks very challenging. Hope you had a good walk and some good birding along the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love seeing your puzzles, I guess because Phil & I work them, too! The first two are 1,000 pieces? Awhile ago, the blogger Rose mentioned how they work jigsaws. They do not do the border first, and work from the inside out. We tried this, and love it! It may be fun for you to try once. It takes us days to do a 300 piece, but then we only work on it whenever we pass by, and don't spend hours at a time on one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like doing the frame work to begin.

      Delete
  13. I haven't done a puzzle in some time - you make me want to do one again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I think they're good to relieve stress & pass the time.

      Delete
  14. That map looks like a difficult one. I love the Christmas one. It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Texas puzzle was time consuming to be sure!

      Delete
  15. I am so impressed with your puzzling talent. Is there anything you cannot do? And I love that "easy" one that you declared to be a "keeper." :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to find a frame so it can be stored safely.

      Delete
  16. I am impressed with your puzzles. I did one over a year ago at Christmas, and then we moved here to this house and I don't have a good place to keep a table set up for it so I never have gotten around to it again. Now I want to. It is a good thing to do in the winter months at night especially when we can't be outside "birdin'" or doing other fun things like housework. LOL. Have a blessed and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our table was a gift. It's collapsible which is great.

      Delete
  17. I really like that last puzzle. Hope the birds still cooperated with you today.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That last puzzle is more my cup of tea...cute subject and not too many pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed working this one!

      Delete
  19. a picnic sounds good with or without Bud.. I love the Santa and agree about framing it. i love the dress in the first puzzle. that texas looks really tough to me.. wow on all those pieces... yes, the Jake in yesterdays post is the Jake in the painting. when he died more than 2 years ago, we got Big Boy 4 days after he died. We got Jake from the streets, dying and emaicated with parvo. in 2005, we alreday had Baby and Cooper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You two are truly wonder with saving rescues!!

      Delete
  20. That is a cute puzzle one for the holidays! I like the Texas one though! Are you planning on keeping that one. I think I may try to find a Michigan puzzle to put together and frame!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A good selection of puzzles here.
    Happy Monday wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE that map puzzle...can I ask where you got it? I would love one of Tennessee or Indiana. Really or about any state. Great idea to keep that last one. It makes me smile just to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I ordered it from Bits & Pieces. Not sure.

      Delete
  23. Thank you. I will look there...I was there not long ago, but did not look through it totally.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love doing jigsaw puzzles too. Always have one in the works on a table in my living room.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents