Well, as y'all know, I had two days of slow internet service. I don't know if it was the cause of servers, overload, blogger, or what, but Monday I should have just gone back to bed. For the 2nd day in a row, nothing worked. I crocheted a bit before what should have been close to sunrise, and I took off for my morning walk. I had plans of going to National Padre Island Seashore and walk along the beach. It's been since the first week in March [the week before Erik was here for Spring Break] since I've been anywhere near the Gulf waters! Then...Covid 19. Too many parks and beaches became inaccessible, or I stayed away. I needed a 'beach fix'. Not gonna happen. I left home...clear skies. By the time I reached Flour Bluff, a suburb of Corpus by about 10-12 miles away, the fog was so thick, I couldn't see the white lines on the freeway. Yes, the fog was that thick!! I kept on driving until I got to a fishermen's wharf and pulled off the highway to wait it out and hopefully, the fog would burn off as the sun came up fully. While waiting, I got out and walked in the fog. I got my 10,000 steps in before I got back to the car, where I had parked. Still, the fog was imminent yet thinning out. I thought what the heck? And, re-entered the freeway. I got to the JFK causeway and drove through clouds! They were hanging heavy and thick. After dropping down off the causeway, the fog returned in front of me. Once again, I pulled off...at Packery Channel this time. Walked some more. I talked with another women who designed the park, interesting lady! She gave me a few heads-up on what to expect in the future for the park. As the sun finally peeked out from the dreary damp gray, I thought...National Seashore here I come. At whitecap beach traffic light, still out toward the federal park system, the fog remained. I gave up. Stopped at the beach there and headed home. I was drained, and after lunch, needed to nap. And nap I did...for three hours!!
So, the pictures I tried to publish for a couple of days now will be loaded [fingers crossed]...along the lazy river. Spanish moss is one of my favorite parts of living in the South. These are photos from Saturday morning, last week, beginning with sunrise through the pecan tree at home:
I really shouldn't complain, more people have it worse than I do...but...began uploading attempt at 4:10 PM. Last of the images completely up and ready to publish? 4:44 PM!!!!
S L O W!!!!
Simply GLORIOUS photos! Atmospheric, moody, elegant, stunning. And oh my, this wonderful big tree and it's reflection, I adore it!!! The Spanish Moss pictures, many look like they are in a swamp. I mean that as a good thing! Creepy, mysterious, and beautiful. What an awesome post.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ginny
DeleteYour photos are gorgeous! I'm glad you can move freely on the beaches, we still live in lockdown.
ReplyDeleteThat tree full of dry moss comes from an SF film! Maybe from "Lord of the rings"!
Have a nice day, stay healthy, stay save!
It does look a bit of the sci-fi genre.
DeleteWell those pictures were definitely worth waiting for. I love the spanish moss. Those trees with all that green are awesome. I'm hoping it won't be much longer here before the trees look like that again.
ReplyDeleteI dread what we will have in a month or two
DeleteHello, the photos are fantastic. It is great you were able to get your steps done. I wish I lived closer to a beach. Enjoy your day!
ReplyDeleteYa, a whole different walk in foggy weather!
Deleteif you have a modem, it might need to be rebooted, I had to do that to mine a couple times over the past year. I called and complained the 2nd time and he said you are having problems because that modem is out of date, it is years old, we will bring you a new one, zipped fine. of course with the virus it is slower than normal, but my photo upload quickly. I say call the MAN and ask about it.
ReplyDeletethese photos are spectacular. number 2 tree reflection is totally awesome!!! all the photos are gorgeous... you are brave to be out in fog. not me sista
we don't know what they did with the fish, we did not want it. neigher of us like taxidermy and dead critters on walls... not sure what they did
No modem...hotspot. We haven't had cable for years.
DeleteYour Spanish moss pictures are wonderful. I love it, too. And even if slow, you were finally able to load your pictures for your fans to admire! :-)
ReplyDeleteYes, it's slowly building up to normal high speed.
DeleteThe reflection photos are superb! I love the Spanish moss shots. You are very brave to drive through fog. I was always afraid someone would run up on me from behind! Stay safe!
ReplyDeleteIt wasn't bravery...I had no choice until I got to an exit ramp.
DeleteI'm so glad you got at least some walking in, Anni, even though not at the place you really wanted. Isn't fog usually do to drastic temperature changes, either one way or the other? So I'm wondering if it had gotten really cool where you are or really warm. Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous, as always. Love, Andrea xoxo
ReplyDeleteYa, that's exactly what I've heard also.
DeleteDon't think I would have been brave enough to tackle a fog that heavy. Glad you made it back just fine. Must have been weird living in the clouds like that. Great reflection shots.
ReplyDeleteAh yes, I do miss Spanish moss but not the chiggers that can be found there.
If I'd known it was thick as pea soup, I would've stayed home.
DeleteOur internet isn't too reliable these days...
ReplyDeleteLovely photos!
I thought today, this all may stem from a merger that took place last week.
DeleteBeautiful photos! I'm sorry about your issues, nothin' worse than puter issues - strange that your internet speed is so slow, here it is lightning fast as our provider has given everyone extra zip during the COVID-19 crisis. Best wishes on no more tech issues.
ReplyDeleteIt's usually fast! Not the last couple days.
DeleteNow that's what I call an adventure.
ReplyDeleteI do know all about fog and not seeing the lines on the road.
I lived for over 55 years by the Pacific Ocean and many a day had to travel "by Braille".
Your day trips photos are so beautiful. It makes me antsy to get out and just GO !!
Sue
The driving in fog was not only scary at times, but so unexpected. I had no place to go but creep forward.
DeleteUp the lovely wonderful river indeed! Stay safe, this all will be over if we do, and life will be a bit more like we're used to! Take care.
ReplyDeleteIndeed...safe days to you too!
DeleteBeautiful pictures. That internet speed sounds about like what we have here all the time. the city is bringing a fiber network in and I can’t wait to get that and the speeds they deliver.
ReplyDeleteI hope it helps. I'm spoiled with high speed connection & when there is a setback I get frustrated.
ReplyDeleteOh my - sorry you had such trouble loading the pics, but they sure are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI guess good things come to those who wait. Or however the saying goes.
DeleteI feel your pain with slowness...I haven't had anything terrible, but i have noticed my single photo being really slow to upload. I love the 6th photo here...and I even see a crane/blue heron in it! There is a tangle vines/twigs whatever that looks like one taking off in flight. Do you see it? It is about a third of the way down...right beside the strong verticle line of Spanish moss. Do you think I might be bored out of my mind???
ReplyDeleteYes, yes! I see it now!!!
Delete