Is this politically correct any more? Hmmmm, let me think on this and I'll get back to you. In the meantime, they're still violets...AFRICAN violets to be exact, and the few I have on the windowsills are all in bloom! Trust me, they are American born.





I'm thinking I need one more plant, to make it an even half dozen. Maybe a deep violet/burgandy? Or white?
They are gorgeous! I never had very good luck with them.
ReplyDeleteHere, in this house, it's a challenge since the subdivision & houses all sit on an angle with the sun...lighting for plants is really minimal.
DeleteThey are so pretty. I've heard that they aren't easy to grow and with me being so horrible with plants I've never tried to keep one in the house.
ReplyDeleteYou need a sign for them that says "Violet lives matter"
Lol...I like that!
DeleteLove the violets. Any color is beautiful. I had some nice ones but gave them to my daughter in law when we moved last summer as I don't have a good window for them here in our new house. She is enjoying them so much and they are thriving at her house, and I can go see them anytime I want! It made me happy that she wanted them and is enjoying them so much. I am blessed to have such a precious daughter in "love".
ReplyDeleteI like that too...daughter in love. Nice reference.
DeleteShe is exactly that. God has blessed us with this dear girl. Our son waited 46 years for her to come along! She was worth waiting for!!
DeleteSweet!
DeleteHello, Your plants and blooms are lovely. I wish I had a green thumb, my house plants do not do well. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteMine suffer a lot 'cause most rooms are filtered light. I can only do cwrtain types.
DeletePRETTY! My mother was able to propagate these and yours are wonderful to see.
ReplyDeleteYes, that is easy. Just stick a leaf into soil and they take root.
DeleteThey are fantastic! In the distant past I tried a couple of them and they died within just a few days. But they are beautiful. I say go for another one since you do such a good job with them
ReplyDeleteYou convinced me. Will have to search for some when they are in stores.
DeleteI just saw on the radar that Hannah is knocking at your door stay safe
ReplyDeleteYep, it's raining now, and winds are picking up. But I think the eye will be south of us near Baffin Bay (kingsville) we'll see. Thanks for your well wishes.
DeleteLove other people's African Violets. Those in my care don't usually survive.
ReplyDeletePlease stay safe from Hannah and may the power not be interrupted. It looks like the season is here.
It all stared with the green one. I had to buy it at the nursery. And then, another, and another. Wish I had more room for them. In Colorado, Bud made me many window boxes...I had dozens back then. His arthritic hands just couldn't build them now. Or at least I wouldn't ask him.
DeleteYour photos of your African Violets are gorgeous. Your post brings back sweet memories of my late mother. She grew violets and always shared them with me. Thanks for the reminder. I wish you a lovely Saturday.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteAny violet is beautiful. I hope you are safe from Hurricane Hanna.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much.
DeleteYour African Violets are gorgeous! I have only two right now and one of them bloomed more robustly this year than ever before. Fabulous. I have to keep my indoor plants to a minimum because I have a minimum amount of window space for them to treat them properly.
ReplyDeleteI used to have a lot of houseplants, but not many these days.
DeleteOh, I so love violets but I can't seem to keep them alive.
ReplyDeleteMy Mother in law always had them and they were happy, happy, happy in her house. She watered them with tepid tea every few days...
Love your thoughts about renaming everything..makes me crazy...that's all I'm going to say about that !!
sue
Oh, sorry I forgot...thinking of you and Hannah...praying for your safety.
DeleteSue
I got so tired of Trump & his fetish with Obama birth certificate!
Delete...and, thanks for your thoughts.
DeleteThey are beautiful; and so healthy looking! I have heard from people who have them, that they are either really hard or really easy to grow!
ReplyDeleteI have always had pretty good luck with them...some refused to bloom.
DeleteVery pretty. I should get some again. Mine did well when I had them.
ReplyDeleteI love 'em. It is my birth flower (violets)
DeleteA pretty and colorful selection here Anni. I heard about the hurricane heading your way. Stay safe!
ReplyDeleteThanks Denise. Hurricane Hanna is over now.
DeleteThey are all beautiful . Yes, you do need some more.
ReplyDeleteNever enough violets imo
DeleteThey are so pretty!
ReplyDeleteI used to have a few of them but they never did great. I have a brown thumb... :(
I doubt that...I've seen your yard!
DeleteI use to have few african violet and there so lovely.
ReplyDeleteThat, they are!
DeleteThat brings back some great memories...we used to raise some. They're beautiful flowers....thank you.
ReplyDeleteRaise them? To sell?
Deletelove violet ... .....pretty color
ReplyDeleteThey do have pretty colors.
DeleteI'd go for the burgundy myself, but the ones you have are simply gorgeous! :-)
ReplyDeleteThey ARE pretty.
DeleteMy mother used to love African violets and always had a few on the sill. I know they're poisonous to cats so I've never had them, even though we haven't technically had a cat every moment of our marriage. But I sure do enjoy the pictures of yours, Anni. They're gorgeous. Love, Andrea xoxo
ReplyDeleteIt's so good to see you!
Delete❤️
ReplyDelete😊
DeleteMy mom always had a bunch of these growing...she knew which windows to place them in/near for what she wanted them to do. I meant to say I am glad that the danger is past you.
ReplyDeleteThanks Rose.
Delete~sigh~ In my blog comments, you said you agree, that the Woke people, are spewing crap.
ReplyDeleteAnd here, you make a joke, at the expense of the President. The only one standing for the country we were born into... The Republic of the United States of America.
This election does not matter, if we like or don't like or hate any politician. The only difference is... The other side, are for Communism and Marxism.