Tropic...


Blogger & my internet service provider has been giving me issues this week...I can't publish comments or get my admin to cooperate.  Hope this clears up soon.

Monday morning around 2 a.m., thunder and heavy rain! Then, it stopped and the storm front moved out. By 6 a.m., another front moved in behind the one previously and stayed around for hours! Heavy downpours, and flooding with a tornado warning telecast on my phones weather alert. All I can say is "I'm glad Bud and I waterproofed and resealed the low-lying patio door when we did!!" It's gonna be wet in our yard for days. And of course, Monday was June 1st...the first day of hurricane season. There are predictions out that this is gonna be a very active year for named storms. I'm looking forward to it....NOT!! About as much as I look forward to finding a huge worm in a apple I just bit into ...half the worm is gone! That's how much I look forward to this 2020 season.

34 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh Anni!!! All that rain!!! My goodness, how horrible. I hope everything dries out soon. It looks like you could paddle a canoe on your street! ((((((hugs)))))) Love, Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At times, during other storms like this, there have been kayaks on the streets.

      Delete
  2. Oh, talk about tropical, and you captured it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely tropical these days. We have a TS coming in from the south...projected path will be Louisiana landfall, but it could turn.

      Delete
  3. You even make gorgeous pictures of the rain, and drenched thigs! I hope the hurricanes stay away from your area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too...about hurricanes. Thanks Ginny.

      Delete
  4. I would be a nervous wreck going into hurricane season. You really got hit with the rain there. Hope all dries out soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With these storms, comes the summer heat!

      Delete
  5. Whoa - that is a LOT of rain! Your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had heavier rainfall where it's come into our garage. Thanks Molly. Btw...I enjoyed that pasta salad!

      Delete
  6. Heard about Hurricane makes me scary....Hope, you will be OK with this coming season.

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I guess we all learn to live with nature's storms.

      Delete
  7. Hello, I also heard this could be a bad year for the named storms. The storms seemed to have started earlier than previous years too. I hope you stay safe and dry. Wishing you a happy day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There has been some in December too.

      Delete
  8. I love that gorgeous yellow hibiscus, but the pictures of all that rain, not so much. Some of my blogging friends got no rain this spring, others like you are inundated. Hope you get your internet problems solved soon! Thanks for trying anyway, I'd miss you otherwise. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't over yet ... our rainy season has just begun.

      Delete
  9. As the saying goes, "Too much of a good thing is not good!" I hope the rains will let up just a bit so you will dry out for a while. Be safe and just go with the flow - I'm thinking of you. Your photos tell the story well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the storm that is brewing south of us is showing the cone hitting Louisiana. Just maybe eastern Texas.

      Delete
  10. Love rain pics! (not flooding tho) Your little elf/gnome needs a boat! Yes, hurricane season is upon us (like we need this on top of a pandemic and protests). 2020 is certainly making it's mark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2020...a year for the books to be sure.

      Delete
  11. Oh that's a lot of water! Hope this season won't be as bad as the think it will be!!
    We don't have that problem living up here in the woods high up.
    Beautiful pictures though of the water and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But...snow you have? I don't know what's worse winter/cold or hot/humid.

      Delete
  12. I always enjoy your images. Lots of rain here, too, and it seems the weeds are very happy. It's sad I can't spend as much time tending the garden as I did 41 years ago when we moved in here, but there are many flowers that refuse to give up, too! Our little patio garden is my speed now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A small garden is just right in my opinion!

      Delete
  13. This has been really rainy here also. Hoping that TS misses you and just dies in the Gulf. We often get the after glow when they hit the coast. Stay safe and dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems that it will be a tropical storm only...no hurricane. Looks like Louisiana will be its target.

      Delete
  14. Oh my word! You get so much rain.I like a good rain and even a thunderstorm, but hurricanes would not be on my 'long to experience list'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think anyone would really WANT to be in a hurricane. Lol

      Delete
  15. My dad always was happy for what he called liquid sunshine for his garden. Too much can be something else. Hope all stays well with you out there Anni. I have also had computer issues this past week. My old laptop seems to be groaning considerably these days.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - that is a lot of rain! The poor little gnome is going to float away. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He survived...a little muddied, but okay.

      Delete
  17. But you got some beautiful rainy day photos!
    Love the one of the little gnome with the raindrops making circles!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think we got this last night...it rained and rained and rained some more. I would not look forward to Hurricane season either. However, I liked your photos.. specially the hibiscus ones.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents