Artsy Fartsy...


...call me lethargic. Yes, I've gone for some day trippin', and yes, I have tons of pictures to share as always. But, there's one thing stopping me. It's a four letter word...

L A Z Y

I've been too disinterested the past couple of days, and just haven't felt up to blogging. Or even getting the photos off the camera card to upload to blogger. In that case, I'm taking some of my pencil sketches that are in the art archive folder on my laptop and will share some. This time around, family....


These two above are of our first born grandson. He was born with Down Syndrome [as some know] and had open heart surgery at the age of five months. Clint was dying in Irene's arms...his heart stopped beating and she gave him CPR, got on the radio [no phone] and they arrived by helicopter, he had halo flight for life to the Children's hospital in Colorado Springs. The top photo is one of my favorites of him at his great grandmother's home just after he got off oxygen on a permanent basis. I love the determined look...concentration; of his expression brushing his hair while looking into the mirror. [I must admit, it's a spitting image of his photo g-grandma took - - the drawing is framed and on our wall of family portraits, I hold it close and dear to my heart.] The 2nd one of Clint is when he started school.  He is now 31.



This is Irene...circa 1980s


This is our youngest grandson, Dillon.  About the age of 16-17.  He is now married [age 24], working on his law degree.  His aspiration is to be a supreme court judge [state level].


...and this is MY youngest [now 48]...drawn way back circa late 1970s or early 1980s.  [Erik]

I really do hope to get some ambition.  I get up and walk before 9 a.m.  We've had tremendous heat [a couple of days heat index 110 degrees or above], and I just can't find any gumption.  Maybe soon.

39 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are having a lazy spell. Because I can now see your beautiful family, depicted by your wonderful artwork. What a story about Clint!! Is he living at home now? The first picture you drew of him is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, he lives at home. He has been high functioning for some time.

      Delete
  2. Lazy is something I can relate to :) These sketches are wonderful. They are all fantastic but that first one is my favorite. What a sweet picture and yes, you can see the determination. He sure had a scary beginning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just not used to being in this state of not wanting to do anything once I get home. Feels odd.

      Delete
  3. Hello, your sketches are awesome.. I can relate to the lazy feeling too. Enjoy your day, happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a talented artist. I guess you always have been. I don't know how anybody could do anything outside in such heat! And it's only June! Arghh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must get out early and be done walking (exercise) by 10 am. Then, be indoors the rest of the day. Yep, it's only June! I dread August.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like yer git up 'n go, got up 'n went! It must be the heat. Nice sketches of family members. Dang! you can draw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The heat would drain me for sure, but I get back indoors before it reaches 90°, so I think it's boredom.

      Delete
  6. I agree with Jenny it's a good thing you were lazy because we got to see these wonderful drawings! You know how much I loved your sketches! That first photo is absolutely precious. We are having extreme heat to but ours is 92 to 94 with feels like of 102 to 104 and the humidity is absolutely killer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Think this isolation is getting to us all.
    Really enjoyed your sketches but adored the one of Clint trying to figure out the mirror image and how to brush his hair. We have all been there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really not felt the isolation much, except for dining in a restaurant...otherwise, I've gone out almost daily walking. My routine hasn't changed tremendously like with some.

      Delete
  8. Anni the love you have for all of theses beautiful family members is obvious in each stroke of the pencil. Their individual accomplishments amazing.

    AND your artistic ability my goodness I do so admire it. The first one of Clint and his reflection seems as if it would be extremely hard to capture but you did.

    Tues and Wed where horrible hot and humid. Wed. heat index was 100 real temp about 92.
    The air so heavy you could nearly see in. Just June too.

    We are perking along here. Trying to catch up with postponed medical and dental appt.
    I had my first Medicare wellness visit via my iPad. Quite interesting. At least when you are older than dirt your physical isn't very involved. Amazingly they have not perfected drawing blood or mammograms via iPad. I have to go in for those too. LOL

    Hugs to you and your B and resident lion king
    Cecilia and my B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well my boobies would fit on my CELL PHONE lol

      Delete
  9. Those two thoughts, being lazy and day tripping just roll out nicely! Your sketches are really great too. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know just how you feel. Don't care if I get anything done! But, you know, it's okay!! You obviously need the REST!! Those are really nice pencil sketches. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I just may take days to rest. Lol

      Delete
  11. Love to read about your family members story....
    you are talented in sketches...my most favorite is the first sketch.

    Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, being fairly new to your blog, I had no idea that you are such an amazing artist. Fantastic and thanks for sharing about Clint.
    I understand that word L-A-Z-Y too. I just run out of steam before I even get started.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you view the website version...use the drop down menu under my art easel.

      Delete
  13. Yep, no gumption here either, Anni. I've determined I'm just going to be kind to myself right through it and give myself freedom to feel any which way I want to. What beautiful art pieces you have created. I LOVED looking at them and wish to thank you for posting them. And yes, your getting up before 9am and going walking is very ambitious. I admire you for it. Love, Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I need a break (from your stress & me, more or less, from this inferno).

      Delete
  14. If you lack ambition and show us artwork, I am perfectly fine with it. Even better than fine. I love seeing it. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get some photos off the camera. BUT, I do have more photos of my sketches.

      Delete
  15. Wow they are really good. You are very talented. I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so wonderful! I just love that first one of Clint - so sweet and I'm glad he's doing well now after his heart issues.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your youngest one is 12 years your them me. Lovely skeetches

    ReplyDelete
  18. All of your sketches are beautiful.
    The two of Clint truly touched my heart.
    Our youngest grandson has autism.

    I have been pushing myself to blog more than I sometimes feel like doing.
    I blame it on the coronavirus...it is so devastating to people's lives.

    Hugs Anni 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand your feelings these days about blogging. And, thanks Jan

      Delete
  19. I wondered if you followed the link at my Pics & Pieces blog to Prairie Eyes instagram account photos and saw his photos. They have such a quality about them...almost a haunting quality. I had to look up his name to find out what happened and read a few different places to even do my blog about it. It was just strange how hard it hit me because we did not ever chat...at the most I left one or two comments on his photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, if I have time, I usually follow links.

      Delete
  20. Oh my I just love this post right from the header , your words of not feeling like showing photos but then such creative art. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents